FS: Old Bianchi road bike

UPDATE: Make an offer! Get this bike out of my house! You buy now!

Don't know the size, if someone tells me how to measure I can do that. I'm 5'9", 30" inseam in pants, and this fits me perfectly, as do most things in the medium-ish size.

Got this bike, an old frame built up with a variety of parts, from a roadie friend who worked at a bike shop, many years ago (maybe 15?). The bike works well, had a recent tune in terms of miles ridden, but the bike has been stored and out of use for a good while (I cleaned up and tested it out, so it's good to go). I am not a roadie so this bike sees a ride maybe once a year, two on a bad year, zero on a good one? Only thing it needs is a bar tape job.

I don't know if this bike has any retro value, is it a cool old bike with a hodgepodge of good parts on it, or is it a bottom of the line shitty old bike with a grabbag of crappy parts?

I'm guessing a working bike with "Bianchi" on it can get $250, $200? So I am offering it up here in the event that is a steal that a maggot should enjoy. In the event my price is crazy, let me know, because I don't know shit about road bikes. Or bikes in general.

Located in Boulder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike4.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	376118

Name:	bike5.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	376114

Name:	bike3.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	376115

Name:	bike2.jpg 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	376116

Name:	bike1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	376117

Name:	bike6.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	376119

Name:	bike7.jpg 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	376120
    Last edited by Danno; 06-14-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There’s a nice gravel bike. I bet it will take 32-35 mm tires. New bars and stem your good to go

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not Celeste Green, shit brown, woof that’s the ugliest Bianchi ever.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Totally. If it were the famous green color, it'd be worth a grand, easily.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

FS: Old Bianchi road bike

No retro value, it’s a 90s without high end tubing or Campy components. I’d say somewhere $250-$350 on CL if you did a full overhaul and tune on it. Untouched id say $200 is a decent Mag deal

Frame is Japan (Tange) which can be OK but is considered inferior relative to the Italian-made frames of that vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    No retro value, it’s a 90s without high end tubing or Campy components. I’d say somewhere $250-$350 on CL if you did a full overhaul and tune on it. Untouched id say $200 is a decent Mag deal
    Agree on price range. It's an average old frame with a hodge podge of lower mid range parts. Not garbage but nothing rare.

Danno, to measure: measure from center of bottom bracket to top of the top tube, in a straight line along the seat tube - not perpendicular to the ground. This measurement is called "center to top".

A Japanese built lugged Bianchi frame may well be better built than the Italian ones, though less desired by collector types. It'll probably have English thread BB, not Italian, so easier to find suitable parts that fit.

Those brakes won't fit the large tires someone posted about up thread. Short reach side pull. Probably limited to something like a 700x25 if you want the tires to actually fit past the brakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I bet you can get 32s on there. Those are mid reach Tektro dual pivot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ok, well, if anyone localish wants it for 200...

Otherwise I'll list on FB/CL.

Make an offer if you want this bike, I need it gone and I'm tired of trying to sell it.

I wish you were in VT.

As others said, made in Japan Bianchi. Dead easy to build due to standard threading and sizes and typically great riders. Had one for many years -- mine was a limited not sure of this exact model (though I would be similar because that is a Shimano 600 "Arabesque" crank. Based on the frame tube sticker I think its Ishiwata 022 not Tange tubing -- still good stuff -- double butted and all that.

Probably came stock with 27" tires -- but those Tektro dual pulls are a long reach variant to enable easy conversion to 700c (which has been done here.) I've run those same brakes on 35s without issue.