Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well, that explains it. Haha. You got yourself a well heeled girl, then. Very nice!
    Her parents have a NetJets share, ferchrissakes. Where you been??

Western Oregon in a heartbeat given your choices, presence of family, AND especially the politics. :P Moving to Eugene is the road not taken for me 30 years ago. No idea how that would have turned out. I love hippies. I stayed in VT where I'm from. Hippies with guns is even better.

I lived in La Veta for a while and loved it. Its 1 hour to Pueblo, and doesn't have the tweaker problems. Tons of summer recreation. Access to Taos and Wolf Creek within 2 hours.

This spread is nice, 35 acres for your Ruby Ridge project (just try not to get shot by federal agents, ok?).
    https://www.movoto.com/la-veta-co/22...4514/for-sale/

La Veta is a cool area, checked it out and up to Cuchara earlier this month. ALOT of TX accents around Cuchara, dam, seemed every other person was from Houston and owned a ranch.

Parvo, have you considered the benefits of fractional ownership of your Ruby Ridge?
    I still call it The Jake.

How about several timeshares spread out over the west.
    Get bored, off to another timeshare.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    I lived in La Veta for a while and loved it. Its 1 hour to Pueblo, and doesn't have the tweaker problems. Tons of summer recreation. Access to Taos and Wolf Creek within 2 hours.

This spread is nice, 35 acres for your Ruby Ridge project (just try not to get shot by federal agents, ok?).
    https://www.movoto.com/la-veta-co/22...4514/for-sale/
    This. There’s a couple other cool places around that area as well that I would consider. With that said, Pueblo has amazing boating, fishing, hiking, rock climbing, mt biking and you’re about equal distance from Scummit county and Sliverton/T-Ride. Pueblo use to be sketchy as fuck and has turned around since the river walk improvements and rejuvenation of the downtown area. The money hangs out in West Pueblo.

Oh, and there’s also a ton of really high caliber weed growing in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Therefore I hate cops and people that leave their doors unlocked. Shady dude was just doing what shady dudes do.
    if you had recalled who pueblos congressional rep is you would have known that shooting the dude and becoming a local hero was the right move

Parvo - have you asked your hopefully-soon-to-be wife what she thinks of Pueblo? Or a farm outside Philomath?

I drove to San Antonio and back last week

I’d consider San Antonio, Colorado over San Antonio, Texas !
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 07-20-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    This. There’s a couple other cool places around that area as well that I would consider. With that said, Pueblo has amazing boating, fishing, hiking, rock climbing, mt biking and you’re about equal distance from Scummit county and Sliverton/T-Ride. Pueblo use to be sketchy as fuck and has turned around since the river walk improvements and rejuvenation of the downtown area. The money hangs out in West Pueblo.

Oh, and there’s also a ton of really high caliber weed growing in the area.

You boys should talk it up a bit more on the internet, no one is listening

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hold up, I'd like to hear more about living in LA.
    Nobody walks in L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    La Veta is a cool area, checked it out and up to Cuchara earlier this month. ALOT of TX accents around Cuchara, dam, seemed every other person was from Houston and owned a ranch.
    La Veta, Cuchara, Westcliffe and a few others are very much on my radar but yeah, so many damned Texans. Stayed in Trinidad for a night last week, wasn't feeling it either. But, lots of Denver investors are looking that way and have bought multiple properties downtown. Trinidad will be full on hipster long before Pueblo gets there. Word is also getting out about the sick gravel riding around there. Not a fan of I-25 running through town in any case, so looking further W/NW from there.

Ultimately, I'd like to buy land right here in Routt County, but that means Yampa, P-burg or Oak Creek on my salary. Oak Creek is going off. The old car wash is about to turn into a brewery. 131 is now known as Vail/Steamboat corridor.

^^ For a road that almost nobody used 30 years ago to be thought of as a transportation corridor now is strange to me. In the years I lived there (87-96 on and off) I think I traveled 131 a half dozen times at most.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    HA! Funny timing. I was just in Pueblo a few days ago. For whatever reason, that area East of the interstate by the Target and all the newer shops were full of exclusively female panhandles at every corner. Like a couple dozen. All female. Not one guy. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I always found Pueblo to be an interesting town with a neat mining history, but it's definitely, em... "interesting" due to the very element you saw. I did have to laugh at the hipster (likely recent transplant) I saw there riding his fixie through downtown. Skinny jeans, thick rimmed glasses, mustache, the works. I just couldn't help but think he left Portland or Seattle for greener pastures in Colorado thinking "Hey! This place looks affordable!" when perusing Realtor.com. And just like all the West Coasters who moved to Mead, CO and were upset about the gas wells, was prolly like "WTF?! Uh oh!" Dude was definitely out of his element there compared to the surrounding vatos and bums. LMAO. That said, the surrounding area IS beautiful and it has good access to the mountains from what I can see, so there could certainly be some appeal if you have a good job and know what you're in for.

RE: San Antonio. Dang! Can't believe we missed each other. Was in Montana for a while and just got back to SA. I would've showed you around!!! Hit me up via PM and I'll hook you up with any intel you want.
    I been riding these streets so long
    Singing my hipster song
    I know I’d be back on my fixie
    Here down in Pueblo

Where hipping the name of the game
    And gap-wearers get washed
    Away like the snow and the rain

They’ll be a load of compromising
    On the road to hip arrivin
    But I’m gonna be where
    Everyone will soon look like me!

Like a dime store hipster
    (Dun dun!)
    Riding round on his single speed
    Pretending it’s a fixie
    Dime store hipster!
    (Dun dun!)
    Seeing everybody seeing me
    Being hip so painfully
    I’m a hipster y’all look at me

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Name:  applause4.gif
Views: 360
Size:  192.1 KB
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Nobody walks in L.A.
    I actually saw Missing Persons on their one tour. Interesting show.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Ah, the next best place, this should be a fun thread.
    Pueblo is an interesting candidate, it's certainly a dark horse, and more original than the usual Durango / Flagstaff / Driggs bullshit. Sangre de Cristos are SICK and not too far.
    Along 25, Trinidad seems to have some upside, but YMMV.
    If you were worried about tweakers in Pueblo, Trinidad is an old railroad town tweaker central.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I actually saw Missing Persons on their one tour. Interesting show.
    I think most people just went to see Terry play drums.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    If you were worried about tweakers in Pueblo, Trinidad is an old railroad town tweaker central.
    Tweakers with sex changes.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Tweakers with sex changes.
    I *believe* those days are over...

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I think most people just went to see Terry play drums.
    Yup, I was brought to it by the Zappa connection. But Dale was an entertainer, for sure.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yup, I was brought to it by the Zappa connection. But Dale was an entertainer, for sure.
    I think I saw them open for Angel City around 82 and the drum set was out front . It's all sorta fuzzy thinking that far back.

How about Salida? 2 hours west of Pueblo. Can't say I've spent a lot of time there but it seems like a cool little town without the heavy touron load. Better access to skiing than any of the other suggestions I've seen so far with Monarch right up the road and the Arkansas river runs right through town.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    How about Salida? 2 hours west of Pueblo. Can't say I've spent a lot of time there but it seems like a cool little town without the heavy touron load. Better access to skiing than any of the other suggestions I've seen so far with Monarch right up the road and the Arkansas river runs right through town.
    Lol