Apocalypse Equipment Packs?

Tried searching but no luck. It's summer and I am not skiing so that means I am aimlessly looking at gear. Stumbled across these Apocalypse Equipment custom packs. To my eyes it looks to be almost perfect. I have a few packs and have issues with all of them and kinda know what I want but haven't been able to find it. This looks like something that checks all my boxes with the addition of being able to custom order stuff. Anyone have one? Thoughts?

https://www.apocalypse-equipment.com/packs-1/p/sac2

Specifically I want: roll top, Avy tool holder, good ski carry, lightweight, ice axe carry, and side access. The BD Cirque is my current pack and the closest but I do not love the fit + the Sac.2 looks to be 2/3 the weight.

I wonder how well will it carry day stuff, skis and boots, 35 lbs.

99 % of my trips involved booting up a couloir for a couple of hours, not to speak of approaches in shoes

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Oh, look, another cottage company (I mean guy with a a Juki) making expensive stuffsacks with shoulder straps and calling them packs. (Cilogear would like a word...)

That design will be fine if your pack weight is under 20#. More than that and you'll be wishing you had a real hip belt and some internal frame stays. That particular one looks like it would carry about as well as a teenager's Jansport.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I reached out to them about the packs and heard back from the guy who makes them. They seem like a cool company and good design to me for a daypack where you want to bring all the gear. I ended up buying an Exped Black Ice 30 L (which lacks some of the ski-specific features) for a lot cheaper.

It has become a cottage industry, lots of ultralight pack makers.
    I got one of these from Superior Wilderness Designs - https://www.swdbackpacks.com/product-page/50Lbackpack. 50L + 10L of pocket space. I customized the sidepanels to be cordura to make more ski friendly, and added some more straps. Works great for backpacking or ski mountaineering if out for a night or two. Nice thing is that can cinch down to more like 30-35L when going out to climb/ski for the day, if base camping somewhere
    Apocalypse looks pretty cool too. I'd recommend rolltop and then err on bigger (like 45L+) as you then have a super versatile pack size-wise that's still pretty damn light

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Oh, look, another cottage company (I mean guy with a a Juki) making expensive stuffsacks with shoulder straps and calling them packs. (Cilogear would like a word...)

That design will be fine if your pack weight is under 20#. More than that and you'll be wishing you had a real hip belt and some internal frame stays. That particular one looks like it would carry about as well as a teenager's Jansport.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

just curious why do you want a rolltop in a ski pack? Never had one but seems finicky if it's really cold or dumping.

that hip belt looks uncomfortable, and I'm unsure what i would put in the exterior pocket behind the avy tools compartment?

I bet Neil and alpine threadworks would build you a rolltop sellkirk if that's really a dealbreaker for you. That pack is the one piece of ski gear that I never consider replacing/upgrading/ fucking with. Everything is where it should be on that pack

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    just curious why do you want a rolltop in a ski pack? Never had one but seems finicky if it's really cold or dumping.

that hip belt looks uncomfortable, and I'm unsure what i would put in the exterior pocket behind the avy tools compartment?

I bet Neil and alpine threadworks would build you a rolltop sellkirk if that's really a dealbreaker for you. That pack is the one piece of ski gear that I never consider replacing/upgrading/ fucking with. Everything is where it should be on that pack
    For me, a roll top is way easier than zippers with or without gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I have a blue ice, not impressed with the design, for some reason the top opening is a bit too small, and it's hard to put stuff in, like the helmet.

Replaced it with the peuterey 35+10, great pack.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk