Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best gear swap purchase

Ladies and gents

Explain your best gear swap purchase and why ?

I will dig for photos and explain what has became my gold or your old trash.

I was turned onto Freeride Systems jackets in Gear Swap. The best jacket I have ever used!
    John

www.ReRax.net/index.html ... The Smarter way to carry gear!

Once I get the order form set up, FKNA sun shirts will be the best purchase you ever made anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

2014 Volkl Katanas from AEV…

202cm lotus 138 from UAN

Riding a unicorn makes me happy
    . . .

A jacket that didn’t come with a powder skirt
    27° 18°

Rasta igneouses from Conundrum, he left them on my back steps or in the unlocked laundry porch in the back because I was out skiing. Got my ass kicked by them, hauled balls on them, shared a lift with wild bill and had him tell me about his 205 igneouses he was skiing on dynafits. Then after 10 years I traded them back in a 3 way trade for a softer pair from cantdog, the new ones are goofy fun.

I bought a signed copy of Deep Powder Snow from cybercop.

And a pair of rockered proto 192 bros from atrain. Those changed my skiing for the better and I got 100+ days on them before breaking one. Picked up a single from DTM. Broke that one the next season but man those skis were fun. Had several people tell me I was lucky to have them in the tramline. They were right.

the PSA for the OR Ascendant hoodie for 39.95 was nice. should've bought 2...or 3

Wood grain 192 protest from cascade Luke. So many great powder days on them. Had 187 and they just did not gel. He gave me a great deal and they are so fun. Lots of complements on praxis build.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    194 Scot Schmidt pros from pfluff; I definitely got my money's worth out of those.

Plenty of PSAs I've been able to take advantage of over the years; thanks to everyone for posting them up.

The PSA for the Groupon for cat skiing at Big Red Cats, years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

3 way tie
    Rossi fks15 pivots new for $55 PSA
    Dakine double concourse $39 PSA
    My group buy of Squallywood for $8

Life of a repo man is always intense.

Lotus120s for Hoarey.
    Skied a whole lots of of incredible days on those sticks. They opened my eyes to the potential for big skis in the BC and completely changed my skiing.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    mine was '98 or so gart sports skiagrab swap
    new unmounted 190 atomic powder cruises
    $99 mooched a pair of tryo sp demos off sillytude
    like he said above changed where and how i was gonna ski 4evavars
    it was a fatty for the time and you can only look out hwy or fantasey and see untracked lines in wolverine with fat pow sticks on your feet for so long till ya
    figure out how and what ya need to do to git there
    fuck those with alpine treckers purple bd skins and orange tecnica tnts with no walk mode skinned like ass
    good thing was i didnt know and there wasnt much better then
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The PSA for the Groupon for cat skiing at Big Red Cats, years ago.
    I went and that was great PSA for sure

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Some great PSA's for sure--

Cool blue Salomon STH 14 from sac, $110 I think, limit 3 pairs
    Dynastar XXL from sac I think, maybe $300?
    Blizzard Bodacious vintage 2013 from Sierra, sub $300 (still rockin)

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Rasta igneouses from Conundrum, he left them on my back steps or in the unlocked laundry porch in the back because I was out skiing. Got my ass kicked by them, hauled balls on them, shared a lift with wild bill and had him tell me about his 205 igneouses he was skiing on dynafits. Then after 10 years I traded them back in a 3 way trade for a softer pair from cantdog, the new ones are goofy fun.
    My best purchase was actually buying those skis back from Conundrum this summer. I sold them to Daywalker as my first post ever on TGR, who passed them to Conundrum and on to you!

A PSA on $100 4 flex Protests. They have been fun

$175 for 191 Veneer BGs from Bandit Man. I'd been watching his sales for years and we had similar taste in skis. Turned out we both worked at the same company and had a ton in common. Not only did I score my favorite skis, but ended up with a good friend out of it too.

The two pair of new old stock lotus 138s that Marshal sold to my brother and I for a song is far and and away the most smiles per dollar purchase i've made in a long. time.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I wish I could remember the mag that hooked me up.

He had 2 different sized feet (like me) and bought 2 pairs of Scarpa Mobe's (different sizes). His feet happened to be the opposite of mine size-wise and sold me a brand new pair of boots that are the best fitting boots I've ever had. The price was ridiculously low (under a hundo). Thanks again to whoever it was.

Cochise 130 Pro shells only for $50. They’d been punched, but that didn’t matter because I needed to blow them out a ton anyways. And they came with both pairs of sole blocks. Favourite boots ever.
    PSA for Big Red Cats and STH16 Steels from snowinn.com
    185 Nordica Blowers from BLS. They broke my streak of buying terrible skis.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Multiple pairs of skis from someone who would probably rather not be named. You know who you are and I love you.

Tied with BGs from ski_da_pow, because they're BGs. Still probably my favorite ski...yet.

Kastle BMX 108 blems with demo bindings, after first season out, Hugo Harrison version. Pretty sure it was mtlion but cant remember who I got them off of. I fucking loved those skis, I am a full on Kastle fan boy now. Still ski the TX107 and BMX108 as daily drivers.

Was introduced to Flylow by landing some ski pants, that gear fits me right and they have a great repair department.

the best gear swap of all time was addimen / adamantium’s (?) dynafit group buy. that was legendary and i think kicked off more touring setups than all the dealers in the states combined. if i remember some were talking lawsuits and stuff. the paperwork must have been a nightmare too.

i wish i could remember his name and haven’t seen him around here for ages, but that was legendary.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi