Roaches like Blundstone boots soles ?

Have a vintage pair of black Blundstone boots from like 2001. I wore them heavily back n the early oughts and then they have been lost in boxes and storage until rather recently. The soles are very old and disintegrating. In one boot i can see a tiny dot of daylight with no insole in place if held up to the sun. I leave a small trail of black rubber and dust pretty much anywhere that I am wearing these. yes, yes, sure need resoles or whatever, but the blundstones actually said blundstone and i dont want some weird vibrams.

Anyway, left these in a pest inhabited empty residence on the floor overnight. Came in to find upon moving them roaches scurrying out from under the soles. So, what is up with that?? Ive had mice and rats chew excavator wiring due to "soy" coated wires. But roaches feasting on blundstone soles?? would seem that this is maybe not a good shoe to take into griz country if it has some food attribute. imagine having these in a tent if in fact they are made from some kind of condiment or something. anyone know what's up?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Can’t wait for the Airbnb review.

lol
    www.freeridesystems.com

IME Blundstone will send you a new pair of boots if the soles are destroyed but the uppers are OK

I probably got this pair in the early 2000's and wore them every day for work, this boot has about 13yrs wear before the soles got too bad and i got a new pair

THEN a buddy on FB said hey you can get warranty on prematurely chunked up soles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blund3.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	379765

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blund5.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1,006.5 KB 
ID:	379766
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-18-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

They also reportedly had a bad batch of soles that prematurely degraded a few years back

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

yeah so what I did was contact Blundstone canada, I email them those ^^ 2 picts, they can tell everything from the stamp in the instep

they emailed back yes you will get warranty so now cut out the elastic panels and the pull tabs send us the pictures so that those boots can never be warrantied again

3 weeks later a new pair of boots shows up in the mail

I had already bought a new pair, so they send me a new pair on warranty and then my sister gave me a pair so I got 3 pair in 3 different styles, Blundstones are VERY popular up here , you know they are popular when uncool people are wearing them

ok, all good to know, mine look like yours on the bottom, and the way those little pests skidattled out of them in great numbers they much be like pure sugar or something

i actually want my uppers i dont want new, i bought some new ones over a year ago and never wear them. i like my old ones
    www.freeridesystems.com

getting warranty on 13 yr old shoes needless to say I'm pretty happy with Blundstone, the shoe was falling apart as opposed to just wearing out, the soles broke down pretty fast after the chunking started, I guess i always wondered why the soles crumbled instead of just wearing out and at some point were too unstable to walk on so I got a new pair

i still got the original pair with the parts cut off so I thot I might slip them on to run out to the shed but I never did

I get that you like that worn look, a pre-stressed upper is actualy one of their models, one thing you could do if you got warranty is stress the uppers to look like a 15 yrs old blundstone
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-18-2021 at 03:05 PM.

i dont want them to give me anything new. i wore them out. I just want the pair i have back in wearable condition. so, i am going to want to try to put some glue or sealant or shoe goo or roofing tar , whatever it takes, lol, what do u think would be best? and i would like the roaches to quit visiting the shoes if i can get that too...which is not at my house , but a temporary living situation while i help work on our govt project in denver.....as soon as it is on track im out of denver and hopefully the roaches stay at the house when i depart
    www.freeridesystems.com

well being THE " fix your own fucking gear with Aqua Seal " guy I thot about building the soles up with AQS

but then the soles are pretty fucked, I wasnt sure if AQS would stick so i just bought new boots and abandoned the idea until the warranty thing came along

If you got yer heart set on repairing I suggest you try a tube of Shoo Goo, build up the sides of the sole with masking tape to hold the stuff in place while it cures and just squeeze the product onto the soles

Turn the page micol. Seriously.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^these are ole friends, i can't put them down
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well being THE " fix your own fucking gear with Aqua Seal " guy I thot about building the soles up with AQS

but then the soles are pretty fucked, I wasnt sure if AQS would stick so i just bought new boots and abandoned the idea until the warranty thing came along

If you got yer heart set on repairing I suggest you try a tube of Shoo Goo, build up the sides of the sole with masking tape to hold the stuff in place while it cures and just squeeze the product onto the soles
    yeah, sounds like worth a try, im going to work in this direction
    www.freeridesystems.com

So deja vu all over again my third pair of Blunstones that my sister gave me are shitting the bed

so I did the same warranty process and should have new pair in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So deja vu all over again my third pair of Blunstones that my sister gave me are shitting the bed

so I did the same warranty process and should have new pair in a few weeks
    Soles or uppers?

I had deep cracks in my leather after 3 years, despite treating them with Obenhauf's Heavy Duty LP semi-regularly, but the warranty team sad "nah." Blundstones were great for the first two years but the whole boot has really given out over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Soles or uppers?

I had deep cracks in my leather after 3 years, despite treating them with Obenhauf's Heavy Duty LP semi-regularly, but the warranty team sad "nah." Blundstones were great for the first two years but the whole boot has really given out over the last year.
    the sole was just starting to seperate in a few places, they still look & walk good but this is not my first rodeo so I know better, I think they were bought in 2016 this pair doesnt get worn much cuz its the dressy pair, i can still wear these with the side panels & tabs cut off and have a new pair so big win

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    yeah, sounds like worth a try, im going to work in this direction

you wanna keep your uppers? find a good cobbler to slap on some new vibram soles for ya… here’s yelp’s top 10 denver cobblers.

https://yelp.com/search?find_desc=Co...c=Denver%2C+CO