Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Who pays cash for gas in 2021?
    Good point. It is inconvenient. You have to estimate how much gas you'll need, walk to the counter and wait behind a guy buying lottery tickets, a slurpee and some smokes to get the pump activated. Here in NJ we still have attended pumps so it's easier, but this is UT where it's all self serve?

I was on schindlers side, but now I don't know.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

People who want to save a few bucks every time they fill up pay cash. I pay cash. Added bonus is that I get to meet people who are not like me and learn things like the basic rules of Kabaddi.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Don’t the scammers just use GoFundMe now?
    On a recent road trip I saw a van with “Help Us Go To College!” written across the whole back window in very nice script, green and pink with flowers, and a Venmo handle. It was very nicely done, all cute and shit. I wanted to get a picture for the TRG, but it was on the freeway and traffic was heavy.

I had read about that thing somewhere, was it here?

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Wait, there is like some underground homeless syndicate scamming the public. Then what, they pool the daily take, tax free, invest, make millions, recruit more homeless in some massive pyramid scheme............
    And then they don’t pay taxes. Where’s Benny?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Maybe not a scam, but I saw a car the other day with "buy a drink for the bride" on the back windshield, and a Venmo handle all over it. Bachelorette-something-or-other. And it made me realize that I'm completely out of touch with kids these days. Such a thing would never occur to me.
    I see that I should have read the entire thread first.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    People who want to save a few bucks every time they fill up pay cash. I pay cash. Added bonus is that I get to meet people who are not like me and learn things like the basic rules of Kabaddi.
    You don't have stations by you where cash and credit are the same? Where do you meet them, in the men's room?

I knew a guy who would check Gas Buddy for the cheapest price in a 20 mile radius and then drive there to save a total of $0.90 on a fill. I got tired of explaining to him how that was inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    And then they don’t pay taxes. Where’s Benny?
    Stalking Richard Branson.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You don't have stations by you where cash and credit are the same?
    In California it seems like almost all the gas stations have separate prices for cash vs. credit cards.

She probably figured if he gave her cash he'd give her a couple bucks but gas, he'd swipe his credit card and fill her tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    My buddies dad bought eight of em. Was convinced he got a mega deal, proudly stored them in their packaging in the basement waiting to one day flip them.
    On some scammer forum somewhere, this guy is bragging about the one time he sold 8 speakers to one guy, and someone else there is calling him a liar.

Who pays cash for gas? Whenever I go to a gas station and need something in the store other than gas, I am likely to pay cash for the items and gas. Yesterday, I needed a bag of ice, a quart of oil and gas. I had a hund0 on me. I paid $13 for oil and ice and told her to place the rest on pump 4. I needed ~$72 of the $87 to fill up. I gave the girl ~$9 worth of gas and walked inside to get my change. This is a pretty frequent occurrence for me.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

up here cash or credit is the same price for gas in fact its the same price for everything, I can buy a head of lettuce from a hippie at the farmers market with a square reader on their I-phone

Visa or debt card has been pretty seamless in the Canadian baking system I've paid attention to credit cards over the years cuz part the HW gig would be how well the systems worked

used to pay cash a lot but with COVID I started using the card, and I kinda like it

used to get alot of cash form fishermen rafters ect
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    told her to place the rest on pump 4.
    All gas stations have video. Any chance you can get them to send the video of your interaction with this woman at pump #4 and you could post it here?

It might settle this even though I suspect Mcphee is pretty dug in.

Maybe. I have nothing better to do
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Do the arithmetic. Saving $0.06/gal and you put 14gallons in your Subaru. That's $0.84 fucking cents, minus the extra miles you drive to get to Apu's Kwik-E-Mart. Won't even buy a Slim Jim to go with your vodka and pantyhose.
    Meanwhile, you could have gone to a Chevron on your way and got gas with an additive package that pays for itself with better detergents and better fuel mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Do the arithmetic. Saving $0.06/gal and you put 14gallons in your Subaru. That's $0.84 fucking cents, minus the extra miles you drive to get to Apu's Kwik-E-Mart. Won't even buy a Slim Jim to go with your vodka and pantyhose.
    Meanwhile, you could have gone to a Chevron on your way and got gas with an additive package that pays for itself with better detergents and better fuel mileage.
    Sure, but he's also meeting people in the men's room. Does the Chevron have a bathroom?

All gas stations have video. Any chance you can get them to send the video of your interaction with this woman at pump #4 and you could post it here?

It might settle this even though I suspect Mcphee is pretty dug in.
    First he said he gave her 6 bucks in gas and now it's 9 bucks in gas. Also, mf'er said she backed up close to him so he could put the gas in her car and now he's saying he told the attendant to put 9 bucks for her on pump 4. Dude's a liar and a thief for wasting all of our time with 2 bullshit ass stories.

and yea, i'm dying on this hill.

Sure, but he's also meeting people in the men's room. Does the Chevron have a bathroom?
    I guarantee he is meeting more interesting people in the Quikie Mart bathroom than the Chevron. Chevron is more upscale and I doubt people make eye contact there.....detergent additives and all you know.

I think this is one where I'm gonna need to see the video before taking sides.

But devils advocate. What does schindler have to gain from telling us two made up stories?

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I guarantee he is meeting more interesting people in the Quikie Mart bathroom than the Chevron. Chevron is more upscale and I doubt people make eye contact there.....detergent additives and all you know.
    We don't have Chevrons here on EC, but the independent brands like Sheetz (down south) the Cumberland Farms (up north) and Kwik Check (here in NJ) have nicer bathrooms than the branded ones like Mobil, Sunoco.

I'm starting to suspect mcphee isn't noted author John Mcphee after all.

Smile

But devils advocate. What does schindler have to gain from telling us two made up stories?
    attention and affirmation that beggars are just the result of personal moral failings and it's good to not care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'm starting to suspect mcphee isn't noted author John Mcphee after all.
    lol

We have experts on gas station bathrooms, Anasazi culture AND expiration dates?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    attention and affirmation that beggars are just the result of personal moral failings and it's good to not care about them.
    He's a sick individual then.

It may be a cry for help. Anybody know schindler personally and can check on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    We have experts on gas station bathrooms, Anasazi culture AND expiration dates?
    But yet we can't seem identify birds or Upstate boundaries.

I love kwikmart employees. Almost every single one of them is completely comfortable with their lot in life. (Philosophically I find this to be incredibly fascinating) Generally happy people (at least outside of cities), don't give a shit about keeping up with the Joneses because the whole town knows where they work. Almost always the best source of dirty off color jokes. Every one of them could just be sitting on their ass collecting checks but instead they put in the modicum of effort to just be out there doing something.

Maybe its just because I smoked for 10 years and my daily routine was interacting with them at least once a day but I think they are generally good people. And like with everything, the Simpsons captures them well with Apu being the most stand up ethical character on the whole show.
    Live Free or Die

o.
    Obviously he's talescamming us to get likes on instagram which result in 5 bucks of income.

Edit:
    OR mcphee is still pissed that he lost his crutches when he ran into the crowd back in the 90s.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

AR gets it.

$1.75 for my pocket and interaction with real people.

Me to the sweet looking clerk from Nepal : Poonam, where do you keep your stick?

Poonam: Stick?

Me: Your stick. A nice young woman like you must need a stick to keep away all of the young men that want to be your boyfriend.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Me to the sweet looking clerk from Nepal : Poonam, where do you keep your stick?

Poonam: Stick?

Me: Your stick. A nice young woman like you must need a stick to keep away all of the young men that want to be your boyfriend.
    No offense Woolley, but Lord, let me never become that kind of old man.