Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Ryobi does everything here

Had a 9 year old mower of theirs
    New one is better than any Gas I've used
    Got a new timer end to my old base.
    So good
    Big Ryobi fan, but small yahd

No love for Stihl eh?

I've been pretty happy with my DeWalt 60v string trimmer until last week when the motor began smoking then stopped working. I never used it for more than 5 minutes at a time and was only on my second spool of string (from new) until I ran it last week about 20minutes using up a 9 amp battery, about 2 minutes into the second battery the motor began smoking. I wasn't abusing it and it had done far less than I'd done with a 2 stroke trimmer. If they didn't sell for $250 I'd toss it in the trash but motors are available for about $90 so I'll fix it and use it sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    No love for Stihl eh?
    Yeah, I've always had good luck with Stihl stuff for sure. The electric arena is different imo. A milwaukee, dewalt or any other major tool battery platform gives you so many options in which to use one battery. Professional use changes that possibly dependent upon specific features and benefits of particular tool(s).

I picked up the Milwaukee mower a month or two back after my Toro shit the bed. I have about a 1/4 acre of lawn and as long as I don't let it get too overgrown in between mowings I can do it all on a single charge with the included 2x 12ah batteries. Really happy with how it works - sticks in quiet mode unless you go through thick stuff, then it automatically ramps up to high speed mode.
    Definitely more powerful than my brother's Ego mower, but cost about twice as much too.

Why is this padded room and not tech talk JONGS?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

What's tech talk?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

cuz dentists who can't fix shit, can't afford to employ an Illegal still have to cut their own lawn

the only tool with a battery that i own sucks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

the only tool with a battery that i own sucks
    No bro, your ebike is fine, you just suck at riding

where do I screw in the firmware on my electric drill ?

where do I screw in the firmware on my electric drill ?
    Bend over and I’ll show ya

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I heard you are hung like a jeribal

I heard you are hung like a jeribal
    You won’t feel a thing.

Battery Powered Lawn Tools

My LawnBoy - best mower ever with the best self propel in the land, so good that despite using it for several years, my kids had no idea it was self propelled - died the afternoon before we were leaving town for two weeks and we were already behind on mowing. Wirecutter and CR liked the EGO and it was in stock and on sale at Lowe’s, desperation made easy. Went ahead and got the weed eater too.

The mower is fine. It’s plasticy and rattles like it’s going to fall apart, and the self propel sucks, but it mows well and handles thick grass well. The blades are pretty flimsy but seem fine for normal mowing. The kids use it the most and they like it.

The weed eater is pretty sweet. Tons of torque and the power string load is awesome. You gotta remove a few bolts, but it folds up and fits mostly into a backpack for stealth trail cleaning missions.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I have several Stihl battery chain saws (which are clearly the highest performing of the various options) so already having the batteries, I bought their top of the line self propelled mower. Works great, powerful, easy adjustment (single lever) with no issues in a couple of year’s use.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I've been pretty happy with my DeWalt 60v string trimmer until last week when the motor began smoking then stopped working. I never used it for more than 5 minutes at a time and was only on my second spool of string (from new) until I ran it last week about 20minutes using up a 9 amp battery, about 2 minutes into the second battery the motor began smoking. I wasn't abusing it and it had done far less than I'd done with a 2 stroke trimmer. If they didn't sell for $250 I'd toss it in the trash but motors are available for about $90 so I'll fix it and use it sparingly.
    Sounds like a manufacturing defect. I know several people who run them all out until the battery dies then swap in a new one. You try to warranty it?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    My LawnBoy - best mower ever with the best self propel in the land, so good that despite using it for several years, my kids had no idea it was self propelled - died the afternoon before we were leaving town for two weeks and we were already behind on mowing. Wirecutter and CR liked the EGO and it was in stock and on sale at Lowe’s, desperation made easy. Went ahead and got the weed eater too.

The mower is fine. It’s plasticy and rattles like it’s going to fall apart, and the self propel sucks, but it mows well and handles thick grass well. The blades are pretty flimsy but seem fine for normal mowing. The kids use it the most and they like it.

The weed eater is pretty sweet. Tons of torque and the power string load is awesome. You gotta remove a few bolts, but it folds up and fits mostly into a backpack for stealth trail cleaning missions.
    I’ve been happy with my EGO products. Maybe my expectations are just low, but in no way do I miss my old ICE mowers and other lawn tools. Been using the mower to push mow several acres while Lowes desperately tries to hire drivers so they can bring my new riding mower to my house.

