Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    AR gets it.

$1.75 for my pocket and interaction with real people.

Me to the sweet looking clerk from Nepal : Poonam, where do you keep your stick?

Poonam: Stick?

Me: Your stick. A nice young woman like you must need a stick to keep away all of the young men that want to be your boyfriend.
    Poonam wishes you’d pay by card.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Poonam to customer after Wooley: "Crazy old man think my name Poonam, it Wendy like on my name tag."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

not long ago, a buddy of mine who sells a lil reefer was smoking some blunts with another old friend from middle school who just got out on parole. now, in this day and age, younger dealers catering to mostly younger clients will prefer payment through cashapp. this is important. parolee asks buddy if he can use his phone to call his grandmother. he steps out of the room and makes the call. he returns a few minutes later and all is well.
    a few hours later, dealer buddy goes to his supplier to pick up a qp. he goes into his cashapp to make the payment and discovers that his account has been cleared out, transferred to the account of the parolee. parolee is in the wind. there is nothing buddy can do to get his cash back.
    swing your fucking sword.

I hope my friends tell me if I turned into a creepy dude in my older age. Wooley, Poonam does not find that endearing. I promise. Her smile is a coping mechanism underpinned by hope that she won't end up in your garden shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I hope my friends tell me if I turned into a creepy dude in my older age. Wooley, Poonam does not find that endearing. I promise. Her smile is a coping mechanism underpinned by hope that she won't end up in your garden shed.
    If Wooley had friends he wouldn't be seeking out gas station bathrooms for conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    not long ago, a buddy of mine who sells a lil reefer was smoking some blunts with another old friend from middle school who just got out on parole. now, in this day and age, younger dealers catering to mostly younger clients will prefer payment through cashapp. this is important. parolee asks buddy if he can use his phone to call his grandmother. he steps out of the room and makes the call. he returns a few minutes later and all is well.
    a few hours later, dealer buddy goes to his supplier to pick up a qp. he goes into his cashapp to make the payment and discovers that his account has been cleared out, transferred to the account of the parolee. parolee is in the wind. there is nothing buddy can do to get his cash back.
    Dealer friends on parole these days.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Church st. Burlington circa 2007, walking around between bars, probably 10-11pm with a good girlfriend of mine, guy comes up, minority, thick accent, he's got a story about how he needs money for feminine products for his wife/girlfriend/daughter (can't remember which). My friend caves and gives him 5-10 bucks. Fast forward 6 months, same guy, same story, same approx. time in the evening. I tell him straight up, that he did this 6 months ago to me and to pound sand, he starts blabbering, caught in his lie, and skedaddles. fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, can't be fooled again or something.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Dealer friends on parole these days.
    Ooooh, when his parole officer finds out...

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Church st. Burlington circa 2007, walking around between bars, probably 10-11pm with a good girlfriend of mine, guy comes up, minority, thick accent, he's got a story about how he needs money for feminine products for his wife/girlfriend/daughter (can't remember which). My friend caves and gives him 5-10 bucks. Fast forward 6 months, same guy, same story, same approx. time in the evening. I tell him straight up, that he did this 6 months ago to me and to pound sand, he starts blabbering, caught in his lie, and skedaddles. fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, can't be fooled again or something.
    I'll wait for mcphee to see if this story checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'll wait for mcphee to see if this story checks out.
    Checks out. In a small city, you'll have that. I've said a couple times that I don't doubt the scams. I've experienced them and had the same person pull the same thing multiple times. People find a hustle that works and they stick with it.

The OP's particular anecdotes are full of holes and not believable.

So we have an expert on scams. Timber is a happy man.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Ok, good enough for me. Thanks for sharing Phall.

Well to be fair, schindler's do have a couple inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Who pays cash for gas in 2021?
    Just came from the gas station. Some Zoomer dropped $10 on the counter in front of me for gas. That's not going to buy much gas at $3.59/gal.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

2.78551532 gallons.

Ooooh, when his parole officer finds out...
    The weed dealer should definitely call the man in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just came from the gas station. Some Zoomer dropped $10 on the counter in front of me for gas. That's not going to buy much gas at $3.59/gal.
    Driving an aging Subaru wagon with a kid and a dog in the car?

Driving an aging Subaru wagon with a kid and a dog in the car?
    nope, she was on crutches and put in in a jerry can. appeared to be headed north.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity's Gone View Post
    nope, she was on crutches and put in in a jerry can. appeared to be headed north.
    To Mexico?

There was a drifter, dropped off at the bus station by police, at quitting time at work the other night.
    The deal is that the greyhound picks up at 2am, and we locals close and leave at like 9, so they have a longass wait on a shitty bench in the vestibule of our building with no bathroom, no food, no nothin!
    It’s just cruel, really. So when my coworker is closing up, dude asks me where is the nearest store…so I’m explaining this long walk to a gas station or grocery store.

Dude asks me for a ride. I’m like…errr…I would but I rode my motorcycle to work. Guy’s like come on man, just gimme a ride on the bike.

So what the hell, I ended up riding this sketchy vagrant to the store and back on my honda, dumb-and-dumber style.

Then I gave him my copy of Greyhound Diary by James Inman.
    Friggin epic day for that wino.

^^^^ wow

Good on ya mate. That there is old school human kindness. We get so jaded from the sociopaths and drug addict panhandlers. I’d give a ride long before I’d hand out money.
    . . .

I had a moment when he was in the store like “please don’t be robbing the store, please don’t be robbing the store, please don’t be robbing the store…” lol

Me to the sweet looking clerk from Nepal : Poonam, where do you keep your stick?

Poonam: Stick?

Me: Your stick. A nice young woman like you must need a stick to keep away all of the young men that want to be your boyfriend.
    Yeah, thats creepy as fuck. Nobody wants strange old men calling them attractive...

We already had an established relationship. This ain't my first rodeo. But I can see how with no context the TGR mindset would go directly to creepy. FYI, women see you differently if you see them as people instead of a conquest.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

We already had an established relationship. This ain't my first rodeo. But I can see how with no context the TGR mindset would go directly to creepy. FYI, women see you differently if you see them as people instead of a conquest.
    How does suggesting a woman needs a stick to fend off men suggest that you don't see them as a conquest?

Women are taught to be polite and appease men. You do not have a relationship with the cashier at the mini mark because she smiles and fakes a laugh at your stupid jokes. She knows if she doesn't laugh you will just repeat it or suggest there's something wrong with her for not enjoying your annoying attention.

Your assessment of women reads like a scene from Mad Men..

Beep boop…[stupid spambot comment]…whirrr click
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 07-15-2021 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Report All Bots!!!