On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

WTB: Size M/52-24cm decent gravel bike...

For my buddy in Jackson who somewhat foolishly just sold his road bike before he found a gravel bike to replace it.

Either carbon on steel. 1x is doable but 2x probably better for climbing over the pass etc.

He claims $2500 max price but I'm slowly working on him to get him to realize he simply should spend a little more if the right bike pops up in this market.

Thanks mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    For my buddy in Jackson who somewhat foolishly just sold his road bike before he found a gravel bike to replace it.

Either carbon on steel. 1x is doable but 2x probably better for climbing over the pass etc.

He claims $2500 max price but I'm slowly working on him to get him to realize he simply should spend a little more if the right bike pops up in this market.

Thanks mags.
    Call all the Giant dealers, they had a good stock a few months ago of Revolt 2 Advanced for $2,600. Is it the sickest build, no, is a decent carbon frame that you can replace parts on easily and upgrade where you want... yes. Only bummer that I've found on mine is the D shaped proprietary seat post.... I haven't wanted a dropper yet, but I've only been using it for comfy road riding, but I could see that being a hinderance if I get more into some adventure rides with it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Call all the Giant dealers, they had a good stock a few months ago of Revolt 2 Advanced for $2,600. Is it the sickest build, no, is a decent carbon frame that you can replace parts on easily and upgrade where you want... yes. Only bummer that I've found on mine is the D shaped proprietary seat post.... I haven't wanted a dropper yet, but I've only been using it for comfy road riding, but I could see that being a hinderance if I get more into some adventure rides with it.
    Good call. He's a city guy/roadie at heart. He will never put a dropper on his bike. I don't think he even knows what a dropper is.