Thread: Sacramento Recs

Sacramento Recs

heading to Sacramento this weekend for a wedding.

Any good restaurants/brewpubs to grab a meal?

Favorite places to run? I think we're staying on the river downtown so will likely hit up the American River Bike path if people have a favorite section to run or other places to get a workout in.

Breweries?

We'll also have our 1-year-old in tow if anyone has fun recommendations of things to do with kids.

Let me know and thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    heading to Sacramento this weekend for a wedding.

Any good restaurants/brewpubs to grab a meal?

Favorite places to run? I think we're staying on the river downtown so will likely hit up the American River Bike path if people have a favorite section to run or other places to get a workout in.

Breweries?

We'll also have our 1-year-old in tow if anyone has fun recommendations of things to do with kids.

Let me know and thanks in advance
    The zoo and fairyland (or whatever it's called) are good for kids. The park by the zoo might be a good running option as well as the river trail could be really hot unless you go late/early.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Gonna be hot and probably muggy.

Get out early to run, it'll heat up around 10-11. The river trail is good but I wouldn't start downtown. Lots of homeless and sketchy. Start East of Watt Ave and run east. Ill be doing 10 miles Sunday around 8-9am along the river mostly dirt single track, Its pretty sweet, 8:30-9:00 pace if you want to join me.

There's lots of good spots downtown for beer and food. R street is a pretty good start, (10th and R to 15th and R) you can walk to lots of spots. Device is one of my favs but there are tons of options. Sac is a beer town.

PM me if you want to know anything specific. Have fun!
    Hello darkness my old friend

Stay in the hotel. Order pizza. Get the fuck out as fast as you can
    Not kidding
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Get out early to run, it'll heat up around 10-11. The river trail is good but I wouldn't start downtown. Lots of homeless and sketchy. Start East of Watt Ave and run east. Ill be doing 10 miles Sunday around 8-9am along the river mostly dirt single track, Its pretty sweet, 8:30-9:00 pace if you want to join me.
    I'll let you know if I can make that happen and thanks for the heads up on the river trail

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post

There's lots of good spots downtown for beer and food. R street is a pretty good start, (10th and R to 15th and R) you can walk to lots of spots. Device is one of my favs but there are tons of options. Sac is a beer town.

PM me if you want to know anything specific. Have fun!
    Agree about the American River trail--avoid the section west of Sac State. The tourist fallback is the train museum. Of course a 1 year old won't care about trains or anything else. Wandering around Capitol Park if it's not too hot is nice; the Capitol Building is currently closed on weekends and requires masks (the Republicans keep getting sick). Old Sacramento is worth a stroll. Run the streets through downtown and midtown to east sacramento, run around McKinley Park. Have a bahn mi sandwich at Juno's (J st near 38th St). Run back.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Not kidding
    Says the guy who lives in Verdi.

Taqueira Rincon Alteno is pretty good. Also, when my daughter was 1, we made a stop at Bass Pro Shops and she loved looking at the fish. Weekday, it's not too crowded. Just park the stroller in front of the fish tank in the back.

Auburn's a short drive. Lottsa trail for running if you're into dirt. Beer and nom, nom, nom at Auburn Ale house afterwards.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

^^Also, that area on the other side of 80 from Auburn where the 3 rivers meet. Pretty decent little spot to explore/swim/picnic.

Everytime i go to sactown, i go to a different thai restaurant. Never been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Taqueira Rincon Alteno is pretty good. Also, when my daughter was 1, we made a stop at Bass Pro Shops and she loved looking at the fish. Weekday, it's not too crowded. Just park the stroller in front of the fish tank in the back.
    We used to get dim sum in West Sac at King's--closed some years ago. The had tanks with live fish and lobsters. When the kids were full we'd let them watch the fish while we finished. They never seemed to get bored of it. Wong's Garden in Truckee has a big fish tank down the center of the room for ornamental fish. The fish have been dwindling for years. Last time we were there for pandemic takeout I think they were down to one tiny lonely fish.

There are some good dim sum places in Sac. More all the time. We've been going to Hong Kong Islander since King's closed. If just the two of us are in Sac--rarely these days--we like the takeout place on Broadway. Amazingly cheap. Dim Sum House.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Not kidding
    Maybe 15 years ago I would sorta agree. I've been here for about 7 years and I think the town has really had a resurgence. Lots of good restaurants, breweries and music. The people are down to earth and really cool.

If you want to see a shithole go to SF. Times they are a changin~
    Hello darkness my old friend