Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 117
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    A story about this…
    I’m in Maui diving with an old friend who lives near Hana. One day on a shore dive we come out on this really nice beach, and see a topless Wrangler out in the surf, and a couple having a somewhat animated discussion - well, she was the most animated, he was just standing there heads down.

    It turns out they were on their honeymoon and husband decided it would be fun to drive on the beach at low tide. Never mind the rental contract sez Don’t Take This Vehicle Off The Pavement. He got it stuck, the tide came back in and the water was up to the doors. Every wave that hit it would deposit little fish in the cockpit.

    Buddy agrees to attempt a rescue (using his rusted out mid-80s F150 & winch) for a price of $100 to even try and another $200 if we succeed - which we did. I was surprised the guy carried that kind of cash around…

    When Wrangler is back on solid ground buddy asks the husband “you like this rig a lot brah?”
    “Yea, it’s OK”
    “Enough to buy it from the rental agency and ship it back to LA? Because if they find out what happened that Jeep is yours.”
    Wife’s eyes get big…
    “Uhh, no, not that much.”

    “So, Go -now - to the Napa store in Kahului. Get a set of sockets and end wrenches. Then go to the do-it-yourself car wash about three blocks from there. Take out the seats and floorboards. Wash and dry that interior real good. Then get underneath and make sure there is no seaweed hanging off the undercarriage. Then immediately take it back to the rental agency and exchange for something else.”

    We had a really nice dinner that night with the proceeds. Still wonder whether that couple is still together.
    My uncle had a brand new Jeep CJ on Nantucket for 2 years and sent it to the scrapyard after the 2nd year. His family left it at the beach at low tide. Spent a full tide out there before they got it back. Literally sat on a sand dune for 2 years getting blasted by sand and salt air before dying.

    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,978

    Has anyone bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and regretted it?

    Moored a YJ in distress today as this GP thread is going:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3096.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	376768

    Thing died in front of my apartment on the road. Young owner dude managed to get it to the center lane where they tried to jump it. Had plenty of juice to turn (figures ) but no gas/spark.

    I helped them push it into place in the parking lot. Here at my apt. They’ll fix or move her tomorrow.

    Can’t stop ogling it just a bit. They sure are cool even in modest trim.

    She’s a 95 with a 2.x 4pot and a 5 spd. Looks pretty stock which is fun to find these days for that era.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,978

    Has anyone bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and regretted it?

    Sry double can’t delete
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    My wife didn't believe the Sean Penn story, but I do.

    For the record, even if it's bullshit, it's a great story.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    #metoo
    Oh, it's real.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Oh, it's real.
    again, amazing....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    13,553
    Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Oh, it's real.
    You probably tell it better than I did. Great tale.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Look, Bentley has one specifically for falconers, but I figured you cheap fucks wouldn't mind a older RR with an aftermarket kit. I guess I was wrong.

    Yo Bobby!

    How many Falconry Mulliner Bentayga orders have you taken, or has it been the more pedestrian donk-spec order up in Nashvegas?
    I still call it The Jake.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Moored a YJ in distress today as this GP thread is going:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3096.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	376768

    Thing died in front of my apartment on the road. Young owner dude managed to get it to the center lane where they tried to jump it. Had plenty of juice to turn (figures ) but no gas/spark.

    I helped them push it into place in the parking lot. Here at my apt. They’ll fix or move her tomorrow.

    Can’t stop ogling it just a bit.
    My guess is he ran out of gas.

    Did you notice if it had a falcon perch in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo Bobby!

    How many Falconry Mulliner Bentayga orders have you taken, or has it been the more pedestrian donk-spec order up in Nashvegas?
    I'd bet if any Bentley salesperson has sold one here in US, it's Bobby. Dude is a go-getter.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Moored a YJ in distress today as this GP thread is going:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3096.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	376768

    Thing died in front of my apartment on the road. Young owner dude managed to get it to the center lane where they tried to jump it. Had plenty of juice to turn (figures ) but no gas/spark.

    I helped them push it into place in the parking lot. Here at my apt. They’ll fix or move her tomorrow.

    Can’t stop ogling it just a bit. They sure are cool even in modest trim.

