Freight shipping options for Treadwall from Boston to Spokane/N. Idaho?

TGR collective,

I am looking for the collective's expertise on best freight shipping options for a treadwall climbing wall I bought used in the Boston area and need to ship to North Idaho. My brother lives local to Boston and can help me out but I'd prefer to have everything as sorted before I ask him to do anything (and not have him figure it out, but just execute). Does anyone have experience with freight shipping something bulky like this or have ideas for cheapest shipping? Speed is not a real priority as it's outside climbing season here!

Looking at the Amtrak website it looks to big/heavy for pallet shipping via train, but maybe other Amtrak options exist if I talk to someone on the phone or in person? Then it could ship Boston -> Spokane WA.

Specs are listed by the manufacturer as 4.5' wide and 10' tall, the legs remove should be about 2-3' deep and weight of 750lbs. I was thinking of just removing the legs and strapping it to a long pallet for shipping.

TIA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Could you send Treadwell an email and ask what their shipping method is? No ideas otherwise. Good luck.

Calling the company sounds like a good idea. You can also try to broker your own shipment through uship.com.

https://www.uship.com/

I had a really good experience with that website when I needed my 28 x 12 boat shipped from Ohio to upstate. I Gotter done for $250 which I thought was a pretty good deal. Basically, you post what you need moved and the truck folks bid for it. Lowest wins.

good luck.

I might be able to get it to Seattle in a moving truck as part of my move in a month but I think it is $10/cuft. Pm if interested.

Suggest contacting two places:

(a) CargoLink - you will likely have to palletize it it first, but not too hard. You best best for inexpensive cross-continent freight.
    https://www.cargolink.com/

(b) Crate and Freighters - they can pick it up and palletize/crate it, but it will cost you at least a few hundred extra.
    https://www.cratersandfreighters.com/

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Calling the company sounds like a good idea. You can also try to broker your own shipment through uship.com.

https://www.uship.com/

I had a really good experience with that website when I needed my 28 x 12 boat shipped from Ohio to upstate. I Gotter done for $250 which I thought was a pretty good deal. Basically, you post what you need moved and the truck folks bid for it. Lowest wins.

good luck.
    Yeah, used that for a Vancouver to Ottawa shipment. Its like an Uber for truck owners. I was happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

In addition to what others have said, I would just emphasize that shipping it freight most likely means it'll go as a partial load on some random truck that's driving in the general direction of your destination. That means that the time of arrival could be relatively quickly, or it could be a month or two if Billy Bob that's driving the semi feels like stopping and hanging out at his house for a week along the way. Also make sure the shipment is insured, because I've found the companies running these sort of random freight shipments aren't always that careful with the stuff they're moving.

I used Craters and Freighters before for speakers and several boxes. It was super super easy. Called them told them the dimensions of the items. They picked them up unboxed on the date and time they said, packed and shipped them and it showed up on the date and time they said (and I even requested them to move this date back a couple weeks and they obliged).

It will be completely painless and you'll pay for it, but not nearly as much as if you asked UPS or Fedex to do an LTL (less-than-truckload) freight shipment.

Awesome tips guys, thanks. I have submitted for some quotes on the suggested sites and reached out to CarlH. Will let you guys know how it goes.