WTB: Ultralight 2 person tent

Anyone have an ultralight (3.5 lbs or less) 2 person tent laying around that they don't use? Need to get the weight of my pack down and my current tent is pretty heavy. Thanks!

You only looking for a freestanding tent, or do you have any interest in a mid?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphnturf View Post
    You only looking for a freestanding tent, or do you have any interest in a mid?
    Possibly interested, PM me with what you have

How tall are you? BD Firstlite is great. Picked one up here for $200. They are a good deal on prodeal if you have any with BD.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

I've been using tarptent.com

Under 2.5 lbs, tunnel tents, good in winter. And they set up inner and fly at the same time, saved time and the inner doesn't get wet in rain or snow.

Tried a lot of tents, this is the best.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

https://www.marmot.com/equipment/ten...169580550.html

on sale at 25% off so $260ish, new with warranty

Maybe consider a BD beta light too. Stupid cheap, light, and small.

+1 on the Betalight. The updated version with the bug net skirt is very well done, super light, and fairly cheap. I have one and unless I was going somewhere incredibly wet don't think I could imagine a scenario where I would need more of a tent.

^That's some nice updating on the BetaLight with the bug skirt, no need to have an inner. Seek Outside makes a similar style called the Silex, but that requires a 1 pound inner nest to get bug protection.

The only downside to the betalight is the non freestanding aspect. It seems like a great tent for spring ski missions tbh

I had the beta light and the drawback for me is the amount of time it takes to properly set it up at the end of the day when I'm tired.

Need to dig a foot or more, then use that snow to build a bench, set the tent on top of the bench so you have enough height inside to eat, etc.

This takes way over half an hour.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Another plus one for the Tarp Tent. I got a double rainbow last year and I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Super light (they weigh in at their stated specs) and you get to support a smaller company.

Compared to many other tents I've had in this category the zippers, fabric, construction and design are all just a bit better. Which adds up to a really nice final product. Also, there is a lot of living space. Having some extra room makes tent bound hours much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Another plus one for the Tarp Tent. I got a double rainbow last year and I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Super light (they weigh in at their stated specs) and you get to support a smaller company.

Compared to many other tents I've had in this category the zippers, fabric, construction and design are all just a bit better. Which adds up to a really nice final product. Also, there is a lot of living space. Having some extra room makes tent bound hours much nicer.
    +a million on the tarp tent.

great materials, thoughtful design, TONS of room for their weight etc. the only consideration i would make here would be if you frequently find yourself pitching a tent in an area not optimized to do so - they have a large footprint and require stakes, so rocky pitches in alpine environments are all but impossible without a not insignificant amount of tomfoolery. you need a big wide pad with good dirt, otherwise they're a hassle. that said, dollar for dollar (and pound for pound) you will NOT find a stronger, more livable tent than a tarptent. anywhere.

if you go the firstlight route (serious drawbacks here, namely, livability and ventilation), dm me and i can help.

Thanks for the tarptent suggestion, they look really nice. What's the preferred model?

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Thanks for the tarptent suggestion, they look really nice. What's the preferred model?
    just depends honestly. they're all very well made and very highly thought of. I have a Stratospire II which, for the weight, is absolutely palatial. You can sleep 3 people in it, it has huge vestibules, and it's surprisingly weather worthy. The downside is that it is tricky to pitch and requires a lot of space.

cloudburst, double rainbow, and a few others are super popular as well. they are one of the most creative tent manufacturers in the world, so all of their tents have different features and meet different needs in the market.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Tarptent has really expanded their Dyneema offerings. Last time I looked at their site, the Aeon Li or Notch Li was the only version. It is cool to see how they are advancing with that material.

I have a Tarptent Squall 2 in the garage I bought on GS and never used. It's a 2 or 2+ IMO. Seam seal needs to be redone at some point.

I paid 90 shipped conus https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=tarptent

I would pass it on if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I have a Tarptent Squall 2 in the garage I bought on GS and never used. It's a 2 or 2+ IMO. Seam seal needs to be redone at some point.

this is a killer fucking deal

you should take him up on it

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    this is a killer fucking deal

you should take him up on it

I mean, that's why I bought the thing, but I'd rather see it out in the wild eh?

If karma is due, I would be interested in a lightweight 2+/3p freestanding tent if anybody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

I'll take it! Sending PM

Nice scoreOP

Somewhat related Not worth a PSA I suppose but SMD just re-upped their popular one mans SC treker and Lun4 S0l0 which some peeps had been waiting on but only the white goat was taking preorders.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!