2017 guide ultimate brake lever issues

Seems the grom’s new bike (2017 Kona) has the problem with the brake levers getting hot and sticking. How did others take care of this? Bike was new old stock from Merlin cycles (to good a deal to pass up) in England……

Thanks in advance…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

common on guide brakes.

best is to replace the lever, sram MIGHT warranty it.

Or you can fuck around and sand some silly part, and try to make it work too.

replace the lever, or replace with shimano

Warranty them.

You can rebuild them yourself, but why bother when sram will just give you new ones.

Warranty all day long.

The piston and/or seals are the problem. Some were apparently made out of tolerance, and they possibly swell over time. The rebuild kits are like $28. My shop keeps them in stock and turns rebuilds around in a day or two. But yes sram will probably warranty them, if they have them available.

I rebuilt mine myself and it was pretty straightforward but you do have to take the whole lever apart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200528_142624191.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	377213

Talked w sram and they are going to warranty them since the bike was purchased in the fall. Thanks all….for now she’ll ride in the morning and evening, which is sane given the heat

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Wife's bike was having the same issue when it warmed up this spring. Local shop ordered the rebuild kits at $28 a piece. Bike is 3 yrs old and didn't buy it there so didn't ask about warranty. To my pleasant surprise I picked it up today and they got SRAM to warranty them! Only had to pay for a bleed. It was a good day.