Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    seano, check your PM.
    Got it! Reply sent……..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Congrats on retirement!

Maybe I'll see you on the road. I got downsized in Dec, currently taking a year or so of retirement in advance. Starting a bikepack of the Colorado Trail from Denver tomorrow After that, will probably be up to smoke and fire activity where I head
    Man... enjoy that trail. It's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Man... enjoy that trail. It's a good one!
    well, most of it is. I hear the section near Sargent is decidedly un-fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    well, most of it is. I hear the section near Sargent is decidedly un-fun.
    Still better than working.

One time way back in the 90s I was driving that way, in the pre-internet days all I knew about Utah was that they pull hippies over and search aggressively, and fire season was coming so I had to be piss-testable in a few weeks anyway, so I decided to find a nice out of the way spot kinda near-ish to Green River WY, and smoke my gallon ziplock of weed before I headed through.
    I ended up being more or less comatose in my truck camper for an amount of time I can’t actually say, but probably like a week. A journey through inner space. No bugs, insane night skies. Art Bell freakout stories on the AM at night. Didn’t see a soul out there.
    There’s (or was…I dunno now) stunning, awesome opportunities for genuine solitude and soul searching thataway.

Name:  79710CE9-DD27-43EF-9611-4CC98400FBCC.jpeg
Views: 393
Size:  45.8 KB

Still plenty of that.

We remain the least populated state in the nation.

Lots more oil and gas towers/lights out in the southern deserty areas tho, different than the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Still plenty of that.

We remain the least populated state in the Lower 48.

Lots more oil and gas towers/lights out in the southern deserty areas tho, different than the 90's.
    fify

Still on schedule to leave Thursday at zero dark thirty……Thanks again Mags, any of yo I see IRL get the first annual commemorative VISIONQUEST beer couzy……I’ll keep y’all updated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3EEE9A90-A21F-4864-9029-CAEF6E59EA89.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1,017.2 KB 
ID:	379226
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Still on schedule to leave Thursday at zero dark thirty……Thanks again Mags, any of yo I see IRL get the first annual commemorative VISIONQUEST beer couzy……I’ll keep y’all updated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3EEE9A90-A21F-4864-9029-CAEF6E59EA89.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1,017.2 KB 
ID:	379226
    When will you be in Jackson Hole environs?

We remain the least populated state in the nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    fify
    Not so fast there hombre...all census reporting has Wyoming 52 out of 52 including DC and Puerto Rico.

WY - ~575k roughly. 10th largest state
    AK - ~735k roughly. THE largest state.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    When will you be in Jackson Hole environs?
    17-19th.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Hey Seano, FYI Highway 20 west of Winthrop/Mazama is currently closed due to fire with an unknown ETA for reopening. Keep me posted as you start getting closer to this part of your trip and I can give you another update.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Hey Seano, FYI Highway 20 west of Winthrop/Mazama is currently closed due to fire with an unknown ETA for reopening. Keep me posted as you start getting closer to this part of your trip and I can give you another update.
    Thanks John, good to know. I’ll keep you posted for sure. Stoke level is HIGH.

On a smaller scale, should you decide to take US20 across the N. Cascades, one awesome route would be to take a ferry out to the Olympic Peninsula.

But before doing that, there's an option to take the Mountain Loop Highway from Darrington, along the Sauk River, over Barlow Pass and down to Granite Falls before heading to Mulkiteo and a ferry out to the Olympics. There's a ton of beautiful spots along the Mtn Loop. Like where the White River dumps into the Sauk as well as the unofficial campsites along the upper Sauk.

Goat Lake is gorgeous, there's some killer undeved campsites just downstream from Monte Cristo Lake. At Barlow Pass there's access to Gothic Peak/Basin, also worthy day hike.

Be aware that the ferries can get backed up on the weekends. Even on weekdays, sometimes a wait of a couple of hours is not unusual.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

BTW you are obligated to post up mag stoke on this odyssey
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    BTW you are obligated to post up mag stoke on this odyssey
    FKNA right……In other news, I have to remind myself I’m not going on an African safari, and if I forget something there’s these things called STORES I can stop by along the way…….
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

I've set aside the weekend to do some fun stuff, plenty to do: Hiking, climbing, fishing, 4x4 ing, drinking and smoking, whatevs ya wanna do. Or I can point you and send you out to do yer own thang.
    If ya wanna stay in town we can park you in the driveway and go from there.
    I'm trying to get us on some water with another local mag, Schwerty, but he's got a family and a life so not sure if he can swing it. He's a ton of fun to party with.
    And Mag Harry will be around for some fishing, playing, partying too.

I've set aside the weekend to do some fun stuff, plenty to do: Hiking, climbing, fishing, 4x4 ing, drinking and smoking, whatevs ya wanna do. Or I can point you and send you out to do yer own thang.
    If ya wanna stay in town we can park you in the driveway and go from there.
    I'm trying to get us on some water with another local mag, Schwerty, but he's got a family and a life so not sure if he can swing it. He's a ton of fun to party with.
    And Mag Harry will be around for some fishing, playing, partying too.
    Awesome! I’ll be in your zone sometime Friday…..PM me contact info and I’ll let you know when I’m close…..And Harry, if you see this lemme know where you’re planning on camping Saturday night, I think you said the Idaho side???? And Holy Shit packing for this is a PITA…….
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

less is more, bro

credit card, shades, camera, spare shorts, inebriants.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    less is more, bro

Right?!?! ^^^^^^That’s a good list.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    less is more, bro

Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Are you camping in Swan Valley Saturday night?

ZZZ - that all kinda depends on who has a boat to float. Life's getting in the way a bit but we're gonna do some shit, no matters whut.

Dang JC, that's one Gonzo list right there. I'd be down for some Peyote or Mescaline. A pint of raw ether has me laughing hard.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge,.
    -HST
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
    The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

ETA: DAMMIT, Buster!!