A thing that annoys me is they act like they have no control over the situation.

But the ego push mower is great.
    focus.

Saw this at Lowes the other day.

https://egopowerplus.com/zero-turn-r...mower-zt4204l/

I bought into the Ego stuff on a whim. Local store had Ego and DeWalt so I was looking them up on the phone in the store and picked Ego. If it wasn't such of an impulse buy I'm guessing I'd of went with Stihl or Husqvarna just cause I've always used their ICE products.

I got the Ego string trimmer 2 summers ago. It works fine and all, plenty of power, good throttle feel, seems durable. What I don't like is that I get way too much hand-arm vibration from the trimmer. It only takes me about 15 minutes to trim the yard, then my hands feel numb for the next few hours. Never had that problem w/ any other handheld equipment and I've used lots extensively in previous careers (landscaper, grounds keeper, sawyer). I'm not having that issue from any other use of my hands so not sure if all the Ego trimmers are like that or if mine is messed up.

Since I had the Ego battery I also picked up the small handheld blower last summer, I think it was around $125. Its ok for what it is. Mostly got it to clean leaves out of beds and corners that we don't feel like raking. All the heavy work is still done by rakes in our small lot. I don't care for the throttle control on it, trigger is either on or off, with a little lever to control the power, and button for turbo.

Our lot's small and the growing season is short, so both seem to get used about 5x a summer. For that limited use it's super convenient to have the electric stuff. The battery seem healthy so far. Hopefully replacements are easy to source 5, 10, 15 years down the road b/c I don't want to buy new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Sounds like a manufacturing defect. I know several people who run them all out until the battery dies then swap in a new one. You try to warranty it?
    I tried, It's 3 years and 3 months old and has a 3 year warranty. A phone call wasted my time and online chat was even less helpful. I'll try home depot, I bought it there. I have a lot of DeWalt tools and batteries getting close to 3 years old, I hope it's not an expiration date.

Bought a ryobi 40v mower on sale and with a coupon at HD for about $300. Without the discounts I would have gone Ego. The Ryobi mower needs to two charges (45 minute sessions) to do the 1/2 acre pretty flat lawn. Found mulching yields better battery life. Maybe because the mower doesn’t carry all that additional weight around. The build quality is light-weight almost flimsy. Broke off the rear grass flap 20 minutes into its inaugural use. Doesn’t seem to hinder its performance though. All things being equal it does a decent job on standard lawn mowing. Big change for me as I was used to buying the cheapest craftsman gassers and beating the hell out of them until they croaked and then patching them up an putting them back to work. The quiet operation is a real plus though.

Also bought the cheapest version of the 40v ryobi line trimmer w/out the battery so it could share the battery with the mower. It’s OK.

Used to use a hard wired trimmer but the lot is to long for that to be practical. Still have wired hedge trimmers, chain saw and blower. Might have to upgrade the blower though.

Bottom line decent mower for small to medium lawn if you stay within the lines and don’t abuse it. I’d recommend mulching with it rather than bagging.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Saw this at Lowes the other day.

https://egopowerplus.com/zero-turn-r...mower-zt4204l/

I kind of eyed that up for a crazy minute but backed slowly away. You’d have to drop quite a bit of cash on batteries to get it up to full capacity and I didn’t have the stomach for that. Plus I wanted a bigger mowing deck.

Quiet operation is fantastic. Easy start stop. I have the leaf blower, multihead tool with string trimmer and pole saw attachments, push mower, chainsaw, and two stage snowblower. All do the job and no problems with any of them. I have enough batteries that I never run out of juice. Swapping a battery is easier than filling the gas tank.
    focus.

Bump - there's some Green Machine stuff on big discount at Home Depot. I ordered the chainsaw and leaf blower, around $70 each, each with a battery and charger. I had just bought a corded cheap electric chainsaw, which I'm going to return. And it'll be nice to have a quiet blower - I can retire the old 2-stroke Hitachi blower.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Green-Ma...kF1xtw9T002X40
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

This is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the same model at Home Depot, I've been eying this mower for a month now but don't want to get a defective mower.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/72392033

Even if the mower dies in a month the 4 new batteries are worth it, right? Talk me in/out of this.

I already am financially deep in the makita universe so that's why I picked this one.

Any lawn tool you buy that doesn't have a Honda engine is just asking for problems.