Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That will be an awesome Lahar!!
    Am no. No big stratovolcano with Lots of ashes and no glaciers.
    But the pyroclastic flows should be fun.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I can't talk about the shit that keeps me up at night.
    Now I'm curious.

Some say the world will end in fire
    others say in ice
    from what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire
    But if it had to perish twice
    I'd say that for destruction hate
    is also great
    and would suffice.

RF

alcohol keeps me up at night
    i must say i'm less interested in it as i get older

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    alcohol keeps me up at night
    i must say i'm less interested in it as i get older
    Likewise. I do find that if I wake up in the middle of the night after drinking and can't go back to sleep a couple of vapes does the trick. (Assuming the dog isn't lying where my feet are supposed to be.)

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Post. Then smoke crack.
    What’s your beef with that?

Maybe we'll get to see that Yellowstone eruption:

Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 16-24-44 USGS Volcanoes🌋 on Twitter.png
Views: 298
Size:  357.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    What’s your beef with that?
    Maybe the running around randomly killing things part? But what do I know ...im just a Euro commie.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I've come to the conclusion after 2020 people worry about the stupidist shit ever
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    all the psychological damage and inability to be optimistic.
    These have kept me up at night. And made me inattentive and distracted in the day. And the stupid people who've been kept up at night worrying about stupid shit and then being distracted during the day have been driving me nuts, too. That has been a fun ride toward hell.

Thread progression indicates the greatest threat to existence is probably existentialism. I live it as a repeating loop in which Pascal always turns out to be right (again). The truth in Yeti's words are obvious but also no more defensible than Tom Papa's position: you're doing great. You're doing great.

The realization that my optimism had gone missing was keeping me up one night a week or two ago when a friend texted that the Almost Live Still Alive podcast provides increased vitality through nostalgia and comedy. I concur. It's a crying shame that such a small slice of humanity remembers Booth Gardner's solemn pledge to get even with Ross Schaeffer, because an hour a day with Pat Cashman is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Maybe the running around randomly killing things part? But what do I know ...im just a Euro commie.
    It’s chipmunks man… chipmunks…

And the occasional family of groundhogs.

A possum here and there.

It’s not that serious…

I have a lot of time to think.
    The process of living in my hometown jogs a lot of small memories. I think about all the experiences that produced me, and how I needed them at various survival moments in my life, and almost all of them are extinct for kids growing up now. I wonder how they’re ever going to function. I wonder who will pick lettuce and carry bricks in the hot sun? Who will be moving trailers around the truck yard when it’s 20 below?

Today’s bus passengers haunt me.
    The quiet, skeletal woman living in the woods far, far in the middle of nowhere, hobbling off into the mosquito woods with her things from the store. Was that a person or a ghost? If we watched the camera footage, would it just look like an empty bus…opening the door for nothing?

The young man at a far-flung rural public housing not showing up to his ride to work. I wait, getting later and later, texting his mom, my coworker, to see what’s up…she rushes over to try to get him to get his dumb ass on the bus and not miss work, then she gives up. I leave super late and heartbroken. Is he going to lose his job?

The two different old people who each, separately, individually jerked me around by waiting in wrong places they know don’t work for the bus, when they know exactly the proper place to wait. Miserable bitter lonely elderly people with no cards left to play in life except to flex weird passive aggressive power plays on the people ostensibly helping them live independently. It’s a repeating theme, the miserable old person desperately finding a way to exert some kind of control by purposefully making something difficult for me in my job. The sad, bitter cloud of desperation and sadness slimes me with a psychological stain, and here I lay, up at night, pecking it into my phone, hoping maybe telling you about it might make it go away long enough to find sleep.

visceral. vivid. thank you for sharing.

sometimes there are no answers. there's only tomorrow and the will to go on.
    Last edited by ntblanks; 07-19-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Ill, your posts make me look at the world differently and I appreciate it. Sorry it’s from your experiences but thank you for writing the words.