ISO: 4.1x9.5mm bit bay area

looking for a 4.1mm bit in the bay this week, want to mount some skinny volcano skis (that evidently have a titanal layer???) but only have ~3.5mm stepped bits. Yeah yeah i can use a 5/32 or something but would rather use a stepped in my jig.

You can likely use your 3.5mm just will be more physical hand cranking to get everything flush vs. using the 4.1.
    Uno mas

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Most likely just a mounting plate so you don't rip a toe piece out of your skimo pool noodles. Drill 3.5, tap if you have a tap, otherwise just hand crank the screws and keep consistent down pressure. If it starts to hang up, just back it out 1/8th turn and go in again.

Check your drill depth against the sidewall on the rear heel holes if you have big feet, lot of those skis have thin cores.
    Last edited by ZomblibulaX; 06-01-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Shoot I'm out of town or I'd loan you my bits/taps

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

McMaster Carr will likely deliver to you next day - that is my go to source for last minute odd tools.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Most likely just a mounting plate so you don't rip a toe piece out of your skimo pool noodles. Drill 3.5, tap if you have a tap, otherwise just hand crank the screws and keep consistent down pressure. If it starts to hang up, just back it out 1/8th turn and go in again.

Check your drill depth against the sidewall on the rear heel holes if you have big feet, lot of those skis have thin cores.
    Hilarious. I was also thinking the titanal layer = aluminum foil thickness.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Shoot I'm out of town or I'd loan you my bits/taps

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Appreciate it.

Def can make it workn, day job last couple years is aerospace so guess I get triggered by creative solutions and .5mm deviations. Regardless, appreciate the feedback guys.

I’ve got a 4.1x9 bit in parkside (outer sunset essentially) if you want to borrow.