Dog GPS Tags/Collars

Not sure if what I am after exists but here It goes.... Been reading about the tags and gps collars a bunch but not sure what fits my needs.... anyone with experience?
    Ranger is an avid biker, on great voice control BUT, occasionally he’ll disappear at a trail split or I’ll just get a little overzealous with my speed and zoom ahead...
    What I want :
    Pure gps, goes on dog, gets switched on, look at my phone - a map? An app? An app map? And there is a little beacon showing me where he is at.... I guess similar to “find my iPhone”?

What I don’t need/want
    Activity tracker
    Base station requirement
    Ideally don’t want to have monthly service requirement to work

Seems like the most reviewed and discussed ones are more tech than I want / need...
    I guess my point is - the simpler the better.

Thoughts?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Check spot on and halo. Both fit your bill and both have geofencing for anytime/anywhere pet fence.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

If you have an iPhone sounds like they have a product. You want to use phone so assuming you have service where you ride.

Coyote hunters around here use radio collars. Not familiar so don’t know weight.

Our weimareiner responds well to audible tones in her garmin collar that so far has yet to go out of range, you’re overthinking it with gps