Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The manufacture of d3o does not suggest putting that material in a washing machine and voids any warranty of the product. So, there is that. From what I've read, I'll continue to sponge bathe them and one day put them in for a gentle cycle with no detergent if they get bad. I'm basically asking because the folks who make it say don't do it. For whatever reason.

As for wetsuits, all they need to do is not piss in them and they don't stick. Rinse with fresh water afterwards. I would never throw my wetsuit in a washing machine for fucks sake. All that agitating is not good for neoprene. Then again, my suits last for years of regular use.

within 6 months a wetsuit will smell bad from absorbed sweat even if it never gets wet

in any case you can't stop either from getting wet in use so I just wash it and nobody died
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My Dakine slayers are getting a little sloppy so I tried on some new knee pads ( lighter weight xc pads) I'm fairly happy with Dakine products and thats what is around so I tried on another pair and also some G-form cuz they look interesting

the Dakines that fit me were large which I don't think is right ( sizing too big ) and the G-form according to their fit instructions and the try-on were XS (sizing too small ) there was something funky about the sizing last time I tried them on

I don't trust the lycra sleeve on the G-form to hold together so i gave them a pass, the slayers are quit similar to what I already own ( they go a little higher which is good ) so I ended up with another pair of Slayers but the point i wana make is

I don't see how anyone could buy this product without trying it on
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-14-2022 at 11:11 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bump. Has anyone ridden in the new-er style Fox Enduro Pro D30 knee pads?

Protection wise they look about perfect for trail riding but wondering if there's anything funky with the fit that would cause irritation on longer rides.

Take a look at the Rapha Trail Knee Pads. I know, Rapha. But they're legit. Enduro MTB did an impact test roundup last year, and they scored better than all the other light D3O pads, and they're incredibly comfortable. Their take on the upper leg silicon grippers is very clever, basically a series of 2" long vertical strips, instead of a single 0.5" continuous horizontal strip. That lets the strip flex with your leg muscles better, and reduces the direct contact areas of the silicon. So they stay put better and irritate the skin/hairs less.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Take a look at the Rapha Trail Knee Pads. I know, Rapha. But they're legit. Enduro MTB did an impact test roundup last year, and they scored better than all the other light D3O pads, and they're incredibly comfortable. Their take on the upper leg silicon grippers is very clever, basically a series of 2" long vertical strips, instead of a single 0.5" continuous horizontal strip. That lets the strip flex with your leg muscles better, and reduces the direct contact areas of the silicon. So they stay put better and irritate the skin/hairs less.
    Those look great, actually. But challenging to get a pair, sold out everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Those look great, actually. But challenging to get a pair, sold out everywhere.
    I was able to order a second pair direct from them earlier this week. Edit: they have shipped (free) but looks like they're coming from the UK.

What size Rapha did you get? I'm typically large, but these I'm measuring M on the lower end...almost an S.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    What size Rapha did you get? I'm typically large, but these I'm measuring M on the lower end...almost an S.
    I got the mediums. 5'-8", 165 lbs. I wear a M/L TLD Stage kneepad, I think I was a M for Fox. Medium in most stuff in general, although I sometimes size up to a large shirt for the chest. I've got big skier legs, would not downsize. The lower part on the calf is pretty snug.

Tough to buy without trying them on I guess. Fit is important with those.