Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Sold the giant for $500 in a day. Should have asked more I guess

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Selling my 2020 Yeti Sb130, Medium, C1. Pretty much stock, Guide brakes, GX drivetrain, DT Swiss 1900 wheelset, like new DHF/Agressor, DPX2 shock, 36 Performance fork, Cascade link. New intense dropper, e thirteen bars and stem. Wheels, suspension, and derailleur/shifter have minimal use, I upgraded these parts and swapped the upgrades over to my 150, put the stock stuff back on. Frame had a couple of small paint only scrapes on rear triangle, touched up with Yeti paint. New bearings May '22.
    Last edited by rightcoast; 08-02-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Opinions on these two?

1. Argon 18 Gallium Pro rim brake road bike, ~2016 model, carbon frame and full Dura-Ace in really nice condition, with budget Chinese carbon wheelset.

2. Giant AC Air full suspension mtb, ~2002 model, good condition except fork is busted and probably needs to be replaced.
    Got a quote on the Argon 18 for $2700 CAD (around $2K USD) from a Canadian outfit similar to The Pro's Closet. Does this seem good? I was kind of hoping for more, but I guess the market for high end rim brake, mechanical shifting, non-e road bikes isn't so strong right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Got a quote on the Argon 18 for $2700 CAD (around $2K USD) from a Canadian outfit similar to The Pro's Closet. Does this seem good? I was kind of hoping for more, but I guess the market for high end rim brake, mechanical shifting, non-e road bikes isn't so strong right now.
    What size is the Argon 18?

$3800? I'd be stoked to walk with $3500.

2019 Transition Patrol large XO1
    Fox 38 Factory
    Fox DPX2 Performance Elite (not pictured Ext Storia)
    Stan's Flow MK3 wheelset with DHF/DHR2 Double-Down 3C tires. (not pictured Line Pro 30 carbon wheels)
    SRAM Code RSC w/200 rotors
    XO1 derailluer and crank; GX cassette (supply chain), and XX1 oil slick chain (supply chain).
    SRAM Descendant carbon cranks

Assume everything is in well-used for 3000 miles condition. Components are used, but have been replaced and maintained regularly. Some scratches here and there with some paint repairs of rubbed paint. Ride Wrapped since day 1.

Am I way off?

I'll update the pics soon.

Newer one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211020_004608097.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	422975

Old one

Attachment 386488
    sproing!

Selling my high school kid's 2016 Niner Jet9. I've had the carbon frame repaired once and it has another crack from a recent crash, Broken Carbon in Boulder is quoting $500 to fix. Think it's worth listing or better to part it out?

Super light (25-26lbs), I9 wheelset, recently upgraded XX1 11-speed drivetrain. I was thinking about listing for $1200 - that would be $1700 after the repair for a pretty nice, light xc bike. But, not sure anyone would buy a bike needing a frame repair. Thoughts?

There's no way anyone's paying over $1k for a seven year old bike with a cracked carbon frame that's already been repaired once. You could part it out, but I doubt the parts are going to sell for all that much (I'm assuming non boost wheels and a fork with skinny stanchions). If it were me I'd either fix the frame and keep it around as a loaner, or buy a cheap frame, swap the parts over, and sell it for whatever you can get.

That Niner would sell for $2k in a hot minute in Utardia. Perfect bike for a HS XC racer and the half the kids in the state are on HS XC teams these days.

These two polar opposite responses are the exact thoughts that have been going through my head.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    What should I list Mrs C's old Ibis Ripley for? It's evolved over time into a completely custom build.

2014 (original version), large frame, carbon (they all were), with a spare bearing kit for all frame bearings
    Fox Performance Elite 34 fork, 130mm travel, new in 2019
    Fox DPS Evol shock, new in 2018
    1x11 drivetrain: Shimano XT shifter, SLX derailleur, Sunrace 11-46 cassette, SRAM Descendant GXP crank with 28T SRAM direct mount chainring
    Shimano SLX brakes, 180/160 rotors
    Mavic Crossmax SLR wheels, Maxxis HR2 front, Ardent rear, decent tread
    Tranz X dropper, 125mm, external routing
    Pro carbon riser handlebar
    Cane Creek 40 headset
    Saddle TBD - she'll keep the women's specific one

It has quite a few scratches. She's dropped it a lot. No hard crashes, just a lot of dropping or scraping on rocks.
    I listed it for $2200, see what happens. Thoughts?
    https://reno.craigslist.org/bik/d/re...516862836.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by aBradAbroad View Post
    NEW ENTRY: thinking of selling my 2018 Yeti SB5.5 turq (w/ factory 34/dpx2 and X01 drivetrain) to get something newer/longer but just dabbling with the idea. The 20 bikes or so I have saved on pinkbike haven't budged in weeks, so market seems to clearly be softening or just not moving. One scuff on top tube been retouched with the official paint. Cushcore in the back. Everything works. Thoughts on listing it for $3500-4k?

This bike sold for $3700 on pinkbike FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    $3800? I'd be stoked to walk with $3500.

2019 Transition Patrol large XO1
    Fox 38 Factory
    Fox DPX2 Performance Elite (not pictured Ext Storia)
    Stan's Flow MK3 wheelset with DHF/DHR2 Double-Down 3C tires. (not pictured Line Pro 30 carbon wheels)
    SRAM Code RSC w/200 rotors
    XO1 derailluer and crank; GX cassette (supply chain), and XX1 oil slick chain (supply chain).
    SRAM Descendant carbon cranks

Assume everything is in well-used for 3000 miles condition. Components are used, but have been replaced and maintained regularly. Some scratches here and there with some paint repairs of rubbed paint. Ride Wrapped since day 1.

