Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I couldn't give 2 fucts

I have better things to do than be a bitter old man yelling at clouds

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I seen him on TV being Sir Branson i forget in what context but he wasn't all trump like
    I spent quite a bit of time with him during the dirty tricks case against British Airways he was passionate about his company's survival, pleasant to work with and paid his lawyers on time.

I'm not sure how much this is just a marketing tool for Virgin, to a degree it is sure.

But Branson has a long history of doing stuff like around the world balloon trips and Atlantic crossing records and he's nearly come a cropper attempting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    See, I’m admittedly ignorant…don’t know the history.

It’s summer, you smart fucks, learn me some richguy history!
    My mind is all spongy and absorbent today…bring it on!
    https://youtu.be/UeFni9dOv7c

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Pumping up your brand to bolster stock price with an intent to sell in order to avoid bankruptcy?
    #nailedit

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I spent quite a bit of time with him during the dirty tricks case against British Airways he was passionate about his company's survival, pleasant to work with and paid his lawyers on time.

I'm not sure how much this is just a marketing tool for Virgin, to a degree it is sure.

But Branson has a long history of doing stuff like around the world balloon trips and Atlantic crossing records and he's nearly come a cropper attempting them.
    the anti-Trump ?

I guess i still can't figure out what Benny is bloviating about ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

the anti-Trump ?
    I don't think there is any valid comparison between the two.

Plus he built his wealth and didn't just inherit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I remember reading about him waiting out a hurricane on his island with the staff. Seems as far as billionaire bosses go, you could do a lot worse.

Speaking of, what’s the status of that petition to keep Jeff Bezos from returning?

Was he showing the harmonious interlock between human powered simplicity and the gas guzzling luxury SUV with his bike ride entrance to the occasion? I didn't get that or his fans only see him on the bike and say, "he rode a fucking bike dude: the guy is awesome!" and don't even see the Range Rovers?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	branson.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	379306  

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Gotcha.
    I guess I meant more like the fact that it’s a super wealthy private individual doing it.

If Warren Buffet tested some little nuclear bomb, my point about it wouldn’tbe “hey, that’s nothing…we had bigger bombs in the 50s”…it would be that we’ve crossed some kind of rubicon where the wealthy operate completely outside any normal bounds of regulation, society. morality…whatever. Above a certain net worth it’s a total free for all, which is something we should be eliminating, not celebrating.
    I’m right there with you. Too many rich people consider themselves self made. No one would be anywhere without help from others, no one. It’s getting close to people not tolerating it anymore. These people aren’t special, they got extremely lucky and were in the right place at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Total transportation related infrastructure costs are ~$275B a year when you combine state and local spending. Compare that to a total spending of ~$7.5T by Federal and State governments combined.

Thats ~3.5%.

~$440B a year if you include water infrastructure.
    You want the defense budget to be $0? We should just disband al public services? Conservatives, the new anarchists.

Instead it is much better for all of us if they buy more private planes and yachts than pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m right there with you. Too many rich people consider themselves self made. No one would be anywhere without help from others, no one. It’s getting close to people not tolerating it anymore. These people aren’t special, they got extremely lucky and were in the right place at the right time.

I wouldn’t go that far. They are very special in some way. Few just got lucky. Think you could successfully start and run Facebook if you time traveled to 2002? Amazon? Microsoft? But that doesn’t mean their value is 10,000 times what the average person makes. It is a glitch in capitalism, and should be seen as a bug, not a feature.

the anti-Trump ?

I guess i still can't figure out what Benny is bloviating about ?

Benny doesn't think ppl ought to be enjoying the fruits of their labors when there are kids starving. Starving! Kids!! WTF is wrong with you?!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Where's the "like" tab for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I remember reading about him waiting out a hurricane on his island with the staff. Seems as far as billionaire bosses go, you could do a lot worse.

Speaking of, what’s the status of that petition to keep Jeff Bezos from returning?

I’ve hung out on Necker Island a couple times. He was never there, but the staff raved about him. I’ll see myself out.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Instead it is much better for all of us if they buy more private planes and yachts than pay taxes.
    OK Ronald Reagan. I thought we were beyond thinking trickle down economics was viable fiscal policy. The ultra rich care about one thing: getting more rich.

Probably the scene in several insurance offices this morning:

Live Free or Die

as a member of the 1%, I, for one, welcome our gregarious, space exploring, hated-by-the-rich-for-being-richer .001% overlords

The whole reason Dick did this was to do some blow off his hot ass copilots and float around in space for a minute.

And the world eats it up. That’s how you win

I like calling him dick. It fits.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You want the defense budget to be $0? We should just disband al public services? Conservatives, the new anarchists.

I didn't state an opinion....just did the thread a favor and looked up the numbers in question.

Beware of politicians who "invest".

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    …totally detached from how society actually works.
    Isn’t that the point of ‘fuck you’ money?

Private school education? Jeep driver (you like dirt roads)? You think airports are built by airlines? Protected by your own private security force?
    Yes, yes I do. How is it even debatable? Please go about you life without using roads, public airports, or any other public transit systems and get back to us.
    or fire department, police, hospital, turning on the faucet, taking out the garbage, enjoying a nice park

I can't get multi quote to work so combined the usual answers in one bolded blob.
    All of those things mentioned are valid uses of tax dollars collected, I'd happily pay them.
    Now look at the actual crap the government (in the US or here in Canada) spends money on and tell me you're happy with that? The post with the infrastructure spending should be an eye opener. Someone mentioned the defense spending again valid use for funds but do you think the money spent in Afghanistan in the last 20 years was worth it especially to basically hand it all back to the Taliban at this point?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

SPCE taking another dump today. That promo Branson stunt was a big flop. Again Dick. You okay with me calling you Dick? Dick. Or would you prefer, Sir Dick? Anyhoo, you need to offer up those flights from NM to London or Sydney with a FC ticket back home on your stellar Virgin Airlines to really get things going. Oh, and Dick, one more thing. Accept BTC for the flights, but only after you have bought a few billion worth yourself.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch