Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    I've touched the "clean end" of this turd long enough. We'll never change each other's minds. Once again, thanks for the sentiment OP. Time for gin and tonics and to fire up the smoker. I hope you guys all have a great weekend.
    The common ground is the people, kids in particular, that suffer from the war on drugs. Right?

In that regard, all we're doing is pointing out that the current system fails them and maybe it's time to change.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I've touched the "clean end" of this turd long enough. We'll never change each other's minds. Once again, thanks for the sentiment OP. Time for gin and tonics and to fire up the smoker. I hope you guys all have a great weekend.
    Such an open mind, we’re lucky all you leos are so objective.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ahhh, got it. So if we end the "War on Drugs" all these pieces of shit will stop keeping their kids in milk crates and dog kennels and go get a fucking job? Damn, wish I woulda thought of that. I did plenty of research, even a little bit of reading. Got a degree in it. Your part about a CJ system being designed to keep the poor people oppressed and incarcerated is true, albeit less so than 100 years ago. My question is why is everyone always attacking the police, the lowest cog in the system, but not going after what would actually make a difference, the politicians at the top?

There's plenty of totally functional alcoholics, pot smokers, and cocaine users out there. You will never in a million years convince me that people will be productive members of society while using meth, heroin, spice, shatter, and any of the other shit that's out there. Yes I read about the professor who was microdosing heroin. He's literally one in a million to be an extraordinary enough person to control that.

And abraham, no, I've never snowboarded.
    How much have you studied what Portugal did and the impact on their society? Why is it that almost no one dies of drug ODs in a country where all drugs were decriminalized? Why do they have fewer societal problems with addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    How much have you studied what Portugal did and the impact on their society? Why is it that almost no one dies of drug ODs in a country where all drugs were decriminalized? Why do they have fewer societal problems with addiction?
    Can you think of any societal differences between Portugal and the USA?

Not saying there aren’t or couldn’t be some parallels but sheesh. It’s an interesting thought experiment but would need to start with actually establishing a reliable safety net.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Can you think of any societal differences between Portugal and the USA?

Not saying there aren’t or couldn’t be some parallels but sheesh. It’s an interesting thought experiment but would need to start with actually establishing a reliable safety net.
    Oh, I know this, they speak Portuguese and eat linguica. Seriously though, they’re humans and have the same addiction problems as we do. Why is everything countered with American exceptionalism whenever topics like this arise? We’re never going to get better if we don’t change and get over ourselves.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im just here to point out to the nice deep helmet guy ive met
    shatters just a future pots thc concentrate and im going with b nanners granola this morning
    on my way to productive citizenary today
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

APD lake patrol rescues 4 women in a boat hanging over the edge of Longhorn Dam a few days ago. Goes in the “goodly” column.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/...3-b8a302d95624

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Preventing, no. Intervening, yes. Or did they stop him before he shook the baby?

Quoted me twice, and others too, each time talking about police response to a violent crime. They didn’t prevent the crime, they responded. Is English your second language? I covered this in the post you quoted.

Let’s go for the trifecta. By intervening a homicide is potentially averted. At minimum they prevented a situation escalating. I think your expectation of omniscience and the ability to prevent crime before it occurs is a bit misguided. Their presence alone can be a deterrent, but I guess we don’t want them out looking for shit to stir up, so I guess they’re just supposed to wait to be called, and then get accused of being reactionary?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Let’s go for the trifecta. By intervening a homicide is potentially averted. At minimum they prevented a situation escalating. I think your expectation of omniscience and the ability to prevent crime before it occurs is a bit misguided. Their presence alone can be a deterrent, but I guess we don’t want them out looking for shit to stir up, so I guess they’re just supposed to wait to be called, and then get accused of being reactionary?
    Or could the statement of fact be taken without assuming there's an accusation attached?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Hilarious that SFB chimes in with the real world experience of shatter. Guess that criminal sociology degree didn’t cover functioning members of society using substances.

I also suppose that CS degree didn’t cover Portugal’s successes or Switzerland’s wildly successful heroin administration program. https://www.tni.org/files/publicatio...04-killias.pdf For the ADD cops: Switzerland drastically reduced opioid overdoses and related crimes by offering heroin to users in supervised settings. Guess you can be a heroin user and a functioning member of society if you know the amount you’re getting. It s our shitty system with whatever random amount of fentanyl laced shit that our American users get that fucks them up so bad. But cops can’t see past the shit stained walls to think about the larger picture (nor can many politicians either).

Police behaving goodly

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

I don’t have any expectations or illusions about the police, for the most part they’re a constant source of disappointment when taken as a whole.

I think you illustrate my point though, cops aren’t preventing crime, l don’t expect them to. Intervention of a crime in progress isn’t really prevention and often leads to worse outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Hilarious that SFB chimes in with the real world experience of shatter. Guess that criminal sociology degree didn’t cover functioning members of society using substances.

I also suppose that CS degree didn’t cover Portugal’s successes or Switzerland’s wildly successful heroin administration program. https://www.tni.org/files/publicatio...04-killias.pdf For the ADD cops: Switzerland drastically reduced opioid overdoses and related crimes by offering heroin to users in supervised settings. Guess you can be a heroin user and a functioning member of society if you know the amount you’re getting. It s our shitty system with whatever random amount of fentanyl laced shit that our American users get that fucks them up so bad. But cops can’t see past the shit stained walls to think about the larger picture (nor can many politicians either).
    I don’t disagree that getting legal clean and measured heroin helps junkies survive

I just grew up and realized they are never going to thrive.

When someone around here overdoses the other junkies want to buy that shit since it must be good.
    . . .

