RIP Mike Wiegele

https://www.facebook.com/mikewiegelehelicopterskiing

Sad to hear the passing of the godfather of heli skiing. In the mid 90's I went to a presentation by Mike in the Salt Lake REI, talking to him afterwards was the highlight, I immediately started saving all my pennies and a year later made the trip. It was seriously life changing.
    Hope you are skiing endless pow Mike.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

RIP. Another legend gone. He will be remember for a long time
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

Whup, didn't scroll down far enough before creating my own post, thanks Teleee.

Mike definitely was a big dreamer, and made much of his vision come true. The 8 Peaks proposal is still being worked on, but like Valemount Glacier Resort, the upper class masses have too many options closer to civilization to stir investors in such grandiose plans just yet. But his choice of Blue River for consistent dry powder in the northern Monashees and southern Caribous kept his clientele coming back each year. And his support for UofC snow science work has been a boon for avalanche forecasting.

A sad time with MW Heliskiing with the tragic passing of Heath Coleman when his helicopter went down while fighting fires west of Edmonton. My heart goes out the MW family for their great losses this summer.

I only met Wiegele once but Heath was a friend from before his life as a pilot. Tough summer for that crew. Keep the dream going for those two gentlemen.

RIP

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Rip in peace
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

legend. rip.