"underwater" housings?

Going on a multi-day kayaking trip and trying to figure out what to bring for camera. Normally if I'm just around here I throw my phone in a small phone dry bag and shoot through that and call it a day, but this will be a much bigger trip and would love to take some actually decent photos.

Full underwater housing is out of my price range, and overkill. I don't _plan_ to get it wet, but there's a chance I tip my boat and everything gets soaked, so trying to figure out the best way to manage that scenario.

Seen bags like ewa-marine and outex which seems to fit the bill. Anyone have experience with these? Any other suggestions?

Probably bringing a canon M50.

Do you need a housing or just a dry bag to keep it in?

Definitely something I can shoot through. So more than just a dry bag.

I don’t have direct experience with any, but I do think you can rent them, so that could be an option for a trip like that.

Sealite SportDiver for iPhone
    Ikelight for camera
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Trying to avoid hardshell enclosure. Also don't _plan_ for the camera to go underwater (it's only going to happen in the event I drop it, or flip my boat).

Ended up going with Outex, will report back if anyone gives a shit.

Yeah, I’d be interested to hear how it goes for sure

Part 1:

Heading out on the water later today, so will actually have some shots.

So far... it keeps my camera dry in water? So that's a general success.

It's a giant condom for the camera. Honestly makes a ton of sense, not a lot of places for it to fail, and fits a ton of different cameras. I got the cheapest one (no rear viewfinder glass). I just shoot with the LCD on, and the case is see through _enough_ to frame the shot. I use spot metering on my camera to get the light right along with the histogram, so it's definitely good enough.

It's not super easy to turn a zoom lens. I'm also using a very small camera (M50) in a case that looks like could probably fit my 6D. Easy enough to push buttons, and can use the wheel good enough to change aperture/exposure.

All in all, for the price, it seems like a great solution. Is it as good as a hard case? Absolutely not, but it's WAY cheaper and way less bulk. If you were strictly shooting underwater, the rear glass would probably be necessary, and if you were getting deeper, hard case would probably be needed, but given I'm mostly on water (assuming I don't fall in), this case has been good.

Front optics don't feel SUPER quality, but test photos have been acceptable, will judge more later when I get some actual photos out of this.

Optics are good enough, getting water droplets off the front of the lens is a bigger concern.

The front attachment shows up on the corners, barely visible after using lens correction, but is a thing with an 11mm lens on a crop body (canon m50 - 1.6x)

Shooting through the case is annoying but usable. LCD is bright enough, but it's obviously not super clear. The rear viewport would be nice, but again, it works good enough for me to be able to frame my shot.

Photo from last night messing around in the harbour.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2694.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	478.4 KB 
ID:	378974

Yeah, that looks nice!

You can try the thing you do with diving masks and rub a little spit on the outside of the lense. Works on GoPros to keep droplets off.