Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    'Bout tree-fiddy.

Is 3k crazy? Can't decide. I'd happily bro deal 2750. Also think I could potentially get more. Guess it all depends on who wants it

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Sweet bike

Ok—I got one. XL revel rascal purchased 10/20. 500 mi on it. GX AXS shifting, Pike Ultimate and super deluxe ultimate rear shock. RW30/hydra wheels. Great shape, one small paint chip at rear through axle. What says the crowd? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1652191186.080765.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	415860 needing a whip with more stack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Ok—I got one. XL revel rascal purchased 10/20. 500 mi on it. GX AXS shifting, Pike Ultimate and super deluxe ultimate rear shock. RW30/hydra wheels. Great shape, one small paint chip at rear through axle. What says the crowd? Click image for larger version. 

Wheel size?

Is the fork on that rascal set at 140mm? You could bump it up to 150 to get some more stack (slackens the angles and raises bb though). Sounds like lots of folks like it at 150. I'm also on a rascal and am just barely ok with the stack- sometimes wish I'd cut the steerer a little longer. Have it at 140.

Quote Originally Posted by NT View Post
    Is the fork on that rascal set at 140mm? You could bump it up to 150 to get some more stack (slackens the angles and raises bb though). Sounds like lots of folks like it at 150. I'm also on a rascal and am just barely ok with the stack- sometimes wish I'd cut the steerer a little longer. Have it at 140.
    Yep—set at 140. Was thinking of doing the same or trying out a fox36. Also wish I had more steerer tube. Looking at the stumpy evo which has a 2cm taller stack in the s6.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post

I'd say somewhere around $5500. Maybe a little more. If listing on pinkbike, I'd put it a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by NT View Post
    I’m tempted to try this on my Rascal but afraid to change the angles since I absolutely love the bike. Stack is okay for me I just find I’m maxing out the fork a lot even with different combos of pressure and tokens
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I’m tempted to try this on my Rascal but afraid to change the angles since I absolutely love the bike. Stack is okay for me I just find I’m maxing out the fork a lot even with different combos of pressure and tokens
    What fork? Maybe a Runt could solve your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    What fork? Maybe a Runt could solve your problems.
    Pike Select, so very limited on the adjustments. I was considering adding a Push HC97 but the Runt actually seems like it'd be more suited to what I'm looking for - that's a good call. When I have enough air and tokens to minimize bottom outs off "bigger" hits I feel like I get bucked all over the place in chunk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

As someone with a Runt in a 150mm Pike you will not be disappointed. Best upgrade I ever did to my bike.

I suck at pricing and selling stuff. Anyone care to give me an opinion on what this bike is worth?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Cruz-Hightower
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

Quote Originally Posted by natebob View Post
    I suck at pricing and selling stuff. Anyone care to give me an opinion on what this bike is worth?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Cruz-Hightower
    I sold a very similar Hightower for $3800 three or four years ago. On one hand, used bike prices are insane right now. On the other hand, your bike is 4 years old and is the prior generation Hightower. I'd say somewhere in the $3500 range is probably about right.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I sold a very similar Hightower for $3800 three or four years ago. On one hand, used bike prices are insane right now. On the other hand, your bike is 4 years old and is the prior generation Hightower. I'd say somewhere in the $3500 range is probably about right.
    Thanks for the info. I don't know if it means anything, but that's about what bike blue book puts it at.
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

I know little to nothing about bikes, so here we go. Both of these bikes belong to my wife and have been sitting in the basement unridden and taking up space for at least 3-4 years. She got them both from one of her cousins who was big into bikes a few years ago. Its a Quattro Assi and a Trek 5000. Wife is under the impression that the quattro assi was a sought-after bike in its day? Maybe something like an original legend pro? Anyways, what are we dealing with here? They are both tiny bikes...the Trek is 47" and the Quattro is about the same size. The Quattro has Campagnolo components and the Trek has Shimano. Need to clear out some room in the basement and get wife a bike that we can strap a kid seat to or hook up a kid trailer to that will be a bit more comfortable for her to cruise around town.

Name:  quattro1.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  trek1.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  115.1 KB

I would not say either is worth a bunch of money. Old, dated drive trains will make it expensive to upgrade and hard to find replacement parts. The new trend is larger tires which these likely cannot accommodate.

3-500 each?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

What’s my bike worth?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3691.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	417291

Name:	IMG_3693.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	417292

Is $140 unreasonable. C’mon CL!!??
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I would not say either is worth a bunch of money. Old, dated drive trains will make it expensive to upgrade and hard to find replacement parts. The new trend is larger tires which these likely cannot accommodate.

3-500 each?
    I'd say on the lower end if you expect them to move in a few weeks / month. Both are fine riders but you have a limited market for people of smaller stature, people that are OK with something 10-15 years old. $250 a pop feels more realistic if they aren't dialed/tuned up with fresh cables/pads. They're sadly in that weird spot where they are old but not yet "vintage".

Found this tucked in the way back corner of a local shop. On consignment. Lots going on here…Rev-x wheels, Sachs rear derailleur, Litespeed post and stem, Purple ano king headset, and yes… Paris Roubaix fork.

Kid behind the counter called the owner to find out asking price. Haven’t heard back yet. What do you think? guesses welcome.

Name:	26B903AA-57D7-43BC-A8CF-A02659EBCBEF.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	785.0 KB 
ID:	417327

Lol...that's a fucking wild ride. What was the fucking build purpose of this...exploding wheels and front suspension? Worth the price of the frame, stem and seatpost.

What’s my bike worth?

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Found this tucked in the way back corner of a local shop. On consignment. Lots going on here…Rev-x wheels, Sachs rear derailleur, Litespeed post and stem, Purple ano king headset, and yes… Paris Roubaix fork.

Kid behind the counter called the owner to find out asking price. Haven’t heard back yet. What do you think? guesses welcome.

Name:	26B903AA-57D7-43BC-A8CF-A02659EBCBEF.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	785.0 KB 
ID:	417327
    I’m going to say with a normal fork in a wide market (listed online), that’s a $800 bike. Hard to say if they will come in way above or not.

Frame itself would probably go for $400-500? It’s not the highest frame set in Litespeeds 1990s lineup so it doesn’t have command the prices some of the racier frames so. Surprisingly those wheels still have a following. I sold a pair on eBay three years ago for like $150?

I have a feeling whoever built this stallion is emotionally attached and is going to ask top dollar. I’m guessing $1800 asking, which will be $1200 too much.

Got the call from the shop… owner wants $2000. I think it will sit in that corner for a while!

If that was my shop I’d tell the owner to come take it home.