Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    We bought our ego a few years ago from Home Depot. It was a demo model and they “found” a battery for it but didn’t know the provenance of it. It lasted 3 years and I had to replace it last year. The discount we got on the mower more than covered the new battery. Love the fact that you can sharpen the blade like a real mower. Managed to sneak in a quick mow before the ride last night. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1624543293.584510.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	377815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1624543306.709196.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	377816

Shit, not sure how much lawn you actually have but that looks darn close to reel mower size.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Shit, not sure how much lawn you actually have but that looks darn close to reel mower size.
    That’s most of it. Did the reel mower for a few years but it doesn’t mulch as well. It tended to just cut and leave long pieces. Mulching mower has improved the lawn greatly.

does anybody still own an extension cord ?

I've had or still have plug in electric lawn mowers, line trimmers, drills, power saws, they all work or worked fine
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I've had or still have plug in electric lawn mowers, line trimmers, drills, power saws, they all work or worked fine
    <raises hand>

I have more than one. The one for mowing/trimming is fairly long... get a heavy-gauge one if you're going to go for a long cord.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    <raises hand>

I have more than one. The one for mowing/trimming is fairly long... get a heavy-gauge one if you're going to go for a long cord.
    Another plus is that not having batteries is waaaaaaaaaaaay less destructive to the environment than the production of Lithium and rare earth minerals needed for said batteries. I'm still thinking an electric lawn mower might not be a bad way to go, BUT I think I'll switch to corded for my string trimmer. My sidewalk edger is corded and I love that it always just works. Quiet too.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Another plus is that not having batteries is waaaaaaaaaaaay less destructive to the environment than the production of Lithium and rare earth minerals needed for said batteries. I'm still thinking an electric lawn mower might not be a bad way to go, BUT I think I'll switch to corded for my string trimmer. My sidewalk edger is corded and I love that it always just works. Quiet too.
    Yep - I still have a corded drill, mower, trimmer, edger, Dremel, etc.

I mean, that's mostly because I have extension cords, I guess... but also because I have a sordid history with battery-powered units.

Granted - all my battery-powered tool experiences are now quite dated, but since I have all this corded shit, I don't see much point is getting cordless stuff "just because."

LOL you should have seen my using a 50' cord with my electric snowblower. There was a very specific pattern that one had to follow for minimal cord tangles.

LOL you should have seen my using a 50' cord with my electric snowblower. There was a very specific pattern that one had to follow for minimal cord tangles.
    Same thing with a corded mower. And it's a good detail-oriented skill for kids to figure out. I mean... I've practically done them a favor allowing them to mow the yard all these years.

I have had to splice the cord a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I love mine, but a heavy duty blower it is not. It's really light weight and easy to just pick up and use any time you need it real quick. It's perfect for cleaning off the driveway and sidewalk after a mow or blowing out the gravel once in a while.
    Yeah, New England leaves are thick and deep and that is where I'm getting my feedback.

I heard Burlington VT banned gas powered blowers. Not sure.

Had some jagoff running a gas powered leaf blower at 7:13 am this morning next door.

Fuck those things.

Basic suburban residential lawn care doesn’t need the power of the gas blowers. If you have a giant property or work on commercial groundskeeping I can understand gas, but for fucks sake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

some things are fine on the end of extension cord ... lawn mower (small lot) / drill/ power saw/ trimmer

some things are not ... snow blower/ chainsaw/ lawnmower & trimmer (big lot)

ymmv

some things are fine on the end of extension cord ... lawn mower (small lot) / drill/ power saw/ trimmer

Kinda depends on gauge of the cord. Don't buy a cheap-ass long extension cord and then hook up a high-draw tool to it.

ymmv
    I have an electric chainsaw and it works just fine for the tasks I bought it for at the end of a 50' cord of the correct guage.

I'm thinking to slaughter trees on a ski run for 5-6hrs not so much

in fact I would take a corded chainsaw for around a small yard over a battery powered chainsaw

but then i would probably just break out the Silky and do it by hand

Ryobi Mower, weed wackert & blower 8 years strong and reliable.

Still have big gas bad ass snowblower

Thinking how much it would suck to change a belt at - 15 I replaced both the belts in my 10 yr old snowblower this spring, I did have trouble finding the right belts in a town with a lot of snow & snow blowers so it was a good idea to do premptive maintenance , I thot they should be easy to source but I had to order them on amazon

You gas kooks (ya you xxx! ) will be dinosaurs shortly.

Battery-powered motorcycles are putting out 110hp these days. Technology is just getting better and better.

Gas chainsaws may be the one thing that holds on for a while. The power to weight ratio is going to be tough with that one.

I cannot wait for a big ass battery powered snowblower. My Ariens makes my clothes smell like shit. Hate that thing.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...59#post6342359
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Mower the lawn today. Thought about you guys when I was cleaning up all my spilled hydrocarbons.

^Looks about right for white trash with that pos pickup and dogshit boat in the drive. Keep on keepin' on bro.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    ^Looks about right for white trash with that pos pickup and dogshit boat in the drive. Keep on keepin' on bro.
    Having a bad day? I’m sure you’d really hate my neighborhood…

Someone shit in your Cheerios today?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Someone shit in your Cheerios today?
    Douche comment deserves a douche reply. Problem with that? Maybe alpinezone is more your speed

Take a lap bro. You're normally not a shithead on here, and now's not a great time to start being one. Who gives a shit if he uses a gas mower.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk