Cabo Recommendations

Tried the search function, got nothing...heading to Cabo area in early Dec (San Jose). Doing some research, doesn’t look like a fantastic time but always worth heading out. All I can really find as far as guides go is Baja Anglers and The Reel Baja...Yellow Dog looks to be associated w/ Baja Anglers. If I have

Would want to head out in a panga or even beach fish vs trolling out in open water all day. If I have to hop in a car to head to Los Barriles for better fishing, not opposed to that.

Anyone have good experience either way?? Guide recommendations or just sit by the pool and drink because the fishing will suck (I doubt that will be the case). Largest rod I have is an 8wt for any sort of DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Tried the search function, got nothing...heading to Cabo area in early Dec (San Jose). Doing some research, doesn’t look like a fantastic time but always worth heading out. All I can really find as far as guides go is Baja Anglers and The Reel Baja...Yellow Dog looks to be associated w/ Baja Anglers. If I have

Would want to head out in a panga or even beach fish vs trolling out in open water all day. If I have to hop in a car to head to Los Barriles for better fishing, not opposed to that.

Anyone have good experience either way?? Guide recommendations or just sit by the pool and drink because the fishing will suck (I doubt that will be the case). Largest rod I have is an 8wt for any sort of DIY.
    Do you speak any Spanish? I had very good luck bill fishing with a panga captain Pancho out of San Jose del Cabo, but he spoke no English so we relied on my decent Spanish to communicate. The captain grew up in San Jose and really knows the water, what fish are biting and where. The charter outfit was Daliken and PM me for details.

The panga fishing out of Cabo San Lucas was more expensive but also good.