Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sub - $40 polarized shades

Blenders and Shady Rays seem to have much of the market cornered in terms of advertising, etc.

We each have multiple pairs of both. I tend to prefer Blenders due to my big ass head and the larger fit.

Shady Rays have the no questions asked "broken or lost" replacement plan, which I assume most customers don't take advantage of. But it's there, which is nice.

The under $40 price only applies to discounts, but seems these type of brands always have them running.. so not hard to find.

What's your go to sub-$40 brand of polarized sunglasses with a big range of style choices?

not pit vipers.
    swing your fucking sword.

Bought my first set of Shady Ray's and have been impressed. will buy more.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Picked up a pair of these this summer and liking them. Couple styles. Cheap

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08DN...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Picked up a pair of these this summer and liking them. Couple styles. Cheap

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08DN...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Wow Oakley's pissed lol..look like gascans I think is the model.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Gonna sound silly but I find the optical quality of Panama Jack lenses to be significantly better than any of the other cheap ones I've tried. They are infinitely better lenses than goodr, for instance. I buy mine at king soopers but I think walmart sells them also.

I wear sunnies every day and prolly have 20+ pairs in my closet from all the good mfgs. I wear the Panama jacks the most by far.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Suncloud. I like mine so much I moved on from Smith, Costa etc. a few years ago. guys I fish with are amazed at how well the polarization works I see fish/structure they miss a lot of the time, they also have moved to Suncloud. Optical clarity is on point with the high end glasses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Suncloud. I like mine so much I moved on from Smith, Costa etc. a few years ago. guys I fish with are amazed at how well the polarization works I see fish/structure they miss a lot of the time, they also have moved to Suncloud. Optical clarity is on point with the high end glasses as well.
    Those look solid. Thanks for the recc. Might give em a try soon as my fancy mountainy Julbos are wearing out.

Suncloud is the same company as Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Well aware, price difference is yudge tho. Same optical quality at a fraction of the cost.

I've been happy with Goodrs if you like one of the few styles they have. They will also replace lenses for free, which astounded me at the price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Interesting. I don't really follow sunglasses or buy many but I've been happy with the mag affiliated sunskis for spring and summer skiing and general water use. I think they were a bit closer to 70. The mag discount code might still work though.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    not pit vipers.
    Most douchey glasses out there.

I like Knockaround Classics. $25 and usually have coupons. Work for my face/head shape.

I have a big douchey pair of Blenders for biking and ski touring etc, basically anything where I want max sun coverage. They're plenty good, only complaint is the sweat drips straight into them from my bike helmet so I have to clean them off a lot but that's probably more of a helmet fit thing. They were under $40 with discounts - if you add them to your cart and leave them overnight they usually give you a 15% off code

I also have a pair of Goodr casual sunglasses that are nice and cheap. My gf uses them too we've both been through a couple pairs and they're great for the price. I even ran over one pair of them with my truck on accident and they still survived, just had to reattach the arm

I've been fully on the sub $40 polarized train for years now and I don't think I'll ever go back to expensive glasses. Had good experiences with Suncloud as well as others have mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Well aware, price difference is yudge tho. Same optical quality at a fraction of the cost.
    I had no idea Suncloud = Smith but ^^^^
    I used to live with a Smith rep. Even with the deepest of prodeals he couldn't touch the Suncloud prices. Love their sunglasses.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Shady Rays! I bought 3 pair a few years back when it was 2 for$20, since then replaced 2 of the and nose pieces a few times. Just ordered some more, they are no longer $20. I also bought one of their sun shirts. Good stuff.

Goodr’s are the best value I’ve found (including Suncloud and tifosi). I’m skewed heavily to ski touring and running though - not the best optics on the water (where I’m spending more and more time)

Goodr’s are very comfortable and secure on the face though. If I’m on a 6+ hour run they’re the only classes that won’t hurt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have some cheap Suncloud ($20, REI), and the clarity isn't nearly as good as Smith (several pairs). For cheap but sharp, I have several from Coyote, when STP had piles of them at $20-25.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I have some cheap Suncloud ($20, REI), and the clarity isn't nearly as good as Smith (several pairs). For cheap but sharp, I have several from Coyote, when STP had piles of them at $20-25.
    Got some coyotes at stp for stupid cheap. Good enough for my ugly mug and the polarization is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Most douchey glasses out there.
    and there are a lot of douchey sunglasses
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Suncloud offers a few levels of glasses. If they were $20 then it’s no wonder they’re not on point with smith’s quality. There $50-$60 stuff is. Several pairs of each.

I tried the Tifosi Swick today, they are some of the most comfortably shades I've ever tried at any price. I have a larger than average head and the frames are made of a nicely flexible fabric. They also have great coverage for casual-ish glasses. I will buy a pair, I just need to decide between the $50 polarized or $25 non-polarized version.