Am I way off?

I'll update the pics soon.

Newer one:

Old one
    I'm no expert but the bikes I've had saved on my Pinkbike wishlist aren't moving at all. I probably have 20 bikes saved for between 4k-7k and none of them have moved in weeks. I just bought a SB130 TLR. Market seems to be slowing down a bit or just on pause. Those patrols are supposed to be a riot and pretty niche with 27.5 and coil shock, but I'd bet with patience for the right buyer you get something with a 3-handle.

I'm no expert but the bikes I've had saved on my Pinkbike wishlist aren't moving at all. I probably have 20 bikes saved for between 4k-7k and none of them have moved in weeks. I just bought a SB130 TLR. Market seems to be slowing down a bit or just on pause. Those patrols are supposed to be a riot and pretty niche with 27.5 and coil shock, but I'd bet with patience for the right buyer you get something with a 3-handle.
    Yeah, I think we've pretty abruptly returned to "normal" used bike pricing. People are still asking for inflated prices, but for the most part those bikes aren't selling. A bike that would've sold for $5k last winter is now probably gonna sell for around $4k, or even a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah, I think we've pretty abruptly returned to "normal" used bike pricing. People are still asking for inflated prices, but for the most part those bikes aren't selling. A bike that would've sold for $5k last winter is now probably gonna sell for around $4k, or even a little less.
    Thanks guys - that's my impression too, based on what I paid for the Spire I just picked up. That pricing/market glut seems especially pronounced on bikes over $4k. I'm hoping by offering in the 3000s, it'll get quicker action. I'll post it up once it cleaned, components swapped on, and ready for sale.

But then you read about that 2018 Yeti...we'll see.
    sproing!

I think its true that most people spending over $4k now don't want to buy a used bike, they'd rather pony up a few extra $$ and buy new. $3k and below seems like the sweet spot for selling used bikes where you can get a decent bit better value buying a used bike.

I feel that what you all are saying is accurate, which is why I am curious what to ask for my sb130. A year ago I'd throw it up for 5k and see if someone bit, but not going to do that now

Need to sell my Univega Alpina 500 as I moved to an eBike. Blue Book say's $150ish but that's BB. Seen one sell for $450 on the net but that's the net. What does the community say?
    https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/valu...product/57985/

Name:	Nnivega bike.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	423430
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I think there are better options than selling it…

Do you have a local used bike shop you can turn it in for store credit?

Is there a local non-profit that you can donate it too?

Do you know someone heading to college in the spring and need a whip?

Maybe put $150 into it and make it a kick ass bar bike - short stem, riser bars, single speed…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Don't need bike shop credit. Don't need a tax deduction. Need $$. Thinking of listing on CL for $150 but I don't know what I have. Diamond or just another bike. The 1996 $549 MSRP is $1000 today so not a cheap bike. I bought it for $40.

Sold my Butaco Alpina 10 years ago for $900, the buyer flipped it for $1200 and it would be worth $3000 in today's market. Fool me once.......

I'd call that a $150 bike. Maybe $200 if everything is in really good shape (but those sidewalls look ready to die) or you're near a college where new students are desperate for bikes.

Hard to imagine getting $450 for that other than during peak covid bike shortage times when everyone was trying to get out there. Are you talking about this pinkbike listing?: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3051060/
    Yeah...that one has been super pimped out (drivetrain alone is worth $150) AND sold on the tail end of bikes being a super hot commodity.

Good bike, but ultimately "just another bike". If you had a rockhopper/stumpjumper from the same time, you might be more likely to stumble on someone willing to pay a premium for an unmolested original vintage frame.

Gotcha. I'll try CL for $200 Alex.

2019 (2018?) Rocky Mountain Instinct C70 XL. It was a official rocky mountain demo bike before I bought it and I have about 700 miles on it. All stock.

Name:	PXL_20201016_205555157.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	423441

I’ve got a Kona Jake (aluminum frame) with a mix of dura ace/ultegra 2x11, carbon cranks, bars and a record ti post. Performance wheels, Paul’s canti’s. Lots of room for big tires. Carbon fork. 60cm frame. Would make a great gravel bike but no discs. Is 1k ridiculous?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

What does the collective think a fair price for this frame is?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3342163/

Backstory: I got my kid a 2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude XS back in the spring. It's a good bike and while he's been fine on it, the standover is a little high and in general I feel like he's just never jived super well with the bike. That Bronson frame has been for sale since May so I could probably get the guy to come down on price. The standover is way lower (692 mm vs. 814 mm) and going to a carbon frame would probably drop some decent weight. I could sell the shock that's on it plus some take-offs from the Altitude (shock, fork, wheels, brakes) and maybe the Altitude fame itself (I don't want to count on this too much as there's a limited market for XS frames, but I'd price it to sell) and probably break even more or less. I figure the Bronson will also probably have higher resale value down the line.

But, I don't want to overpay for the Bronson either and it looks to have a fair amount of cosmetic wear/issues for the price, age, and the supposedly "very low miles." I've confirmed that it's still available. The ad doesn't specify C or CC frame, but I'm guessing C and have a question into the seller to confirm. Thoughts?