Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2021 UEFA Cup

2021 UEFA Cup

Wow! What a great tournament. Benzema and France has finally turned up. Italy and Germany look vulnerable, but we will see what they really have to offer when they take the pitch against England. Spain is always strong
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The matches today have been excellent. Hoping Switzerland gets it done in these last 15 because I don't like their chances if it goes to PKs

Holy shit. That was a hell of a match. Mbappé hasn't looked good recently but never foresaw that particular scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Jeb McHardman View Post
    Holy shit. That was a hell of a match. Mbappé hasn't looked good recently but never foresaw that particular scenario
    Hop Suisse!!!!!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Switzerland done amazing to pick themselves up after the penalty miss and then going behind so quickly.

This tournament is looking wide open at the moment, especially with Belgium's injuries. Looking forward to the games tomorrow and the QF's at the weekend

Taking a 2 hour lunch at the pub for England V. Germany

2021 UEFA Cup

Great games yesterday. All teams look strong in places and weak in others. No one overwhelmingly dominant team. Belgium looks different now without Hazard and KDB.

That Spain (almost) and France lost in very similar ways at the very end of the game says something about something. Not sure what. Maybe styles of the old guard vs. newer teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know shit about this shit, but I'm just glad to see that the fucking French lost.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A dieu

Wow.

We beat zee Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Luke Shaw MOTM

Das war sehr schlecht. Schade
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Pisses me off to see 45k people in Wembley though given how the covid is doing over there and while US/UK travel is still so restricted.

From the perspective of not really caring who wins but just love the competition (and as a Chelsea club fan):

Havertz had a great crack at goal and Pickford made a great save. He also sprang Mueller with a great pass. If TM misses that chance, you know it’s not your day.

Werner has got to score that chance he had. He’s lost his nerve as a striker. I’d cut him loose if I got another great goal scorer. He’s turning into the next Alvaro morata. Good goal scorer but couldn’t make it happen. Sell and move on.

Luke Shaw had a great season at MU and has continued to play with great impact. Mourinho. You’ve got to love him until you hate him. Almost certainly why Chelsea didn’t get LS. He pushed out KDB and Mo Salah. Probably Lukaku as well. It happens but ouch. What could have been.

Swedes get beaten by a man wearing a bra moments before making it to penalties a man down...

Harsh.

It’s not a bra….it’s a bro

England have a pretty good route to the final. Where they get destroyed by any one of the teams in the other half of the draw.

2021 UEFA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    It’s not a bra….it’s a bro
    It’s a manzier!

Yeah. Ripping off your shirt to expose the same thing that Brandy Chastain was wearing does not help the case that most American football fans make…which is soccer is G to the A to the Y.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    It’s a manzier!

Yeah. Ripping off your shirt to expose the same thing that Brandy Chastain was wearing does not help the case that most American football fans make…which is soccer is G to the A to the Y.

“It’s not a purse (bra)…..it’s European!”

It’s a manzier!

Name:  9700819-dak-prescott-ezekiel-elliott-nfl-washington-redskins-dallas-cowboys-850x560.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  70.3 KB

It’s a manzier!

Most American Rugby fans are stupid ass bigots, so fuck them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

From the perspective of not really caring who wins but just love the competition (and as a Chelsea club fan):

Havertz had a great crack at goal and Pickford made a great save. He also sprang Mueller with a great pass. If TM misses that chance, you know it’s not your day.

Werner has got to score that chance he had. He’s lost his nerve as a striker. I’d cut him loose if I got another great goal scorer. He’s turning into the next Alvaro morata. Good goal scorer but couldn’t make it happen. Sell and move on.

I thought the Werner miss was bad, but not THAT bad. He made a nice run, should have done better with the finish, and the goalie made a nice save. It would not be all that big of a deal if Werner had not lost his nerve early in the season, and no one would notice if Pickford had not made what was really a good save.

Werner actually started out well for Chelsea. He scored 8 goals in his first 12 appearances in all competitions. He also drew a few penalties. He looked fast and lethal, I thought he would really fit in well there. After scoring against Sheffield United on Nov 7 he only scored 2 goals for Chelsea over the next 5 months. He was still fast and skilled, and he still helped stretch defenses, but he just lost his nerve in front of goal. I've read some articles that stated that he hit the woodwork a bunch of times, and he had some also ruled out due to VAR, but even accounting for all of that he clearly lost his nerve.

It's amazing, considering how absolutely amazing he was for Leipzig. He was one of the best strikers in the world, and last year he was the best player in the Bundesliga other than Lewy. A fresh start might be good for both Chelsea and Werner.

But honestly, that might be dangerous. If he DOES get his nerve back they will have given up a world class striker for very little. I think he would be really lethal for Liverpool if he can shake the yips. If I were the Blues I would think long and hard before getting rid of him.

If Werner and Havertz can find their form (and minutes in the case of Havertz) and Pulisic stays healthy and Mount keeps developing Chelsea could be better next year. I doubt they will win the UCL again, but they would actually be a better team.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I like Werner but his confidence is totally shot. Will be interesting to see if Tuchel can work with him to get it back or if they just sell him.

Muller's record of never scoring in the Euros given his record in the world cup is one of the crazier stats I've ever seen.

The final is in England's grasp now. As a Scotsman I really hope they manage to fuck it up along the way but it looks pretty unlikely. Southgate looks happy to win every game 1-0 and they certainly look capable of that

You guys do realize that the bra is a stat tracking device. In every modern soccer game there are multiple players wearing them. I will say I’m shocked they haven’t made them smaller and less ridiculous looking. First time seen at player who’s wearing one take off his shirt. Seems like they’re mostly self conscious of how ridiculous they look.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    You guys do realize that the bra is a stat tracking device. In every modern soccer game there are multiple players wearing them. I will say I’m shocked they haven’t made them smaller and less ridiculous looking. First time seen at player who’s wearing one take off his shirt. Seems like they’re mostly self conscious of how ridiculous they look.
    I do know that.

It was just a funny visual.