Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dog question

Dog question

My dog is 6 months old and still pees like a girl dog. He has no interest in lifting his leg. Is this normal?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    My dog is 6 months old and still pees like a girl dog. He has no interest in lifting his leg. Is this normal?
    Feed him some cattle crisps, he'll be lifting his leg in no time. Might even cause him to grow grey hair on his chest. Worked for me.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I've seen plenty of male dogs not lift a leg until well after 1 year old. My male didn't start lifting his leg until around 10 months, but he also didn't really pee like a female as he was more upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I've seen plenty of male dogs not lift a leg until well after 1 year old. My male didn't start lifting his leg until around 10 months, but he also didn't really pee like a female as he was more upright.
    Good to know. My dog gets low to the ground, which I guess is good because he's not peeing on himself.

My Border Collie has peed like a female dog off an on for the majority of his life.

I think he's just lazy.

It is nice though as he isn't constantly marking his territory every time we are out. He pisses and gets on with it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Take him to the dog park and roll him up to the other males having a pissing contest on a tree. He will pick it up if it really matters to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My black lab pees like a girl, and sometimes pees on his own foot. We got him fixed at around 10 months, and supposedly -- and much to our dismay -- if you get em fixed before they lift their leg, they never will lift their leg. We've resigned our pup to a lifetime of gender confusion!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Our last dog peed on every rock and pole he could find. And my SIL's bearded collie used to pee on our dog.
    I'm ok with this new technique as it's less likely he pees on himself on a windy day.

My dog gets low to the ground
    Mine is 16 months old and doesn't lift. The more tired he is the lower gets. Sometimes out on the trail he'll lift a leg but never at home. He lived with a female dog from 8 weeks until we adopted him at 1 so I think he was just following her lead.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My Border Collie has peed like a female dog off an on for the majority of his life.

I think he's just lazy.

It is nice though as he isn't constantly marking his territory every time we are out. He pisses and gets on with it.
    Funny thing….

My female border collie lifts her leg on walks. Pees on something every 5 seconds…. Lifting her leg…. She’s such a weirdo. In the yard she pees like a girl… but on walks she marks everywhere.

My 2.5 year shepherd/lab/doberman/whatever barely lifts his leg. Didn't for the first 1.5 years; probably following the lead of our older female. We just think he's lazy.

As long as he's not pissing on himself, who cares?
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sheldon peed like a girl
    till his nuts got chopped
    bout 16 months
    now his lifts the leg and marks all he can
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Occasionally, my 14 week old Chessie bitch lifts her leg
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Lexa has lifted her leg to mark territory since she was 9mo. She is a very dominant bitch.

There was a farm mutt or two that wouldn't lift their leg, or took a long time to become interested in marking. They all tended to be submissive males. Sorry,

Timber, have you considered bringing the dog around an unused sink?
    I still call it The Jake.

Should I get him drunk first?

I wouldn’t complain. Next thing you know he’ll be lifting his leg marking the house! Once hormones kick in he’ll mark other dogs pee. Fixing them usually fixes the leg lifting problem where it’s not welcome.

I had a female border collie once who lifted her leg to pee. Finally figured it out when I heard a wolf biologist talk about how Alpha females will do that as a sign of dominance.

Of course…..In this day and age you just assume because they were born male they need to pee like a boy. They are obviously gender neutral, how dare you shame them SIR!

Did you even bother to ask them their preferred pronouns? Yea, didn’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Trade the dog in for a real dog

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

My toy poodle lifts leg when he wants to mark something. It's pretty funny to watch such a little dog mark every god damned thing. How does he hold that much piss?!?! However, at home when he just has to piss, he's lazy and squats.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Trade the dog in for a real dog
    Like a Rottweiler?

Dog question

Your dog takes after it’s owner.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I was accused of being a racist here when our previous dog showed a strong dislike for our black USPS mailman. Some sort of "dog reacts to your human biases" take.

The new dog does not seem to have the same issues and is very friendly with him so maybe I've overcome some of my previous racist issues? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Funny thing….

My female border collie lifts her leg on walks. Pees on something every 5 seconds…. Lifting her leg…. She’s such a weirdo. In the yard she pees like a girl… but on walks she marks everywhere.
    My cattle dog mix is the same. She is a fixed female, but will lift her leg to pee on things other dogs have peed on.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So your saying he sits down to pee?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums