Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    This is going to be nuts. Bikes and bodies are getting pulled apart! See that car that pulled on to the course and stopped in the middle of practice?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Cabirou is possibly out? Launched herself into the stratosphere on the road gap and ended up in the trees?
    I saw a vid with Dapréla who is supposedly racing and may have taken another big digger today. He's sporting 2 black eyes and a major lisp from the chunk of tongue he bit off. Totally casual about it.
    The course looks absolutely savage. Can't wait to watch the race. I'm heading out there in October for a month with the bike, I'm hoping the course is accessible so I can scare the shit out of myself just walking down the thing.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Fuck, i hope she's ok. She's smazing on the bike..... most of the time. I think and hope itll be her and Vali duking it out for years to come. Those 2 are just a few levels above the current crop of girls and a bunch of the guys in some sections

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Fuck, i hope she's ok. She's smazing on the bike..... most of the time. I think and hope itll be her and Vali duking it out for years to come. Those 2 are just a few levels above the current crop of girls and a bunch of the guys in some sections

Tahnee has looked really off pace the last year or so since her injury (can’t remember timing). Vali, Myriam, Marine and Nina seem like the top gals now.

Ya she doesnt seem mentally quite there yet. She's had a few hard knocks now. Miriam too and shes had some recent crashing too. When those 2 are on it they have the skills and experience. Nina is like the bulldog of the womens field. She's going to try and make it happen every time. Very determined. Style on the bike its Marine and Vali. So deep with skills. For me Cami is still a wild card. Obviously just a skilled athlete, stays on her bike and long legs to eat up all the holes. Who knows how good she'll be, shes already leading and not freaked about it. Womens racing in dh and enduro is pretty rad this year

Ya she doesnt seem mentally quite there yet. She's had a few hard knocks now. Miriam too and shes had some recent crashing too. When those 2 are on it they have the skills and experience. Nina is like the bulldog of the womens field. She's going to try and make it happen every time. Very determined. Style on the bike its Marine and Vali. So deep with skills. For me Cami is still a wild card. Obviously just a skilled athlete, stays on her bike and long legs to eat up all the holes. Who knows how good she'll be, shes already leading and not freaked about it. Womens racing in dh and enduro is pretty rad this year

Camille was on the Downtime podcast this week, really interesting to hear her story. She's a super gifted athlete, excelled at fencing, ice hockey (Swiss olympic team), she raced some EWS and did well, then moved into DH as a privateer and did pretty damn good until she got on a team. I think a lot of people thought her world champ title was meaningless due to the carnage on the course and the number of top ladies who were injured at the time but she confirmed that it wasn't a fluke in Leogang. She doesn't look super fast but she's consistent and probably still ramping up. Hope to see her in contention for the win throughout the season, the women's field is super deep right now and they're really fun to watch.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Camille was on the Downtime podcast this week, really interesting to hear her story. She's a super gifted athlete, excelled at fencing, ice hockey (Swiss olympic team), she raced some EWS and did well, then moved into DH as a privateer and did pretty damn good until she got on a team. I think a lot of people thought her world champ title was meaningless due to the carnage on the course and the number of top ladies who were injured at the time but she confirmed that it wasn't a fluke in Leogang. She doesn't look super fast but she's consistent and probably still ramping up. Hope to see her in contention for the win throughout the season, the women's field is super deep right now and they're really fun to watch.
    Id heard she had a sporfs background, didnt know it was to that level. A couple solid sports for baseline fitness and agility that id think would have a lot of skills that are useful snaking down a muddy dh track. Still impressed she can be at this level after only a few years on a bike. Really nice to see several potential winners. So hard to pick this race. So many sections and so many people looking good somewhere on course

Spent the last hour watching the Pinkbike, Vital, Fox, Bernard Kerr and Syndicate videos and I am even more stoked to watch the race... track looks so good. Hope they have good camera coverage!

Marine confirmed she's out, apparently she came out of her crash with only bruises which is miraculous considering how hard she landed. There are a couple videos from the road gap which are scary to watch, one where a guy just disappears into the trees and another in slo-mo showing a Commencal (I think) rider land and get folded by the impact. Plenty of rims have been sacrificed on the track so far...

Surprised to read that Balanche is already 31. Makes her move into DH and to the front of the women's pack all the more impressive.

Kind of following things, this track is badass. Top section so fast, technical muck, blind road gap. Dang

Wish there was a live stream for the qualifiers. Will be up early watching tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I wish the ews had this kind of coverage. Although a lot of the good coverage is from the ews racers. MGM(jesse,aln,remi), Gowan girls, and Jack. Jacks a funny dood. This is great. Sven is such a legend

He's not on my team but I'd love for Minnaar to take one more win

I picked him because hes often not that fast in time trial day. He blasted that last creek gap like a man on a mission and i figured he was on one early in the yr. Old dood may have blown is load, he was in the teens for quali. Its always been hard to know with the top guys. GM, Gwinn, Loic, Sam all seem to keep an ace up their sleeve. Scouting secret lines and laying down a shocker

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Has Gwin lost the fire? He seems more relaxed and happier than ever. He proved himself and now is just having fun?

I'm gonna tell my kids this was Dean Lucas
    Name:  miley-cyrus-dumb-n-dumber-haircut-ftr.jpeg
Views: 702
Size:  39.8 KB

Kolb. The Fiat. Holy Fuck, that was so sketch. Should NEVER happen, but seems like stupid shit always creeps into these things.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Ya that was a bad look. Could only be worse if the driver was holding up a sign

Pretty sure Gwinner got clipped last year. Lacking testosterone nowadays.
    Actually he looked good in a couple clips i saw yesterday,(i think on Moirs vid he mentions him). He didnt seem quite as focused as he usually is on the fox "dialed" vid. Another sneaky slayer though. He could light on up

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Has Gwin lost the fire? He seems more relaxed and happier than ever. He proved himself and now is just having fun?

I'm gonna tell my kids this was Dean Lucas
    Haha love Deaner, hilarious dude to follow, same with Jack.

I don't like counting him out but I kinda feel like Gwin is done. Yeah he had a 4th/6th (I think) last season but he just has not looked fast at all this year. I haven't listened to the podcast but apparently he was talking about the VPP suspension design not working great for him on Vital's Inside Line. Since his injuries (2019? 2018?) he's gotten married, built his dream home, invested (owner?) of IFR and some part of Intense itself and now seems to be living in Montana with the wife and training there? Just a shit load of life stuff, whereas Minnaar has his shit dialed and always builds up into the season effectively. Aaron looks fit for sure, but I dunno if he's doing road rides at 4:30am and riding mountain bikes every day in off season.

Gotta say, I really outdid myself this week.

Not great here. Guys got me ok points. Thought i was totally screwed on both.Totally missed it with my women pics

Not great here. Guys got me ok points. Thought i was totally screwed on both.Totally missed it with my women pics

I said to myself, pick troy. Sure, he's probably not gonna win. But he's super consistent, and after last race's poor showing, my team just needs some safe points. He'll get on the podium for sure.

So that didn't really work out for me.

And what's up with Valli crashing on the last turn again? That's the wrong kind of consistency.

Thirion is still the most entertaining though. McDonald was great too.

Such a crap shoot. So many talented riders and then add the weather. I mustve changed my pics 5 or 6 times. Lots of movement on the list. I guess thatll continue.
    Anyone going to snow shoe dbl header. That will be a hell of a party

It continues to be proven: I know shit about making a good fantasy DH team.

****SORT OF SPOILER****

Reece with the giant balls awards. Holy fuck, we was really going for it. If he had the same conditions as earlier riders he might have pulled it off. Dude's got some serious mojo.

Just cant ignore that dood. Reece is lighting it up. Daprela too. Those guys are going to do the unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    It continues to be proven: I know shit about making a good fantasy DH team.

****SORT OF SPOILER****

Reece with the giant balls awards. Holy fuck, we was really going for it. If he had the same conditions as earlier riders he might have pulled it off. Dude's got some serious mojo.
    Im just amazed he got up from that. Maybe he shoulda stayed down. Cant imagine he wasn't concussed af crossing the line.
    I got very lucky on the points, tried to take Daprela out and switch with Coulanges but must have forgot to save it.

He looked like he just got punched. Rode down from that crash on pure adrenaline for sure.