Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    The “executive committee “ for the mini-summit (i.e. dibbs & me) is currently re-evaluating our plans for the Big Hole zone. Hoot owl, stressed fish, dispersed camping in high fire zone, are all considerations. We may just cancel this portion of the event, depends.

The party in Big Sky on Tuesday night the 20th is definitely on. It’s more than just fishing maggots, there will be plenty of skiing maggots plus non-maggots too.

And the Luau in Cody, which is run by non-maggot Drake kooks, is definitely on.

If anyone has suggestions for a replacement to the Big Hole, post them up here, or PM to keep it off the net.
    Wish I could be in Big Sky Tuesday the 20th, but I'm in Great Falls all of July taking classes during the week. Happy trails to you, Harry, and I wish you the best with your health. Hopefully we'll run into each other back in the Midwest some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    The “executive committee “ for the mini-summit (i.e. dibbs & me) is currently re-evaluating our plans for the Big Hole zone. Hoot owl, stressed fish, dispersed camping in high fire zone, are all considerations. We may just cancel this portion of the event, depends.

The party in Big Sky on Tuesday night the 20th is definitely on. It’s more than just fishing maggots, there will be plenty of skiing maggots plus non-maggots too.

And the Luau in Cody, which is run by non-maggot Drake kooks, is definitely on.

If anyone has suggestions for a replacement to the Big Hole, post them up here, or PM to keep it off the net.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    The Henrys Fork and the South Fork are both pretty close to you and close to a whole lot of fish type maggots, just sayin...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    The Henrys Fork and the South Fork are both pretty close to you and close to a whole lot of fish type maggots, just sayin...
    He's right ya know...

I concur.

This is the input we need. You are hereby appointed to the Executive Committee. Get your boat ready.

I booked a tent campsite at that private campground near Telee’s house. Saturday & Sunday nights the 17th & 18th of July. Warning : place is not medicinal herb friendly.

I will be driving down from Bozeman saturday morning. Probably won’t get there till afternoon. Late afternoon/evening on the South Fork and full day sunday sound good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    He's right ya know...

I concur.
    Djongo on the oars, Telee & I fishing. I like this arrangement.

Bring swerty and koko. I want some time in swerty’s boat too.

Lifelink: can you make this ?

What about Tye1on: is he still around ?

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^^^^^
    You better call em and ask for an afternoon shady site.
    Ill probably moto down and back. Raced past that place last week.

Wasn't HTFB and his son with us last time?

Hey Schwerty and Kokomas. Get with us.

I only row on 'friendly' boats...

Raced past that place last week.

Wasn't HTFB and his son with us last time?
    Yeah, and that kid out-fished all of us put together. That kid was a fishing machine.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hmm. Might be a game time decision for me, it's a bit of a haul but I've still never been down there(had to pass on a trip there last weekend with a buddy who did 4 days floating/camping).

What does idaho require for out of state boats? I assume some inspection/invasive sticker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

2021 Fishing Mini-Summit (MT/WY)

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    What does idaho require for out of state boats? I assume some inspection/invasive sticker?
    This link says $7 and you self-certify no invasive species. Required to stop at open inspection stations.

https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov.../boating/faqs/

I paid for up to 4 adults, so you are welcome to camp at my site.

Thanks Harry I was being lazy to look it up. Now that I cross the divide regularly with boat I'm very familiar with the boat checks.

Is anyone thinking a Henry's fork float fri or sat? Have only waded not floated Henry's and like I said havent done S fork. Cause ya know certain idahoans aren't big fans of us MT boys ducking south...(they can stay away from upper mad then if they wanna talk shit)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Friday the 16th I will be in North Dakota headed for Bozeman. My fish/camp gear is in a mini storage in Bozo that I can’t access until 8am Saturday. Thus my ID arrival won’t be until afternoon Saturday (the 17th). I will go to the campground and get setup. Hopefully someone wants to do a short late afternoon/evening float on the South Fork. On sunday I am open to anything, full day on south fork, or head up to Henry Fork. Never fished it, so that might be fun. I will let the boat owners make that decision. Camp again Sunday night in ID, then up to Big Sky for Mon & Tues nights. Sofa/floor space available.

PM for ID campground info or Big Sky info.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not trying to ignore ya Harry. I was waiting to see what my wife's schedule is then.

She got a bunch of time off and wants to take the camper out for a few days. Think we are going to head east.

If anyone has a spot let me know, this is right in my neighborhood but don’t have a boat. Do have a paddle board, if y’all think that would be doable on whatever stretch you’re floating I could go that route too.

I am going to be a game time decision, I have a bridge project in SW Montana that was supposed to happen this weekend but a forest fire has pushed it back to that weekend! I will hopefully be able to at least get out for an evening float on Saturday. Harry, you are welcome to my raft for the weekend (I will most likely drag the drifter to Montana with me).
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    its all doable on a a sup
    its the remaining standing part that can be tough
    well that and the back paddle like ass part
    my attendance at this point is dependent on the health and well being of my old man and gittin him situated
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

If that weekend caves in Harry, I'm sure ole Benny would be happy to have you stay up here for a few.
    Options are good.
    More friendly than the campsite too...

If that weekend caves in Harry, I'm sure ole Benny would be happy to have you stay up here for a few.
    Options are good.
    More friendly than the campsite too...
    You know, I might do that.

This seems like it may be a good place to ask since there is some South Fork knowledge in here. My wife would like to SUP the South Fork of the Snake, below the Palisades, probably getting out around Falls Creek/Connant. So questions are: is SUP ok or is it frowned upon by the people fishing? And what would be the best place to put in for a 2-3 hour-ish float? Irwin? Would need room to leave a car for shuttle. Gracias in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    This seems like it may be a good place to ask since there is some South Fork knowledge in here. My wife would like to SUP the South Fork of the Snake, below the Palisades, probably getting out around Falls Creek/Connant. So questions are: is SUP ok or is it frowned upon by the people fishing? And what would be the best place to put in for a 2-3 hour-ish float? Irwin? Would need room to leave a car for shuttle. Gracias in advance.
    Its a good river to SUP on, there are plenty of people on them. Not a big deal to the fisherman, way less annoying than the jet boats who blast up and down the river/ From Palisades Creek to the Spring Creek ramp (the bridge) is probably a 3 hour float. Flows are high right now so the river zips right along. Depending on when you are going to put in I may be available to shuttle you ( I live right across the highway from the Palisades Creek ramp).

Its a good river to SUP on, there are plenty of people on them. Not a big deal to the fisherman, way less annoying than the jet boats who blast up and down the river/ From Palisades Creek to the Spring Creek ramp (the bridge) is probably a 3 hour float. Flows are high right now so the river zips right along. Depending on when you are going to put in I may be available to shuttle you ( I live right across the highway from the Palisades Creek ramp).
    Awesome, thanks for the info! We were thinking of doing it tomorrow, probably noon-ish once it warms up for the day. We do have two cars here since we drove up separately, but I wouldn't turn down a shuttle if you were around.

Awesome, thanks for the info! We were thinking of doing it tomorrow, probably noon-ish once it warms up for the day. We do have two cars here since we drove up separately, but I wouldn't turn down a shuttle if you were around.
    I should be around. I will PM you my cell and you can give me a shout.

Great day on the South Fork thanks to Telee.
    Seano, Djongo, and I drove over from Jackson.

Telee’s drift boat = Telee & Mrs. Telee

Telee’s sweet raft = us 3 knuckleheads

No fish pics because our boat got skunked. Telee claims “we did pretty good...” We will see if he posts any pics.

Big Bugs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1626659371.960925.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	379829

Beautiful river.

Name:	Image1626659422.761014.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	379830

Name:	Image1626659451.594144.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	379831

Boat Ramp

Name:	Image1626659513.299356.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	379832

Awesome getting out on the water with you guys. We should have mixed it up a little and got Sean a retirement fish. And since you asked.

Name:	IMG_3918.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	379841

Name:	IMG_3919.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	379839

Name:	IMG_3920.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	379840

Looks like a good day. I need to get down there for that salmon fly hatch.

Looks like I should've stuck around another day for the group float.

Thanks again to Telee for the shuttle on Saturday!

Looks like I should've stuck around another day for the group float.

Thanks again to Telee for the shuttle on Saturday!
    Yes you should have! IT was pretty spur of the moment, Harry messaged me Saturday evening and by Sunday afternoon we were on it! Come back anytime, and if we are around then the shuttle is easy.