Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

You guys watching the Olympic trials?

'Cuz there are some very attractive women on the U.S. teams in all the sports. One random screen shot:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 8.22.52 PM.png
Views: 1830
Size:  670.5 KB
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Female high jumpers = smokin' gazelles!

Lydia Jacoby is now the second fastest 100M breaststroke swimmer in the world. The 17-year-old Seward swimming legend overtook Annie Lazor late in the race at the Olympic Trial Finals in Omaha, Nebraska Tuesday night, placing her second behind world record holder Lilly King with a new personal best time of 1:05.28. Though not officially confirmed until Sunday, Jacoby will now go on with King to represent the US at the Olympics in Tokyo this July.

Jacoby’s Finals time was the latest in a string of new personal bests that began on Monday. Her previous best time of 1:06.38, obtained at the TYR Pro Swim Series in Mission Viejo, California in April, was broken Monday evening in the semifinals, when Jacoby swam a 1:05.71. The 1.10 seconds she dropped from her TYR time in the Finals now ranks her second in the world and the eighth best 100M breaststroke swimmer of all time. It also distinguishes her as the national record holder for her age group and the first Alaskan swimmer ever to make the Olympic team.

“It means so much to me to be able to represent my state at a meet like this,” she told Swimming World magazine after the race. “And I’m so excited to now represent my country as well. It’s amazing.”

Though Tokyo will be Jacoby’s first Olympiad, it is almost certain not to be her last. The soon-to-be Seward High School senior will join the world class University of Texas swimming program in 2022, and by 2024 she will have had the benefit of several years training as a Longhorn. Her future as a swimmer – as an Olympian – is promising, to say the least.

With her place in the Olympics secured and her place in history still being written, Lydia Jacoby still faces the qualifying heat for the 200M breaststroke, to be held Thursday at 7 a.m. AKDT. Later at 2:45 p.m., NBC Sports Network will broadcast time-delayed preliminaries before beginning semifinal coverage. Finals will begin next Friday at 2:45 p.m., with NBC providing live coverage.

https://www.sewardjournal.com/news/l...4e61493ab.html

Tune in to see Seward’s favorite swimmer represent her hometown and home state as she vies once again to represent her country in the world arena.

^^^Cool.
    Steeplechase:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1624825475.565349.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	636.9 KB 
ID:	378101
    Simone:

Name:	Image1624825494.284799.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	378102

World record holder:

Name:	Image1624893028.225447.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	378180

got some personal interest in this, was fired up to see kendricks make the team again. Class act as an individual and very though competitor.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/ame...oment-41581181
    "Can't you see..."

I remember that guy. What does he do if he’s driving his car and listening to the ball game and the anthem comes on, does he stand up in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    World record holder:

Name:	Image1624893028.225447.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	378180
    Her time would have been fast enough to qualify for the trials in the 400m, no hurdles.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Simone is so fucking good at gymnastics it is crazy. Greatest of all time! Russia can eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Simone is so fucking good at gymnastics it is crazy. Greatest of all time! Russia can eat it.
    I'm not so sure she's not simply the greatest athlete of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Her time would have been fast enough to qualify for the trials in the 400m, no hurdles.
    Whoa, I didn't know that, that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Agree. I also agree w/ AD
    As an old man/former gymnast, it’s been so fun, amazing, and gratifying to watch how great the US teams have been, and especially her.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I remember that guy.
    Anything can happen but this is the overwhelming favorite. Kinda the LaBron to Bubka's Jordan, but here the Labron has one hell of a resume through 20 or 21. Fucked up decision to compete for sweden, as he is Lafayette / LSU all the way. 6.15m = 20ft 2 inches.

"Can't you see..."

I don't know you decide "greatest athlete of all time" across different sports and genders. But Biles is surely on whatever short list you draw up.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I don't know you decide "greatest athlete of all time" across different sports and genders. But Biles is surely on whatever short list you draw up.
    If anyone from Netflix is reading this, I would 100% renew my Netflix subscription to watch Simone Biles compete against other pro athletes in their sport and then in her sport. Track and field, basketball, volleyball, whatever you got, I'm in.

Alyson Felix is all I need

^ pretty unrealistic. She's what, 4ft 8? She is an incredible talent, no doubt, but gymnastics at much of any level is extremely size-dependent and specialized.

4ft 8 simply doesn't translate to much else.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ^ pretty unrealistic. She's what, 4ft 8? She is an incredible talent, no doubt, but gymnastics at much of any level is extremely size-dependent and specialized.

I bet she's a good sprinter and has excellent coordination, that goes a long way. And she can jump, of course. And remember, that WNBA athlete who may destroy her in basketball then has to compete in gymnastics, and we'll all say "6 ft 2 simply doesn't translate to much else".

I really wonder how Biles would do as a pole vaulter.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I'm sure she's qualified to throw a twistin triple, aka Kick-Ass Blaster.

There was a long thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I'm sure she's qualified to throw a twistin triple, aka Kick-Ass Blaster.
    No doubt. Didn't China take their female gymnasts who couldn't quite make the cut and turn them into freestyle aerial competitors for awhile?

I think “GOAT” should mean the most dominant athlete in a sport / position with a difficulty factor for the sport and how many people play. To your point greatest athlete across sports is difficult, and then if you add gender in, well Serena is the most dominant tennis player of all time but she’s never been the best tennis player of all time. Same with Shiffrin.

Some other things to consider:

Tom Brady has always been the least athletic person on his team other than the punters and kickers (maybe).

Sports have evolved and gotten much better. The first four minute mile was run in 1954, now almost every middle distance man can run a 4 minute mile. The first sub 10 second 100M was in 1968, now almost every 100m sprinter at the olympics is under 10 seconds. The first 20m shot put was 1960, the winning shot this olympics will likely be the high 23’s or maybe 24!

I’d also wager that the 1972 Dolphins couldn’t win a game in the modern NFL and Alabama May just beat them but kept it to objective measures.

Does that mean some no name who runs a 9.85 100 today is a better athlete than the 1976 gold medalist?

As someone who is potentially as obsessed with track as I am with skiing, this has been a great week. Crouser’s shot put WR was insane and Benjamin’s nip at the men’s 400H WR was very impressive. Covid and super shoes have created a wildly distorted landscape for most events and it should be a very exciting couple weeks in Tokyo.

The US track AND Field team is looking stacked. It should be a fun Olympics to watch as long as NBC doesn't screw it up (and they will).

i've had fun following fellow Vermonter dairy farmer turned Olympic runner.

https://www.wcax.com/2021/06/22/purr...pic-bid-1500m/
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 06-29-2021 at 06:32 AM.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Cole Hocker has a great kick. And a great name.