    She’s a 95 with a 2.x 4pot and a 5 spd. Looks pretty stock which is fun to find these days for that era.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The fuel pump is in the gas tank. It’s a pricey repair. Known to happen
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,291
    I dunno. Just looking at the way that thing is parked, it doesn't look like the fuel pump.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    13,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I dunno. Just looking at the way that thing is parked, it doesn't look like the fuel pump.
    Probably needs bigger tires.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,291
    That's a given. Sean Penn wouldn't be caught dead in that.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

    I'd bet if any Bentley salesperson has sold one here in US, it's Bobby. Dude is a go-getter.
    Shit, I bet Bobby's sold two by now. Money never sleeps.



    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's a given. Sean Penn wouldn't be caught dead in that.
    For sure not Sean, but maybe a lesser actor from the late 80s? Maybe Scott Baio?
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    18,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's a given. Sean Penn wouldn't be caught dead in that.
    He's more of a CJ-3A type.

    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,291
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Shit, I bet Bobby's sold two by now. Money never sleeps.
    I wonder if he's ever sold anything to Sean Penn or Scott Baio? He probably won't dish, but I bet Bobby's contact list is a who's who of movie stars.

    https://twitter.com/scottbaio/status/886376188729372672
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I wonder if he's ever sold anything to Sean Penn or Scott Baio? He probably won't dish, but I bet Bobby's contact list is a who's who of movie stars.
    Well, with New Ashlee setting the hook and Bobby reeling them in, I think it's safe to say that there probably isn't a big time musician or movie star in town he hasn't landed.
    I still call it The Jake.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The fuel pump is in the gas tank. It’s a pricey repair. Known to happen
    Yeah I love the integrated “sending unit” on top of the tank trick. I had to drop the tank in the CJ to clean the rust out. You’d drive until it started to hesitate, clean or replace the fuel filter, clean the tank with muratic acid and tons of water and repeat.



    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    My guess is he ran out of gas.

    Did you notice if it had a falcon perch in it?
    He insisted it had gas, but for his sake I hope he’s just trying to save face.

    Interestingly, there was a shower curtain rod snugged up between the rear braces of the roll bar. I confronted him about it and he insisted that him and his friends had just been out doing “some owl stuff.” I nonetheless took the opportunity to note the problems he’d encounter trying to falconry with such a primitive setup and how upset the raptor might become. I don’t think he took it to heart but hey I’m not the kid’s dad.

    A good friend of mine once said to me he said “Scrape em off Claire; you want to save somebody, save yourself.” Not sure why he called me Claire.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,291
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Well, with New Ashlee setting the hook and Bobby reeling them in, I think it's safe to say that there probably isn't a big time musician or movie star in town he hasn't landed.
    And all you people in the PR in these other threads whining how you're getting your balls kicked in by rich people. Take note. Bobby's out there every day kicking some rich person's balls and lubing the deals, not whining on the internet.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    24,854
    “Stainless Motors, kicking balls, pushing steel”

    Should be on every business card he hands out.
    I still call it The Jake.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,978

    Has anyone bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and regretted it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's a given. Sean Penn wouldn't be caught dead in that.
    This said by a person who thinks they can just buy their way into a falconry club with a Bentley falcon edition. A production falconer? I hope that you are prepared for replacing those falconry systems with those that fit your personal and raptorial needs much more suitably.

    Even the man in the video has been banished to the desert to be alone with his falcon and Bentley. (It is romping those dunes though.)




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    18,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    This said by a person who thinks they can just buy their way into a falconry club with a Bentley falcon edition. A production falconer? I hope that you are prepared for replacing those falconry systems with those that fit your personal and raptorial needs much more suitably.

    Even the man in the video has been banished to the desert to be alone with his falcon and Bentley. (It is romping those dunes though.)




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Falconry systems are built, not bought.

    Do falconers wave at each other on the road too?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    3,712
    Falcon questions ? Paging flyandski365 to the white courtesy phone …


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Falconry systems are built, not bought.

    Do falconers wave at each other on the road too?
    When tooling about the tournament grounds and, of course, if you spot a fellow falconer in the host village city center while motoring, on foot or whilst enjoying a local beverage at a quaint street cafe, I’d say that a friendly hand gesture is welcome.

    Now, of course, while underway upon the carriageway, all falconers should be going the same direction, as they will be traveling to the next event, and there shall be no need to pass one another. Therefore such otherwise friendly niceties may be dispensed with, as they will generally be imperceptible to your fellow falconers.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,291
    Big Steve knew his falcons.

    My guess he'd be against the sport if he were still here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,978
    Ya I hope that dudes doin good.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •