Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Damn it Myriam!

Happy for Vali though. She had a rough start to the season.

Well, Vali got her first win. Pompon would've easily taken it based on the splits until her crash. Will make the finals a bit more interesting, hope she didn't injure her hand.

Love North America races and being able to watch live. I wonder what the viewership numbers are like, would think higher with NA audience and Europe being able to watch during prime time as well. Not sure how many viewers they would lose in Asia/Australia/NZ.

Myriam had that pretty much in the bag, was pretty exciting good watching it live. Won't be able to watch mens live

Daprela. Holy fuck.

Damn that looked rough, glad he appears to be ok. Seems like a weird part of the track for an aluminum rim to blow up, maybe it hit a rock with the front loaded at an angle and hung up with full intertia/weight on it? Low spoke tensions for wheel compliance in the rocks?

Season just blew wide open...

as did that wheel.

I've watched the replay a bunch and it's tough to tell chicken and egg.. did the bead break on the tire and the rim blow up, or vice versa... and if it's the latter, wtf was up with that wheel.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Kinda looked like it slid a bit, turned, and then hung on a rock at just the wrong time.

But yeah, Saturday's race will be really interesting for the overall title. In both the men's and women's races.

I had myriam, greg, and daprela.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I had myriam, greg, and daprela.....lol
    That makes me feel a little better about my picks. But not much.

One the upside, most of the guys that I almost put on my team didn't do great either.

O hung w Vali but i had danny for my big $ pick. Chuck and Benoit did ok though. Roll of the dice on that track. Super Bruni is so ridiculously smooth. Great to watch. Reece too, u had to think he was going to uncork one sooner or later.
    Commencal is on enve this year. I dont like the ride of C rims personally and i like C rims less now. Catastrophic failure isnt domething i want on any part but headtubes, bars and front rims have to be up near the top of the list. Alu would have folded but id take that over exploding any day

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Holy shit, Cabirou usually takes quali dead serious so Pompon aint playin!! Vali just chillin so prob 2nd after Pompons win tomorrow. Pompon is on another level atm

Daprela and Hart with DNF's. Hopefully those were flat tires and not horrendous crashes.

Bruni's not fucking around with this one.

kept myriam and swapped to bruni and coulanges, hopefully that selection holds up somewhat for finals, even though I kinda hope Finn can put it together finally!

Dear lawd, Bruni 1.5 seconds ahead then the next 3 guys in the same second? Let's hope the rain stays away and it's a real race, not some survival rock sliding...
    Myriam is out of this world this season. I really hope she takes the overall, girl has more than paid her dues by now.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Kinda looked like it slid a bit, turned, and then hung on a rock at just the wrong time.

But yeah, Saturday's race will be really interesting for the overall title. In both the men's and women's races.
    Seen a couple of vids. Def loses the tire off the rim, and is off line into a monster rock, with bascially no protection. I really dont think many rims stand up to that.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2127...27644817311105. You can hear the puncture before the clang of rim on carbon
    https://imgur.com/a/9Faz4vJ - you can see the rim off the tire in the air here.

I could recommend that hack sone good inserts and tires

Fack. Sounds like daprela broke his ankle in qualies. Bummed for him, his overall ranking, and my fantasy team.

Shit hope it heals well. That guy is action jackson on 2 wheels. Any word on Danny. Vero widman had her ankle wrapped when they took her off course, possibly same injury for her. Hopefully Danny just got schwalbead

Jackson Goldstone has a video of Thibaut's crash on his IG. Big slammer. He comes out of a corner, nails a root that throws him off his line, foot comes of the pedal, he gets halfway off the bike and nails a big old cube of rock. OTB into more rocks and back on his feet right away, he kinda walked it off but he looked pretty wobbly. Super bummed for him if he can't race, that's a sad way to lose the overall. He needs a fucking break though, he spent the whole season slamming into shit. He's 20, plenty of time to win if his body can keep up.

Edit: Bulldog took a mean digger in the same spot, he clipped a pad and got launched HARD. These dudes are tanks.
    Last edited by Boissal; 09-17-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Yeah, that was a gnarly crash.

Almost all of the world cup dh guys are tanks. Anyone riding at that level has taken their fair share of hard hits. The guys that aren't tanks get naturally filtered out - they spend too much time being injured to rise to the top.

Bummed for TD. Bummed for my team too
    - but for him that’s a shitty way to go out of a killer season.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I could recommend that hack sone good inserts and tires

Pretty sure you can see his Cushcore in the photo!

His injury sucks, but he definitely reminds me of Pierron, riding the ragged edge alot more than someone like Loris/Loic. He will have to tone it back if he wants to win the overalls.

Woosh! You correct though, on all of it

Goddamnit Myriam.

Brutal end for Myriam who was riding totally in control to get the overall up until the slide out… glad I hung onto Vali! Also the swearing in the interview was hilarious haha.