Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    For some reason, Seano attracts certain things...first it was the Ronnie James Dio-a-thon.
    Maybe 4 Dio songs in the first hour of our evening park cruise including a Rainbow tune, Man on the Silver Mountain.
    Then the cops...first the 2 Park rangers immediately after burning and then the 2 or 3 cops in town, with one pulling in behind us and following us for a few blocks.

What a fun time we had, ganjala rides, GTNP park tours, floating the South Fork, extremely casual dining and a lot of tgr talk.
    Stoked to meet ya mag.
    I have no clue what is up with the po po..... I had a MHP ride my ass for at least 20 miles through the Swan River Valley...... And the stoke goes both ways, DJ..... I hope you and yours are ok.....Thanks again man.....

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    I have no clue what is up with the po po..... I had a MHP ride my ass for at least 20 miles through the Swan River Valley.....
    He might have been trying to figure out if “New” Mexico was part of the USA or not.

I have no clue what is up with the po po..... I had a MHP ride my ass for at least 20 miles through the Swan River Valley...... And the stoke goes both ways, DJ..... I hope you and yours are ok.....Thanks again man.....
    Did they at least pull your hair a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    He might have been trying to figure out if “New” Mexico was part of the USA or not.
    True.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did they at least pull your hair a little?
    Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Don’t your plates say “New Mexico USA” for the geographically impaired?

Of course, several years ago a Teton County Deputy lost a shitload -like an oz - of meth they were using for a dog training exercise. Left it on the bumper and drove off. The box was labeled “meth”
    https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...1e0e6978b.html

Took a quick ride into Glacier this evening into Glacier with my Uncle.... Logan Pass was a fucking junk show, but Goddamn that park is GORGEOUS........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5061.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	380404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5063.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	380405

Name:	IMG_5064.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	380406

Name:	IMG_5066.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	380407

Name:	IMG_5072.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	380408

Name:	IMG_5074.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	380409

Name:	IMG_5075.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	380410

Tomorrow is decision time on where I head out on Monday..... Jono and Leavenworth Skier, I’m thinking I’ll be in Sandpoint around lunch time Monday.... Beers on me if you have time. Peace and love, Maggots!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Word, actually took the week off work. My sister is visiting from New York but she doesn't hit town til Monday afternoon around 3pm. So I'm free on Monday before then. If you want to slide your timeline up a bit so we can link up earlier in the morning we could go for a nice ride thats a partial shuttle (1.5k climbing for nearly 4k of vertical down.) Either way I'm down for a beer.

Will check schedule/thread. You've been killing it so far! I may just do some work on the weekend and see if I can free up some time Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Word, actually took the week off work. My sister is visiting from New York but she doesn't hit town til Monday afternoon around 3pm. So I'm free on Monday before then. If you want to slide your timeline up a bit so we can link up earlier in the morning we could go for a nice ride thats a partial shuttle (1.5k climbing for nearly 4k of vertical down.) Either way I'm down for a beer.
    Thanks man, but I’m ready to put some miles in tomorrow on the road, a rolling stone gathers no moss.... PM a good local eatery and your contact info. Jono same. I’ll be rolling by 0800 outta WF.....Just spent today with prep/laundry/ house duties, so no pics..... Hope to see some more Mags IRL soon! Onward........

Ok maybe one pic......

Name:	IMG_5076.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	208.0 KB 
ID:	380469

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Looks like an awesome trip so far, nice work! What's the smoke like up there?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Looks like an awesome trip so far, nice work! What's the smoke like up there?
    Pretty fucking hazy......

Name:	IMG_5091.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	380583

Fire sun over N. Washington.....Thanks to the Artist and Jono for taking time out for an early lunch in Sandpoint, much appreciated..... I’ll post more pics tomorrow, my service sucks up here......Thanks Mags,today was the first time I felt really homesick....One of my daughters called and cried and cried cause I wasn’t home......Brutal. Onward.

-Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Aw man, that's a rough call. Cheap flights between ABQ and someplace? Or does that violate the premise? I only have nieces and I think I'd crumble. Thanks again man, great to meet you.

Fire sun over N. Washington.....Thanks to the Artist and Jono for taking time out for an early lunch in Sandpoint, much appreciated..... I’ll post more pics tomorrow, my service sucks up here......Thanks Mags,today was the first time I felt really homesick....One of my daughters called and cried and cried cause I wasn’t home......Brutal. Onward.

Great to meet you! Can't wait to see pics on your next leg of the journey! I think I know that campground you're in.

I love your journey man, and am glad I got to be a small part of it! Be safe out there and keep posting so I can live vicariously through you. Tough phone call on the daughter part, I would probably crumble too.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thanks guys for everything...... Talked to Thing One this morning, she’s doing better.....Headed to Chelan and points south.... Last night’s sunset over Lake Ellen:

Name:	IMG_5092.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	380648

-Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Daaaamn that is gorgeous. I guess the smoke has it's upsides?

Well Mags, I’m pulling the plug, two weeks in.... Several reasons: First, my daughter, Thing One, is legit having some kind of emotional/ psychological issue, and it’s breaking my heart. Second, Mrs. Seano, who has been back in the office for exactly two months, had a coworker (unvaxxed of course) test positive for the Delta variant, and was in close proximity for extended durations with the whole goddamn office, 2/3 of which are anti-vax kooks. Side note and cross post from the vax thread, fuck them and any other selfish fuck that simply can’t do the right goddamn thing for the greater good. Seriously. Finally, I’m burnt from all the smoke, crowds, and traffic since NE WA.....I’m currently in Bend trying to figure my route home tomorrow..... I really can’t thank TGR Nation for everything you Mags have done for me.... For the PNW crew, Skajah, John B, TBS, and Buster, and whoever I’m forgetting, I’ll be back. All the Mags who helped make this the trip of a lifetime, thank you, thank you, thank you......Multi day photo dump( and FUCK T-MOBILE while we’re at it):

Name:	IMG_5100.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	380759

Name:	IMG_5101.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	380760

Name:	IMG_5102.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	380761

Name:	IMG_5104.JPG 
Size:	1,023.4 KB 
ID:	380762

Name:	IMG_5106.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	380763

Name:	IMG_5109.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	380764

Name:	IMG_5111.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	380765

Name:	IMG_5112.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	380766
    Tent life yo..... Building my “endurance “.....

Name:	IMG_5113.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	380767
    GOTOS?

Name:	IMG_5116.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	380768

Name:	IMG_5117.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	324.8 KB 
ID:	380769
    Blue skies!

Name:	IMG_5118.JPG 
Size:	391.3 KB 
ID:	380770
    The Hood.

Name:	IMG_5119.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	332.6 KB 
ID:	380771

Name:	IMG_5121.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	380772

Back towards the shit......Thanks Mags.....I’ll keep you posted.....

S

-Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Well, fuck. I think you are making the right decision though.

Honestly, the fastest route from Bend to ABQ per Google Maps is probably the way to go. Hit up some hot springs in Idaho, grab a beer in Boise, melt into SFBs couch in SLC for a night or two, make a pitstop in Moab to look at rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Well, fuck. I think you are making the right decision though.

Honestly, the fastest route from Bend to ABQ per Google Maps is probably the way to go. Hit up some hot springs in Idaho, grab a beer in Boise, melt into SFBs couch in SLC for a night or two, make a pitstop in Moab to look at rocks.
    Word. Next time I’m up Montrose way I’ll hit you up ahead of time......

Totally understand.
    Looks like any route SE from here is gonna require a run thru the smoke from Bootleg, Dixie & Tamarack fires...

ETA - after looking at air quality, I might suggest heading east to Burns then south on US 95 thru the Oregon Outback to Winnemucca. They call that area The Big Lonesome. Gorgeous place. AQI in both towns is under 50 today.

From there head to Las Vegas and then I40 east. Google Maps sez it will take 90 min longer than going via Boise, SLC, Moab, etc

Via con Dios

Sucks to hear, but glad you got what you did and thanks for sharing!

Wouldn't it be safer to chill around SW Colorado for a couple weeks?

You did ask for critiques.

How old is your daughter? I would imagine you are going to have to cut that cord at some point, but of course, that's your call.

I'd rec heeding your avatar and completing the visionquest.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Lotsa great roads back to ABQ, which ones ya gonna take?

I'd suggest heading south until you can get on the Lonely hwy., rt. 50; then over towards moab then down 191 onto the Rez and back east to home...