Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The boom/bust economy of the US (and world by default) is overdue for a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I do try. They're even less impressed than their mother.
    Tell them their mother must have been impressed at least a few Times! (Or drunk..... )
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m changing my answer to ass roids.
    Ass droids? That DOES sound scary.

The best part of having kids would be getting to make 'I fucked your mom' jokes... But noooo I'm not supposed to talk about that, they said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    A major coronal mass ejection event could be some pretty serious shit.
    Or maybe the medicine this planet needs?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Or maybe the medicine this planet needs?
    The Amish would not care.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    The Amish would not care.
    The slide toward Idiocracy is hitting a steeper slope. Ttiktokers and instafluencers are taking over way too much space in the attention span of humans. A global electricity/internet outage may reverse that slope. The Amish will keep on Amishing like nothing happened.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    The best part of having kids would be getting to make 'I fucked your mom' jokes... But noooo I'm not supposed to talk about that, they said.....
    Father's day is also Mother Fuckers day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Preparation H?
    The key to saving the planet. Better stock up.

The decimation of the Amazon rain forest, plastic pollution, and ocean health. None of that shit keeps me up at night tho

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    #metoo

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    A major coronal mass ejection event could be some pretty serious shit.
    A magnetic polarity reversal could mess up some stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The key to saving the planet. Better stock up.
    Do they have sponsorships? Imagine that logo on your roof box and car or GOTOS.

A GOTOS with a few dozen cases strapped on. Marketing genius!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The embracing of fascism and ignorance. I'm reading Rebel Yell right now and the events that lead up to the Civil War were eerily similar....rumors and untruths, press manipulation and false narratives.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

From the RCT - that the fans of capitalism and the free market are the most blind to market failures, the least informed about market regulations, and the worst advocates capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The slide toward Idiocracy is hitting a steeper slope. Ttiktokers and instafluencers are taking over way too much space in the attention span of humans. A global electricity/internet outage may reverse that slope. The Amish will keep on Amishing like nothing happened.
    Aren't the drug dealing Amish hooked into the global supply chain?

A deluge of large bullfrogs.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Up at night right now:

Every important major strategic decision I’ve made in my life has been wrong, all of my big life plans have been disastrous, and it’s too late to fix any of it, especially all the psychological damage and inability to be optimistic. So life is slowly getting worse and worse, for me individually and internally, but also for the world overall with big climate problems and cultural changes favoring all the wrong ideas and promoting all the wrong people… and there’s really no pathway between my position and a nice existence except, I dunno, like winning the lottery or whatever. Even then it would be a hell of a process trying to fix all my messed up joints, and you can’t un-cte your brain. My options both suck: either keep going through this concurrent deterioration of my self, my aging family, the sick world, my corrupt gentrifying touron shitshow of a town…all of it getting worse and worse, or kill myself. My only choices all suck.

My dog is going to die. We, humans, created all these elaborate agrarian systems to manage pre-industrial living. Dogs for hunting and ratting and rounding up cows…pigs and chickens and all that stuff. And all those posts around a farm house were pretty good living. The dogs and cats kinda roaming around and chickens…all that stuff. Now we have cars, and electricity, and their poor dog and cat and cow pig chicken lives are so hard. People dragging dogs around by a rope because we all live in a big heap full of stupid huge cars hauling ass everywhere making these death corridors everywhere you go. I feel so bad for dogs, we made them to live in a different world… they love chasing critters and just roaming around sniffing everything, and they hardly ever get to really live how they’re supposed to live. Like a whole species of prisoners who never did anything wrong but be born a dog in this dumb modern world that loves stupid soulless machines more than little furry beings who only exist to be our buddies and helpers.

A) There’s no place in the world that’s both naturally hospitable to human habitation and not already controlled by some government. B) Nobody in government is fundamentally like me, because I want to enjoy life and sitting in conference rooms coming up with rules for everyone to follow and figuring out how to take their money and make them obey me is not enjoyable. So A+B= no matter where I go in the world, I’m under the control of some asshole politician who just sees my existence as a source of revenue. The entire world is now locked down by governments consisting of rotten fuckwits, covered by satellites, and there’s no escape…or I guess the only escape is extreme wealth, but nobody told me that when I was still young enough to try and make enough money to escape.

I used to think there was a God, and I had received spiritual guidance on how to live my life. It was so comfortable going through life feeling like I was on the exact path I was supposed to be following. Now it’s impossible to know if that was just me being retarded or if I just stopped being able to receive those kind of clear directions….because I get nothing in the way of direction now except a kind of vague sense that I’m some kind of administrative oversight, that I was supposed to have died already and there’s no plan now.

Most of what keeps me up is knowing that when I fall asleep I will transport in time to the morning, where I will feel terrible and have a whole day of terrible things ahead of me. And I don’t want to go there, so here I am, awake.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Up at night right now:

Every important major strategic decision I’ve made in my life has been wrong, all of my big life plans have been disastrous, and it’s too late to fix any of it, especially all the psychological damage and inability to be optimistic. So life is slowly getting worse and worse, for me individually and internally, but also for the world overall with big climate problems and cultural changes favoring all the wrong ideas and promoting all the wrong people… and there’s really no pathway between my position and a nice existence except, I dunno, like winning the lottery or whatever. Even then it would be a hell of a process trying to fix all my messed up joints, and you can’t un-cte your brain. My options both suck: either keep going through this concurrent deterioration of my self, my aging family, the sick world, my corrupt gentrifying touron shitshow of a town…all of it getting worse and worse, or kill myself. My only choices all suck.

My dog is going to die. We, humans, created all these elaborate agrarian systems to manage pre-industrial living. Dogs for hunting and ratting and rounding up cows…pigs and chickens and all that stuff. And all those posts around a farm house were pretty good living. The dogs and cats kinda roaming around and chickens…all that stuff. Now we have cars, and electricity, and their poor dog and cat and cow pig chicken lives are so hard. People dragging dogs around by a rope because we all live in a big heap full of stupid huge cars hauling ass everywhere making these death corridors everywhere you go. I feel so bad for dogs, we made them to live in a different world… they love chasing critters and just roaming around sniffing everything, and they hardly ever get to really live how they’re supposed to live. Like a whole species of prisoners who never did anything wrong but be born a dog in this dumb modern world that loves stupid soulless machines more than little furry beings who only exist to be our buddies and helpers.

A) There’s no place in the world that’s both naturally hospitable to human habitation and not already controlled by some government. B) Nobody in government is fundamentally like me, because I want to enjoy life and sitting in conference rooms coming up with rules for everyone to follow and figuring out how to take their money and make them obey me is not enjoyable. So A+B= no matter where I go in the world, I’m under the control of some asshole politician who just sees my existence as a source of revenue. The entire world is now locked down by governments consisting of rotten fuckwits, covered by satellites, and there’s no escape…or I guess the only escape is extreme wealth, but nobody told me that when I was still young enough to try and make enough money to escape.

I used to think there was a God, and I had received spiritual guidance on how to live my life. It was so comfortable going through life feeling like I was on the exact path I was supposed to be following. Now it’s impossible to know if that was just me being retarded or if I just stopped being able to receive those kind of clear directions….because I get nothing in the way of direction now except a kind of vague sense that I’m some kind of administrative oversight, that I was supposed to have died already and there’s no plan now.

Most of what keeps me up is knowing that when I fall asleep I will transport in time to the morning, where I will feel terrible and have a whole day of terrible things ahead of me. And I don’t want to go there, so here I am, awake.
    I’m sorry you are suffering. Please reach out to anyone, me even, to talk. Life is difficult right now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Up at night right now:

The wife of my best friend from a long time ago, who has also been a great friend, has gone completely off the rails. She is full bore psychotic. She screams all day long and drove my buddy, who has always been an alcoholic, to drink himself nearly to death. He's just come out of rehab and convalescence and is staying at another house while his 20 year old son is home to buffer the situation. He's in a bad jam. I've been down to see them and she flips out and drives me out of the house, into the rain where my old friend and I talk and shiver. I call a couple of times a week just to shoot the shit.

He blames himself like you do. But that's not right, that's not true. Shit happens, we're not in control and the assholes who try to convince us they are in control are lying. Fortune takes horrendous twists, but good stuff can still happen. There's good days out there and there's a whole hell of a lot of us who believe in you, who respect you and are honored that we have some contact with you, however distant. Like it or not, we need you.

Some people are better adapted to living in the confines of institutions, to playing along, to doing the right things and bouncing the ball when the bell rings. But some of us can't or don't know how and it fucking feels isolating a lot of the time, dealing with the normie dweebs, the snoots and the team players. Who wants to be like that?

Goddammit, there's still room for us, the misfits and we have to fight and acknowledge the other folks on the block who don't fit the schedulers and task domineers or conformers.

So whatever, I'm here for you, I get it, talk to me anytime.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're gifted in the writing department. Get up and discipline yourself to writing down a little bit of this shit every day. Make the mark in the world you owe to yourself and all the other oddfits who need your voice to find their way.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I can't talk about the shit that keeps me up at night.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The dog thing bums me out too.

My in laws used to have a place in the thumb next to ~400 acres of state land… I’d let the dog out in the morning and she would just run around out of sight all day. Killing things. She’d come home covered in some other animals blood. She was so happy. Now it’s just walks on the leash and the occasional squirrel who makes the wrong move in our yard. Bums me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    The dog thing bums me out too.

My in laws used to have a place in the thumb next to ~400 acres of state land… I’d let the dog out in the morning and she would just run around out of sight all day. Killing things. She’d come home covered in some other animals blood. She was so happy. Now it’s just walks on the leash and the occasional squirrel who makes the wrong move in our yard. Bums me out.
    Post. Then smoke crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The boom/bust economy of the US (and world by default) is overdue for a bust.
    This and the yellowstone super volcano.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    the yellowstone super volcano.
    That will be an awesome Lahar!!
    . . .