Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    And the early leader for most annoying commercial that NBCsn insists on running over and over and over again goes to rock star energy drinks. Almost enough to make me sign up for Eurosport.
    Spend $5 for Peacock Premium for the month and you can ditch the commercials. Plus you get Simon Gerrans whose voice is a bit odd to listen to, but who drops great info.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Spend $5 for Peacock Premium for the month and you can ditch the commercials. Plus you get Simon Gerrans whose voice is a bit odd to listen to, but who drops great info.
    I did not realize Peacock had the Eurosport coverage, and not the NBC bullshit coverage. Thanks for that tip.

Is it Premium or Premium Plus that doesn't have ads? Plus says no ads but is $10. Still worth it not to have to see that fucking commercial.
    The Sheriff is near!

2021 TDF Fantasy League SPOILER ALERT

I have the version of Peacock that comes free with my Xfinity cable package. So I assume it’s not the “plus”. I haven’t had a commercial since I switched over a 1/2 hour ago.

2021 TDF Fantasy League SPOILER ALERT

Do they intentionally play the same 5 super annoying commercials to push you into Premium Plus?

“I wasn’t born a Rockstar...I had to grind to shine”

Did’cha?

Running the same commercials has always been to standard for the TDF broadcast, going back 20 years. I remember when every break either had a Lincoln add with that snappy jazz number, or a Lance add drinking mich ultra, driving a subaru

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Do they intentionally play the same 5 super annoying commercials to push you into Premium Plus?

“I wasn’t born a Rockstar...I had to grind to shine”

Did’cha?
    I know I'm an old fart but is that guy really a rock star? I have no clue.
    The Sheriff is near!

One more thing...can we stop with the sob story about Van der Poel's fucking grandfather? For fucking christ sakes we know he was on the podium 8 times and never wore yellow, we've got it, you don't have tell us every time the guy is on the fucking screen.

Now get off my lawn.
    The Sheriff is near!

Pogacar is flying, should have given him stage win bonus today he looks unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Now get off my lawn.
    FIFY
    Get off NBC

paid the $30 or whatever for GCN racepass way early this year. VPN means every world tour race which has been excellent.

Big movement today in the standings by the big talkers.

I’m pleasantly surprised Roglic did so well today. Usually the 2nd day after a hard crash is more painful than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Big movement today in the standings by the big talkers.
    Are you as afraid of Mrs. Dee Hubbs as I am? She clearly knows her shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I’m pleasantly surprised Roglic did so well today. Usually the 2nd day after a hard crash is more painful than the first.
    I would not count him out yet. He's only 1:48 or 10th place behind the yellow.
    MVdP will leave after Stage 9, WVA will not keep up in the mountains.
    Thats leave Pogacar, Alaphilippe, and Lutsenko in podium spots. Roglic is only 0:27 off of Lutsenko.
    Anything can happen to Pogacar, he does not have the strongest team to support him, and is often isolated in the final climbs, all it takes is a mechanical on a climb. He also lost 0:50 last year on Stage 7 when his team got split in an echelon.
    There is still ALOT of racing to go.

Are you as afraid of Mrs. Dee Hubbs as I am? She clearly knows her shit.
    But quiet as a mouse when she wins. She does not win the first stage and then critique and criticize every other team. We've been here playing this game for years, we know what it takes to go 21 Stages.

I was just trolling, didn't mean to offend. I didn't even know the rules when I made that post I was just trying to spark a discussion. I have a big hole to crawl out from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I was just trolling, didn't mean to offend. I didn't even know the rules when I made that post I was just trying to spark a discussion. I have a big hole to crawl out from now.
    You're 5th in the pool, so you also have to crawl out of that position too.

I would not count him out yet. He's only 1:48 or 10th place behind the yellow.
    MVdP will leave after Stage 9, WVA will not keep up in the mountains.
    Thats leave Pogacar, Alaphilippe, and Lutsenko in podium spots. Roglic is only 0:27 off of Lutsenko.
    Anything can happen to Pogacar, he does not have the strongest team to support him, and is often isolated in the final climbs, all it takes is a mechanical on a climb. He also lost 0:50 last year on Stage 7 when his team got split in an echelon.
    There is still ALOT of racing to go.
    Oh no doubt. My heart is with Roglic this year. My brain is telling me- based on 5 opening stages - Pogacar is the better GC rider this year.
    - Stronger supporting cast this year, eg Maijka and Hirschi
    - Jumbo lost Gesink
    - Tony Martin has spent as much time on the floor as in the saddle.
    - I think Pogacar learned a lot last year, especially getting gapped. Rookie mistakes
    - Pogacar is a fucking beast in ITT.

But you are right - the race for GC started today. Lot of racing to go, and chaos is a constant

But quiet as a mouse when she wins. She does not win the first stage and then critique and criticize every other team. We've been here playing this game for years, we know what it takes to go 21 Stages.
    I’m always in awe of her down-roster picks. Year after year after year they are points machines.
    Schelling? Asgreen? Vingegaard? How does she come up with these?

And to think everyone was laughing about CAV's 18pt cost pre-tour! We should have been laughing about the cost to carry SAGAN!

I can't believe the old man did it again. I'm adding Cav to my team now, I hope this doesn't tank his prospects in future stages

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I can't believe the old man did it again. I'm adding Cav to my team now, I hope this doesn't tank his prospects in future stages
    Mtn stages coming up....time to dump the sprinters!

Dudes, 102 miles in 3 1/2 hours! Are you fucking kidding me? Avg speed was like 29.5 mph!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Are they still checking for motors?