Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sock puppets. You gotta have a socko so shit like that doesn't come back on you irl.
    Facebook doesn't care if all your personalities have a page.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    People are too sensitive these days. We've become a nation of pussies.
    Two nations bro. Same prob up here.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    tiktok.
    /endthread
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

facebook and social media is a cesspool
    never been part of it don't really care
    live my life in the here and now I imagine I'm missing out on lots not sure what I'm missing out on
    if thats what people want to do with their time its ok it's like eating shit food go for it not my worry
    ok I am on strava but I've only got 10 friends there
    give it all up who cares what someone you went to high school with had for lunch today or that they lost 10 pounds or voted for so and so
    you say the wrong shit and people are ready with their pitchforks because they have been inside all day hunting for witches and wanting to feel good about themselves

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    facebook and social media is a cesspool
    Agreed. Seems we aren't missing out on much. This is what's going on out there and it's starting to make me REALLY abhor this part of our society:

I just wish Messenger hadn’t become the default communications for so many of my family and friends. I never log on to FB itself but that’s an easy move.

I recently followed the far side and Calvin and Hobbes. My Facebook feed is way better now, with the odd family update interspersed between sledding adventures and cow jokes.
    focus.

Supreme Court rules that speech outside of campus that does not significantly disrupt classroom study is protected by 1A.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/23/10013...irst-amendment

This was a case where a young lady, pissed off about not making varsity cheerleading, posted on Snapchat a photo of her flipping off the camera with a caption “fuck the school, fuck cheer, fuck everything.”
    School suspended her, she sued

So it appears OP can ask his HR dept why they hate America, and threaten to sue for violation of his 1A rights

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    So it appears OP can ask his HR dept why they hate America, and threaten to sue for violation of his 1A rights
    Not quite.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Supreme Court rules that speech outside of campus that does not significantly disrupt classroom study is protected by 1A.

This was a case where a young lady, pissed off about not making varsity cheerleading, posted on Snapchat a photo of her flipping off the camera with a caption “fuck the school, fuck cheer, fuck everything.”

Seems to me that you're missing a crucial distinction between that young lady and the OP.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jay and Paulster--where's the union in all this? No union? Why not?
    Last edited by old goat; 06-23-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Seems to me that you're missing a crucial distinction between that young lady and the OP.
    This. There is a BIG difference between the 1A protections afforded private citizens and those afforded public sector employees....Speaking from experience.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you say the wrong shit and people are ready with their pitchforks because they have been inside all day hunting for witches and wanting to feel good about themselves
    We still talkin' 'bout Padded Room?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    We still talkin' 'bout Padded Room?
    I guess

I'm hear for the funny and the wide range spectrum of maggots and there wealth of nowledge plenty of posters here get th here thong too far up there vagina and get upset but that's there problem I try to 8gnore that and focus on the cool.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Yes Union. Rep will be at HR mtg. Some language in Employee Handbook that union agreed to and we sign off on every year.. not going further into it, but I'm on top if it.

Not really concerned about the HR thing, it's just their process.

I'm honestly more distressed that as far as I can tell someone on my "friends" list felt the need to contact my boss and threaten my livelihood because I said that kids shouldn't be "jerks". Nothing more, no students or even groups of students identified. In the post I even implied it included my own offspring, who I absolutely believe shouldn't be jerks.

What a world we live in..

Working on the YouTube playlist for downtime video entertainment.

So happy to be done with FB.

Fuck people.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 06-23-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Finally deleted my FB today.

She of course is from PA…..lol.

Her interview….”live from a gas station in Mahanoy City” on the local news tonight was a real treat….

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Not quite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Damn lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I'm honestly more distressed that as far as I can tell someone on my "friends" list felt the need to contact my boss and threaten my livelihood because I said that kids shouldn't be "jerks". Nothing more, no students or even groups of students identified. In the post I even implied it included my own offspring, who I absolutely believe shouldn't be jerks.
    Well, if you get canned over all of this and want to find out who rated you out, all emails sent or received by any employee of a public school district is public record, at least in Washington and I assume other states have similar laws. Phone log records are also public record. So if the person outed you via email, you can get a copy of the email. If they outed you by a phone call, and you know their number, you can see that they made a call. If they outed you by person to person talk, your screwed. I wouldn't try this unless you're canned as to not kick the bees nest.

I'm honestly more distressed that as far as I can tell someone on my "friends" list felt the need to contact my boss and threaten my livelihood
    as my soundcloud rapper friend once said on his debut mixtape, "ain't got no squares in my circle. that circle just my homies."
    swing your fucking sword.

FB keeps me in touch with old friends from distant states.

But fuck zuck
    He’s an alien. And evil. And his software sucks.
    I would love to delete my profile.
    . . .

Damn lawyers
    I'm offended. Reported to HR!

I said that kids shouldn't be "jerks". Nothing more, no students or even groups of students identified. In the post I even implied it included my own offspring, who I absolutely believe shouldn't be jerks.
    Fuck people.
    Not that it makes you feel any better but, you're not wrong: Kids can be jerks. I'll even expand it to: people of all ages. Weird, I know!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Jay and Paulster--where's the union in all this? No union? Why not?
    Although brought to the upper levels of governance, it didn't get that far for disciplinary action - but nobody is quite sure why. Union was involved at the beginning, advice was don't comment to anyone on this for now. The usual response when this sort of thing happened in the past was that the teacher would be asked to remove the offending image/post from the internet and that's it. But this happened during George Floyd/BLM which had a lot of steam up here too, and thus was a little more magnified than normal.

I think it's because she personally didn't do anything wrong - it was the other guy in that photograph. What makes me angry is that there are people who legitimately think someone should lose their job over this, despite their past accomplishments and involvements in student inclusivity groups. Personally I think any anonymous complaints should be void - you want to try to cancel someone, then show yourself.

There is basically zero upside to being on Facebook or any social media platform AFAICT.

Need something to do during break time?
    Try a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    There is basically zero upside to being on Facebook or any social media platform AFAICT.
    One of my favorite recent quotes: "Nobody has ever been hired b/c of their Facebook posts."
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

Need something to do during break time?
    Try a magazine.
    you know you posted that message
    on a social media platform
    while reading a magazine i hope
    i dont delete the wps account cause i like how the needy zuckbitches send me emails every day thinking i need them
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno