Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bentonville, AR & Front Range, CO Beta Needed

If it does get wet what does riding look like? Does local IMBA announce trail closures or is there a better avenue for keeping up w/ closures?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We spent xmas in Bentoville this year. Was a good time. They built trail at an unbelievably fast paced so my experience is outdated I'm sure. BUT, we rode a few days and here's what I know:
    -Coler and Slaughter Pen are fun and worth the stop. LOTS of flowy stuff and each place has anything from easy stuff my kids ride to a couple of pucker ups. Generally things are intermediate level, though. One of those systems has a glow in the dark trail that is actually pretty fun to do right at dusk/dark (Leopard loop???). Glow in the dark rocks embedded in the trail, kinda wild.
    -Slaughter Pen is right on the paved trail and has a couple of phases. Just park in one spot and use the paved trail to get around.
    -Coler has some fun drops, gaps and progressions, all of which are built super well and all pretty safe.
    -Everything is lapable at both systems, so you're almost never committed if you don't like something. Lots of climb trails to a start peak with 3-5 options at the peak, and relatively low vert so it's fun to just try them all.
    -Big miles at the back 40 if you're into that.

That's about all I have. We barely scratched the surface of what they have.

Good feedback justcuz. That kinda sounds like what I was planning on doing and exactly what we are looking for. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    If it does get wet what does riding look like? Does local IMBA announce trail closures or is there a better avenue for keeping up w/ closures?
    Generally trails do not close.
    Some of the county open space parks may occasionally close trails; watching Facebook/Twitter for Jeffco Open Space and Boulder County Open Space are really the only places for that. However, this really only happens in the spring when things get really sloppy.
    Some trails handle water better than others. Typically anything in the plains (North Table, etc) is clay and gets muddy. Most everything higher up can pretty much be ridden in the rain.

As much as everyone hates Walmart, they are bringing Bentonville to Aspen:

https://coloradosun.com/2021/07/19/c...DOmYTWStiP2lH4

That spot is a bit different than Bentonville. I am going back up soon to check out the finished product.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Thanks for posting that. I had no idea.

Man, Bentonville is pretty amazing. If you have the chance, definitely worth it. We barely scratched the surface.

So where I ride I can get away with exo casing all the time. Hesitant to admit it but never torn a casing. (Now it will happen next ride). But i have been interested in trying double down for the sidewall support. Nobody around me carries those casings so thought I’d snag some out here. After calling several shops I’m realizing that may not happen. Anybody know a shop in Denver that might have DD in stock or an equivalent casing from another brand (haven’t tried much else but willing to).

Man, Bentonville is pretty amazing. If you have the chance, definitely worth it. We barely scratched the surface.

So where I ride I can get away with exo casing all the time. Hesitant to admit it but never torn a casing. (Now it will happen next ride). But i have been interested in trying double down for the sidewall support. Nobody around me carries those casings so thought I’d snag some out here. After calling several shops I’m realizing that may not happen. Anybody know a shop in Denver that might have DD in stock or an equivalent casing from another brand (haven’t tried much else but willing to).

Full Cycle Boulder is listing Aggressors and DHF's available in 29" DD Casing.

Update: Got a good deal on a place at Winter Park. So we'll probably do Trestle at least one day. Would it be unwise to do some of the "XC" trails and the more mellow DH trails on our bikes there and see if she wants to do rent DH bikes to do other trails? Other stuff near there to look at or worth it to drive a little further to other summit stuff?
    If you go on MTB project, check out the Frasier Trails north of Winter Park. There’s a nice loop up Chainsaw>Broken Spade and then down the flow trail Iko.

Hey, thank y’all for the beta. If not for this forum probably would have just stayed around Denver. Getting in the high country at Trestle was amazing. Mrs. GeorgiaSnow had a great time too. The bikes did great on the greens and blues and one black for me. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. Still more riding to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    And then kick him in the nuts for everything else Walmart does.
    Ha, that’s fair.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That spot is a bit different than Bentonville. I am going back up soon to check out the finished product.

I want to check it out, but I can't justify the drive for 5 miles of trails, esp if they look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoalBasin_HC_04.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	380939

Hopefully they keep building because what I rode in Bentonville was art.