Lightweight jacket replacement

I've been rocking the TREW pack jack for a few seasons now, was great for wind resistance, some wet resistance/breathability and amazing weight/packability. Unfortunately it went MIA at a restaurant earlier this month and I went to order a replacement only to find they don't sell them anymore. Anyone know of any similarly featured jackets? I don't really need warmth, just decent protection from the elements and doesn't weigh me down.

The pack jack really was a gem, even if the fanny pack-ability was gimmick, it was still ridiculously useful.
    Last edited by eSock; 07-18-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Patagonia Houdini. Houdini Air for more breathable. Easy to find on sale or their wornwear site.

Anybody try the antigravity gear ultralight?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

it is damn expensive, specially compared to what has mentioned thus far, but i'm really interested in the alpha sl anorak from arc. it is only a few ounces heavier than the category standard but it is gore-tex so truly waterproof rather than "water-resistant". they also make mention of some "Hadron face fabric" that is incorporated into the gore-tex which is supposed to make it much harder wearing, something that is a huge plus in my book as i've had less than stellar experiences with the durability of traditional rain jackets. some breathability is surely sacrificed for that added protection though. and yeah, it is fucking $375. the only reason i am seriously considering one at that price point is i reckon i can use it not only as an emergency shell for summer and spring but as an every option in the winter as well.
    swing your fucking sword.

Second the Pat Houdini for super lightweight (100 gr) spring/summer. I just fold it into its pocket and then clip it to my pack to have ready if some precip or wind kicks up
    For something more substantial but still light, this has been great - https://himalilife.com/products/hima...ens-deep-space. Like 365 gr for pretty bomber but minimalist shell, but with big enough pockets to stuff skins. I got it for 1/2 off end of season, but at full price is still a relatively good deal vs many others
    OR also makes some good lightweight shells, and good value

Pat Houdini and OR's Helium both look promising. I guess the pack jack was actually a pullover so it had a pouch pocket for hands/storage as well, that's the only thing that seems to be missing.

Thanks for the leads!

I picked up a tnf L5 ultralight at outlet for cheap. I have worn it for a few walks to test and works well. Amazingly light

I have an OR Helium for a jacket that I always carry but rarely wear in the dry west. For the times that I have needed it, it has performed perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The Helium Rain Jacket from OR is a great choice if you're looking for "waterproofness". The Helium Wind Hoodie is another option from OR if you don't need that level of rain proof.

Lightweight jacket replacement

RAB Kinetic 2.0
    Stretchy, feels soft against bare skin, light.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda