Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    #1 after today! A bit disappointed to see Colbrelli get dropped at the end but happy with my Alaphillipe pick, can't wait to see the points roll in while he holds on to yellow for the foreseeable future.

Garth Bimble, you will be falling behind as Porte slaves away as a domestique. Not sure why you would pick him, he may have won the Dauphine but he said multiple times he would be riding for G!

EWG, you spent a lot of points on Woods who will be a non-factor in GC. We knew this would happen at some point with all the TT kms but 9 mins lost on stage 1.. geez. I hope for your sake that he can make something happen for stage wins since you spent a lot of points on him. I fear that since he's out for GC he will leave the second week to prepare for the olympics.

Kalisto, you don't have a GC rider on your team. Will be sad to see you drop in the standings as we hit the mountains.

TBS, also no GC rider?? I like a lot of your picks though. Looks like Hirschi is hurt though, might want to switch him out if you can.

Very cool to see all the support for Neilson Powless. He's such a cool rider and happy to have him representing the US. I hope they can let him loose to go for a stage or two from the break.

Congrats, dude
    I lingered over an Alaphilippe choice & decided against. He is the sort that can hang onto yellow until the ITT, maybe even through the ITT
    That’s going to garner some points for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Good to see the race finally start.
    12 of us on the TGR team, and we can now see who everyone picked for today's stage.
    I'll made a list of TGR names vs Fantasy names.
    I noticed a few of you didn't pick your "Stage Winner Bonus" rider from your team of 8. You can change who your bonus rider is everyday, that rider gets you double the stage points that day. So if its a sprint stage I will choose Sagan as my "Stage Bonus Winner" and he earns me double points for that stage. And the next day when it's a mountain stage I'll switch my Stage Bonus Winner to Froome to get me double points. You can change the Stage Bonus Rider from your team of 8 as many times as you want, it does not cost any points/budget.

FURIOUS PEDDLERS = :: :: (you did not pick a Stage Winner Bonus)
    DEE HUBBS = Dee Hubbs
    TGR SPANKY = Spanky (No Picks?)
    DOPED TO THE GILLS = Huckbucket
    TEAM EPO = EWG
    RIDING OFF TO GLORY = Garth Bimble
    FUCK YOU ASO = TBS
    KAT5 = Mrs Dee Hubbs
    KALISTO = Kalisto
    BENNEKE10 = Benneke10
    MOTOPSYCHA = Motopsycha
    JAYPOWHOUND = Jaypowhound (you did not pick a Stage Winner Bonus)
    Team epo = sirbumpsalot

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    #1 after today! A bit disappointed to see Colbrelli get dropped at the end but happy with my Alaphillipe pick, can't wait to see the points roll in while he holds on to yellow for the foreseeable future.

Garth Bimble, you will be falling behind as Porte slaves away as a domestique. Not sure why you would pick him, he may have won the Dauphine but he said multiple times he would be riding for G!

EWG, you spent a lot of points on Woods who will be a non-factor in GC. We knew this would happen at some point with all the TT kms but 9 mins lost on stage 1.. geez. I hope for your sake that he can make something happen for stage wins since you spent a lot of points on him. I fear that since he's out for GC he will leave the second week to prepare for the olympics.

Kalisto, you don't have a GC rider on your team. Will be sad to see you drop in the standings as we hit the mountains.

TBS, also no GC rider?? I like a lot of your picks though. Looks like Hirschi is hurt though, might want to switch him out if you can.

Very cool to see all the support for Neilson Powless. He's such a cool rider and happy to have him representing the US. I hope they can let him loose to go for a stage or two from the break.
    I plan to swap woods out because he won't get any gc points. He can be good for stage wins now...but that's a week off plus. I originally had sonny colbreli....but switched last minute to save a 50 pt credit swap on day 8....doof.....bad move. Now I may end up spending 100pts unless I pick another gc at 17 pts....which is limited.

Usually the big scorers load up with sprinters the first week and swap them for GC in the second week. So tbs and kalisto are probably doing that....

ALLEZ OPI-OMI

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    ALLEZ OPI-OMI
    Dude has gone into hiding (self imposed or forced?)

more like ADIOS OPI OMI

Wow I'm an idiot, didn't realize you could swap riders. I look forward to getting crushed this week by everyone who has a roster filled with pure sprinters

Wow I'm an idiot, didn't realize you could swap riders. I look forward to getting crushed this week by everyone who has a roster filled with pure sprinters
    Relax. Only idiots piss away valuable time on frivolous endeavors like this. You're in elite company when it comes to idiots.

Chapeau on the stage win.
    The Sheriff is near!

Welcome to TGR.....

You are limited to three sprinters at any time, so don’t stress.

It worked to your benefit with Roglic and Pogacar - they would not have been in the finish scrum without the field cut to 20 after the second crash.

In other news Marc Hirschi separated his shoulder in the first crash and is a start-time decision Sunday. Hopefully he can channel his inner Tyler Hamilton and ride thru it.

What an entertaining and hard fought stage today. Great racing.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I feel stupid. When/how does one swap riders? Says I have 400 points to use.

Chapeau to MVdP.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I feel stupid. When/how does one swap riders? Says I have 400 points to use.
    You can drop/pick up a rider at any point. it will cost you 50 points to change a rider.
    Example: Drop Froome from your team and regain 9 credits, and then buy another 9 point rider costs you 50 credits.
    Basically you have 8 changes like this (50 points x 8 = 400 points)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You can drop/pick up a rider at any point. it will cost you 50 points to change a rider.
    Example: Drop Froome from your team and regain 9 credits, and then buy another 9 point rider costs you 50 credits.
    Basically you have 8 changes like this (50 points x 8 = 400 points)
    Thanks man. Was obvious how to do this when I went back to it just now. I don't think the function was working immediately after the stage finished. The great Froome experiment clearly failed and he needed to be jettisoned. Beside, Asgreen is the same price. That guy has potential , especially when the team realize that plan A with Cav is a non-starter.

Both my GC guys hit the deck and lose time today & we haven’t contested the finish yet
    Ugh

This is getting ugly.
    The Sheriff is near!

Just carnage today

Holy crap...what a disaster.
    The Sheriff is near!

*spoiler*

fuck that was a shitshow. and here I thought I was going to win with Ewan.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    *spoiler*

fuck that was a shitshow. and here I thought I was going to win with Ewan.
    #metoo

absolutely heart wrenching seeing that many brutal crashes today. Hopefully no major injuries come out of it.

#methree

This fucking sport. Avoiding death shouln't be a prerequisite to winning (or competing the next day for that matter).

Roglic is my GC guy, Sagan/Ewan are my sprinters.

Good Times.

The Sheriff is near!