Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: A piece of TGR automotive history

Remember this thread? https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-in-the-blank)

I want to keep this rig in the maggot chain of custody, but after 5 years and countless stories, heartache, ups, downs, adventures, blood, sweat, tears... I've decided it's time for me to sell it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181125_144057139_HDR.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	377647

Vivian
    1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    205k miles
    Triple Locked
    ARB bumpers
    LED headlights

Slee off-road FZJ80 4" suspension goodies with Slee Billet caster correction arms. 2.5 bypass remote resi shocks with progressive rate coils. ($5000+ worth of suspension, and yes it's fucking awesome. Huge upgrade from the OME Springs and the Fox IFP 2.0 shocks I ran for a few years.)
    (https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1081/ https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sof1258/ https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sof1259/)
    Marlin Crawler FZJ80 HD steering.
    Roughly $10,000 in receipts for addressing all deferred maintenance issues at multiple professional Land Cruiser specialty shops. (Tune-up, small items, seat regulators, radiator, condensor, a/c service, door handles, new hood, hood latches... you name it.) Mostly at Torfab.
    LVS did berfs and brakes. Drivers berf housing needs a reseal, LVS will include Nitro kit.
    5x 35" Goodyear Duratracs, 1x 100% tread, 4x 60% tread.

Just an FYI, it's got headers, high flow cats, etc... will not pass California smog. It's got a little rust here and there. So what, this truck fucks.

If I account for all the time and money I have wrapped in to this thing (not to mention jeopardizing my marriage and sanity due to tangentially related life circumstances that this vehicle brought me to) I'd need to sell it for at least $50,000.

Is it perfect? no. Is it awesome, 100%. Would I jump in it and drive the alcan or to moab or rubicon or what not? yes.

So, with all that said, I want a maggot to own this, and I think a fair price is $16,000

Name:	IMG_20210601_182752519_HDR.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	377648

Name:	IMG_20180427_195033754.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	624.7 KB 
ID:	377649

Name:	IMG_20180710_135833564.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	377650

Your wife is gold. As is this rig. If I wasn't already marriage-deep in a 31 year old project car...

Someone is about to be damn happy.

What a beaut

Ahhhh, the emotion. If I weren't in CA, I'd highly consider buying it back. I was driving up Great Highway when a lowered 300zx darted out of the Beach Chalet parking lot, then had to stop. That ARB bumper was resting about 6" from his face. Totaled his car, and he almost died. Complained because I wouldn't move the car before the police got there.

Sorry to hear it cost you some serious problems. My wife also hated that car. At least you got five years of fun out of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

Name:	IMG_20181125_144057139_HDR.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	377647
    End of an era

RIP Jacky boy

Damn, guys. If I hadn’t just bought a 4runner three weeks ago…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_20181125_161921718.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	377701
    Did I mention the color is red?

New life goal; To own a car that fucks.

(not gonna be this one though)

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Looks like a fun vehicle

8k of driving in 4 years?!

The rig looks awesome and will make someone pretty stoked

FS: A piece of TGR automotive history

Any idea on the skinny $$ wise on resealing the birfield if one were to just pay for it?

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Any idea on the skinny $$ wise on resealing the birfield if one were to just pay for it?

Depends on the shop, it probably would be $300 to re-seal the one side. If you're interested in the rig, and it's important, I can do one in a couple hours. (RESEAL NOT A FULL KNUCKLE REBUILD....)

Land Cruiser knuckles always leak, and this one isn't leaking too bad. It just is leaking, therefore I feel the need to mention it. It was done a few years ago, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Dang, I’d much rather have this than my current rig... you still in Leavenworth? I’m in cashmere...

^^ haha I find that ironic. Would be the most fitting new owner!

My god, that’s a nice ride. GLWS

That thing is sweet! I'd bite if I wasn't in a committed relationship with my 01 tacoma. If you have trouble finding a mag to take it I bet you could sell it in CO for stupid money - I hear of people paying a ton for FJ80s that aren't as nice as this one
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa5446 View Post
    Dang, I’d much rather have this than my current rig... you still in Leavenworth? I’m in cashmere...

I'm in Sandpoint, but my parents are in Peshastin. I could potentially bring it out your way but would need to make sure you're serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    That thing is sweet! I'd bite if I wasn't in a committed relationship with my 01 tacoma. If you have trouble finding a mag to take it I bet you could sell it in CO for stupid money - I hear of people paying a ton for FJ80s that aren't as nice as this one
    I could likely list it in the Seattle area for $20 - $25k, but I want to see it stay in the family if possible. At least for now, if I can't get a dentist around here to make it happen I guess I can sell to a tech bro.

That is way cooler than my outback...
    I don't know shit about land cruisers but I bet that would get a metric shit ton of cash in new england.
    GLWS
    Having a car like that is like dating the hottest chick in school. You want to do it, you do it, you got it out of your system and that's the only way to get over it.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    That is way cooler than my outback...
    I don't know shit about land cruisers but I bet that would get a metric shit ton of cash in new england.
    GLWS
    Having a car like that is like dating the hottest chick in school. You want to do it, you do it, you got it out of your system and that's the only way to get over it.
    She's been a nice mistress to have.

Pick up this and pair it with the Trillium Camper two doors down? Would be a good looking combo.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    Pick up this and pair it with the Trillium Camper two doors down? Would be a good looking combo.
    Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Depends on the shop, it probably would be $300 to re-seal the one side. If you're interested in the rig, and it's important, I can do one in a couple hours. (RESEAL NOT A FULL KNUCKLE REBUILD....)

Land Cruiser knuckles always leak, and this one isn't leaking too bad. It just is leaking, therefore I feel the need to mention it. It was done a few years ago, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Thanks for the reply man, sounds pretty insignificant. This things likely going to have to remain a pipe dream for me; but fer fuck sake what a ride!

Good luck this is gonna make someone a happy LC owner. Cool!!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I sold mine on ih8mud. Some dude came out from Michigan to Idaho to pick it up. My wife hated ours. Honestly been staring at this and wondering but I’m too chicken to ask permission.

Driving to Targhee

Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    I sold mine on ih8mud. Some dude came out from Michigan to Idaho to pick it up. My wife hated ours. Honestly been staring at this and wondering but I’m too chicken to ask permission.

What about these things do wives hate so much? The money invested? The time spent babying it? The bouncy ride and lack of interior amenities? All of the above? So far my gf is a fan of my truck since it allows us to go see a lot of cool places, she's just made it clear she's not putting any of her money into it unless it's some kind of camping comfort upgrade. Maybe the key word there is gf not wife...
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    What about these things do wives hate so much? The money invested? The time spent babying it? The bouncy ride and lack of interior amenities? All of the above? So far my gf is a fan of my truck since it allows us to go see a lot of cool places, she's just made it clear she's not putting any of her money into it unless it's some kind of camping comfort upgrade. Maybe the key word there is gf not wife...
    Women hate mistresses.