What year are these?

I recently got these from someone who thought I might like them - not so much for skiing, but for the nostalgia. (I'm not sure I could even ski these, the camber profile is huge. They have more camber than my Nordic Europa 99's, by far.)

I've done some looking but can't really get an idea what year these might be.
    1976 seems to show some similar stuff, but IMO the bindings seem earlier vintage.

Glad for any info anyone has...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210611_175546.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	430.3 KB 
ID:	377013  

Tough to say exactly, it is from a time when graphics would run for 3-4 years. The Look Nevada's without the brakes indicate pre 1977 but the binding could have been an older on put on that ski. The orange/black/white ST was a "mid-late 70's" era. It was after the brown ST and prior to the silver/red/blue ones.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Those bring back fond memories of my youth. From the early 70s. Also if you skied anything under 200 you were a "woosey".

Mount them
    On the wall

Every time I ski nostalgia I say thank goodness for modern technology
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I recently got these from someone who thought I might like them - not so much for skiing, but for the nostalgia. (I'm not sure I could even ski these, the camber profile is huge. They have more camber than my Nordic Europa 99's, by far.)

I've done some looking but can't really get an idea what year these might be.
    1976 seems to show some similar stuff, but IMO the bindings seem earlier vintage.

Glad for any info anyone has...
    I owned a pair of those..bought slightly used in '77..good skis for many days '78- '80 at Taos ..then one of them broke in front of toe piece.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

75ish

Will the bindings accommodate an ISO 5355 sole boot? (Just in case I decide I want to get into ski-sadomasochism.)
    [Edited to add: I looked at them again, and they are the Nevada N17's - so late 60's]
    They might be fun to take out on a nice groomer day when I don't any anything better to do.

I just happen to have a Vermot ski release tester, so I can probably verify that the DIN settings are reasonable before trying that too.

Thanks all!
    (Ya old farts; though I'm not far behind.)

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    I owned a pair of those..bought slightly used in '77..good skis for many days '78- '80 at Taos ..then one of them broke in front of toe piece.
    Had some too. They broke in the same place on a nice day at Snowbird around 1980 or so.

The ST was a nice ski, the ROC was the serious one in the collection.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Bindings look to be about the time I started skiing or a bit before even. 1975 ish. Skis could be a bit newer but not much more than 1977 or 78 vintage??

I bought them new senior year of high school. I'm pretty certain 1973-1974 season.

I had their predecessor, the ST650 the year before, and always regretted getting rid of them for the Comps. Much better ski. I had Marker's mounted with hard soled boots, and a prelease was guaranteed at least a couple of times a day, for completely random reasons. To this day, I still get concerned about pre-release due to those clamps.

I bought this same combination in 1976 -

ski brakes were just coming to market as an optional add-on -

Paul got the gray/silver ST with N77s in 1978, so

I would say this combo. could have been from 1975 to 1977..

( the N17 had the roller on the heel ( I believe the heel piece was redesigned with the standardization of boot soles with the N77 ) )

Thanks for the memories - this was a sweet slalom ski -

skiJ

Ditto. I bought mine new in the fall of 1976. No brakes available for the N17s that year.

Also got the grey/blue/red ones in 78 so 77/78had to be the last year for the orange and black ones