The Great and Unending Chain of Prose!

This day, being the last Sunday in May, the day the pollen was released into my terpid lungs, the exact moment uncertain but without rhyme nor treason, I hereby declare this the official Great and Unending Chain of Prose thread!

The rules:

• Any topic. Loosely linked to the last topic.
    • No more than 96 words, please. Anything over that can and will be rewarded by the application of 'dildo stickers' and/or other stickers illustrating the use of body-safe silicone. This rule is easy to follow - just count.
    • No politics. But if you must, you are allowed IF you mock thine own (your own) effing party and/or in-group. This can easily be determined by checking your post history. I'll probably get away with it though because I delete a lot of my post history.
    • No rhyming. If it sounds like a poem - your are doing it wrong. This isn't measured in meters, just in feet (pun intended). But if you must, then the poem must have something to do with a well known rock ballad. NO exceptions!
    • One suitably sized photo that you personally took is allowed with each post. But only if the photo is to do with skiing (or boarding, surfing, fishing, hiking/camping, but no biking. Biking is just too contentious these days).
    • Bonus points if it actually has something --even the slightest something-rather-- to do with skiing (or boarding, surfing, fishing, hiking/camping, but no biking. Biking is just too contentious these days).

I think that's all. Let the Great and Unending Chain of Prose begin!
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Laser sharks.

The End

Downhill Slide. The never ending story of how a bunch of skiers tried to conquer a thread on TGR.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Downhill Slide. The never ending story of how a bunch of skiers tried to conquer a thread on TGR.
    Oh come now. You’re better than that.
    Armchair judges sit slothfully on their sofas, wistfully remembering days long past wherein they once conquered the white mountain monster, and sang praises to Ullr, writ large upon the Grecian Formula urns.
    . . .

Whence the Grecian Formula urns had Grecian Formula yearns.
    One of them said, "Let's watch a good ski flic. What'Cha got?" Stump went over to the ski menu and read it out loud:

• Free Heel Skiing. A story about a skier that freed his inner heel.
    • Alti-mate skiing. When the mate you have isn't the ultimate.
    • Tracking the Wild Roomba. A story about a little robot that didn't suck at skiing.
    • Brave Enough. A story about a skier that discovered a new line after chickening out on the original objective.

Let me film you
    You interweb Ullr tease
    Tits or get the fuck out
    While we’re training for vanlife
    On our way to Alaska
    With dreams of bacon, soup, and pocket meats
    But we’ll never leave our keyboard behind
    $37 and a new box fan don’t get you far
    When you struggle to get it up anymore
    Even longboards don’t help
    This B movie

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    ... The rules: .
    thats a lot of rules

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    thats a lot of rules

Rules are rules
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's only steep if you're backseat"

1921 prose
    Not mine
    Tulsa

Lurid flames roared and belched and licked their forked tongues into the air. Smoke ascended the sky in thick, black volumes and amid it all, the planes – now a dozen or more in number – still hummed and darted here and there with the agility of natural birds of the air.

Planes circling in midair: They grew in number and hummed, darted and dipped low. I could hear something like hail falling upon the top of my office building. Down East Archer, I saw the old Mid-Way hotel on fire, burning from its top, and then another and another and another building began to burn from their top.

The sidewalks were literally covered with burning turpentine balls. I knew all too well where they came from, and I knew all too well why every burning building first caught fire from the top.

I paused and waited for an opportune time to escape. 'Where oh where is our splendid fire department with its half dozen stations?' I asked myself, 'Is the city in conspiracy with the mob?'
    . . .

you're gay
    right?
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    1921 prose
    Not mine
    Tulsa

Lurid flames roared and belched and licked their forked tongues into the air. Smoke ascended the sky in thick, black volumes and amid it all, the planes – now a dozen or more in number – still hummed and darted here and there with the agility of natural birds of the air.

Planes circling in midair: They grew in number and hummed, darted and dipped low. I could hear something like hail falling upon the top of my office building. Down East Archer, I saw the old Mid-Way hotel on fire, burning from its top, and then another and another and another building began to burn from their top.

The sidewalks were literally covered with burning turpentine balls. I knew all too well where they came from, and I knew all too well why every burning building first caught fire from the top.

I paused and waited for an opportune time to escape. 'Where oh where is our splendid fire department with its half dozen stations?' I asked myself, 'Is the city in conspiracy with the mob?'
    The fact that some people thought that was OK,
    not the depth of snow or the length of skis but the depravity of the racist mind, all white, small penises.
    Here were are today shocked by the things of yesterday. Will we be thought same by the generations that follow?
    Who will the savages be, the former racists, homophobes, selfish fucking pricks?
    Let's hold hope and not fear nor JUDGE others too harshley. They lived in a time when skis were straight and everything was NATURALLY based. No artificial snowmaking. No camber. No rocker. Just the fears of skiing life's social black diamond runs of interracial association and non-traditional boundaries.
    We're off piste now. Piste off about what was but off-piste to what comes.
    Let's remain on the quad chair or life, all different of us. Even the 6 pack. They can whisk us to new heights as we learn to understand that not everyone is the same.
    The mountain can accommodate us all. The snow falls on us all. The moguls befall us all.
    Tulsa. We remember. Let us ski - all of us.

sorry PG,
    my insensitive comment wasnt directed at you ....
    nice reply!

mike tyson

My 1921 vintage Tulsa post was something I found after google after watching the Tulsa documentary on cnn.

I had no idea

But that 1921 news story was so well written I considered it prose and wanted to share. Even if it makes me gay.
    . . .