Any Leads on 11 speed cassettes and chains??

I'm looking around for SLX 11-speed 11x46 and accompanying chain. Wow, slim pickings... Anyone have anything they want to sell or can give me a lead where I could find them? I found a Deore XT cassette at REI but they don't have any 11-speed chains that I could see. Didn't really want to spend the money on the cassette and not have a chain to go with it so, I'm going to get desperate pretty soon if I don't replace some worn parts. Thanks for any help.

Almost all of the chains on Amazon will be counterfeits. Dont get that desperate and go that route.

Get the cassette.

Then just call a couple local shops, we had quite a few 11s sram chains last i checked and those will work fine.

Took all of 30 seconds to find:

https://www.backcountry.com/shimano-...m8000-cassette

11 speed stuff is easy to find. It's 12 speed that have supply issues imo

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

And a kmc chain. Go with the gold one, it's faster

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Powderpow nailed it. Ebay is good for shimano stuff too

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I've had good luck on universal cycles lately

Quote Originally Posted by powderpow View Post
    Took all of 30 seconds to find:

https://www.backcountry.com/shimano-...m8000-cassette

11 speed stuff is easy to find. It's 12 speed that have supply issues imo

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Yeah, found that along with the one at REI. Chains were the bigger problem. I'll see what I can get locally.

11-Speed Chain Rings

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Yeah, found that along with the one at REI. Chains were the bigger problem. I'll see what I can get locally.
    Just went through an extended search for a Scram 11-speed chain ring for a Stumpjumper. Found a couple steel ones and finally scored what might be one of the last alloy ones in the Country with the proper offset. Things are getting tight in the parts market.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've had good luck on universal cycles lately
    Yup, they’ve been on top of things during these supply chain challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Almost all of the chains on Amazon will be counterfeits. Dont get that desperate and go that route.
    Ebay too. On a lark I bought an obviously fake Dura Ace chain for like $28. It came in a very genuine looking box, but didn't have hollow pins and was super loud when installed. I returned it, indicating that it was fake, and was immediately issued a refund.

I replaced it with an XX1 chain from Universal that is nearly as loud. I might go to 12 speed chains for the road bikes, as people seem to be happy with them and the noise is annoying. DA Di2 should not sound like poorly tuned SRAM NX.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Ebay too. On a lark I bought an obviously fake Dura Ace chain for like $28. It came in a very genuine looking box, but didn't have hollow pins and was super loud when installed. I returned it, indicating that it was fake, and was immediately issued a refund.

I replaced it with an XX1 chain from Universal that is nearly as loud. I might go to 12 speed chains for the road bikes, as people seem to be happy with them and the noise is annoying. DA Di2 should not sound like poorly tuned SRAM NX.
    I thought I was uptight about creaks!! I've never bought counterfeit chains, but I've never noticed a difference in noise!

PSA. Just picked up a 12 speed NX chain from Backcountry. $28. Seemed like it was in stock so I’m optimistic it will arrive in a few days.

Recently I bought both 11 and 12 speed KMC chains (or so I thought) off Ebay. They sounded like pepper grinders when mounted up. Both went in the garbage. Live and learn.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    Recently I bought both 11 and 12 speed KMC chains (or so I thought) off Ebay. They sounded like pepper grinders when mounted up. Both went in the garbage. Live and learn.
    They were most likely counterfeits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    They were most likely counterfeits.
    Hear that DH. KMC is my usual brand for chains because the are inexpensive, easy and just work. This batch looked great but worked for shit.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I'm looking around for SLX 11-speed 11x46 and accompanying chain. Wow, slim pickings... Anyone have anything they want to sell or can give me a lead where I could find them? I found a Deore XT cassette at REI but they don't have any 11-speed chains that I could see. Didn't really want to spend the money on the cassette and not have a chain to go with it so, I'm going to get desperate pretty soon if I don't replace some worn parts. Thanks for any help.
    Are you currently down? I can send you take used take offs I keep in case of a break?

Sun and Ski Sports looks to have some 11-speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Are you currently down? I can send you take used take offs I keep in case of a break?
    No, I'm good. Hooked up by my LBS who got me covered. Thanks!