So we should ban cheap carbs, fat and meat too? I work in healthcare too and from my anecdotal experience(just like yours) those things are bigger problems than drugs. One has more of a stigma than the other.
    Shit would get real in a hurry if we treated Type 2 diabetics like heroin users and they had to buy insulin on the black market. They made their own bed with their shitty lifestyle choices, so fuck 'em, right? 40% of lung transplants are performed for end-stage emphysema in former smokers (at a collective costs of tens of millions of dollars which we all pay for through insurance premiums and Medicare), and a substantial portion of those people start smoking again after their transplant (https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/35/6/1411)! You can proper-fuck your life a thousand different ways and society will try help you even if you don't deserve it, but get addicted to a drug that isn't alcohol or nicoteine and you're an unsaveable degenerate.

The idea that the War on Drugs was ever about personal or public health is hilarious.

Legalizing things like crack, dab, shatter, spice, and heroin is probably not the answer. Unless you're a fan of seeing a ton of people die.
    Dab/shatter are legal in all states where recreational weed is legal and they aren't killing people there. Haven't heard shit about spice in quite a while, and weed being illegal was the only reason it was ever popular at all. Heroin addiction would be a manageable medical condition if it were legal (see: Switzerland). Most opioid ODs these days are from fentanyl, anyway.

It's interesting that psychedelics didn't make your list either time you posted it.

Yes I read about the professor who was microdosing heroin. He's literally one in a million to be an extraordinary enough person to control that.
    Carl Hart? He was macro-dosing, not microdosing, and he's far from one-in-a-million (he uses meth and cocaine, too). At most, one-third of people who try heroin become addicted (https://www.livescience.com/62701-od...ependency.html) and that is probably biased high since many of those people were already addicted to prescription opioids. I've been prescribed shit tons of opioids in my life and don't even particularly like them. My wife hates them. I'd bet everything I own that if I had ready access to pharma-grade heroin I could use occasionally and not ruin my life.

Not being a drag on society isn’t good enough for you? They also have to “thrive”?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    i hear the skiing suck there too. so, why not move? gotta be a better situation for you somewhere else?
    People say this all the time. The answer is complicated and personal and I think, despite how much I’ve done it here in the past, writing some giant highly personal rundown of all my life circumstances on this forum seems like one of those “fool me once, shame on you” kinda deals.

Suffice it to say, there are real, complicated reasons why picking up and moving is just trading one set of problems for another, at best. Trust me, a place like this at age 25 and I’d be driving away, right now, steering with my knees so I could use both middle fingers. Might even hit cruise and give the middle toe.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    How do you have this many interactions with cops?

I haven't talked to a cop in years and I'm just some guy who likes to ski and walk his dog like you.
    I don’t fully understand this either, and I live here. If you want to better appreciate BLM and associated points of view, it’s worth thinking about this right here. IAS is a nice, genuine guy who just doesn’t quite fold smoothly into whatever vision this community has set for itself, for whatever reason, even though on paper he fits into all sorts of good molds. It doesn’t help that he’s physically imposing.

It’s definitely a weird town, and if I didn’t have an ex wife who I shared custody of kids with who went to local schools I’d be looking for a way out.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    People say this all the time. The answer is complicated and personal and I think, despite how much I’ve done it here in the past, writing some giant highly personal rundown of all my life circumstances on this forum seems like one of those “fool me once, shame on you” kinda deals.

Suffice it to say, there are real, complicated reasons why picking up and moving is just trading one set of problems for another, at best. Trust me, a place like this at age 25 and I’d be driving away, right now, steering with my knees so I could use both middle fingers. Might even hit cruise and give the middle toe.

yeah, I get it…. please don’t think that I’m just raggin’ on ya.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post

im not sure hilarious is the right word
    dudes a solid mag i offered and still would mount his spats or work on his gear any different than another mag with another vocation
    before we moved our neighbors was fbi and a great guy. we watched their dog when they were on vacation
    bit discerning though that the 5 0 could think its different thc
    ya can eat the gummies, smoke flower outta a miller high life can, vape it in a pax, dab live resins outta a high dollar device, shit ya can probs boof the pots enemas these days
    but at no point does your thc consumption ever become sumthins other than thc consumption and these concentrates aint being made by the evil drug cartels smuggled here and packaged.
    and yeah i like to be in command of our back yard spread

in a manner of dankness
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...and weed being illegal was the only reason it was ever popular at all.
    now hold on

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    now hold on
    What, that it was a just a legal weed alternative, or that it was genuinely "popular" at all? I'll certainly concede the latter point. It's also a gross oversimplification to label all synthetic cannabinoids (of which there are hundreds) as "spice" and decry them equally. Many of the ones sold in headshops were indeed shitty chemicals that no one should ingest (and many "spice" blends also contained other undisclosed psychoactive chemicals and plants), but there are others that are at least as safe as THC and are reported to have great highs.

No one ever gnawed on a strangers face while naked while high on weed

I have no idea what spice is. But that shit makes Florida people go cannibal

Maybe it’s the CBD cannibalanoids in the spice?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    No one ever gnawed on a strangers face while naked while high on weed

I have no idea what spice is. But that shit makes Florida people go cannibal

Maybe it’s the CBD cannibalanoids in the spice?
    Are you confusing spice with bath salts?

He seems to be. Further, the role of "bath salts" in the Miami Cannibal Attack and some other violent incidents is speculative and was not confirmed by toxicology results. Regardless, they're another drug whose only reason for existence was to skirt drug laws.

The Spice!

Credit where credit is due:

I watched a man standing outside a party surrounded by NYPD last night, the man was shouting at them, “They’re doing illegal drugs in there!” An officer replied, “You’re just mad you got kicked out of the party, go home.”
    https://twitter.com/HamiltonMorris/s...37552452751366