Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spam redirect

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    +1 in chrome on Android and only on tgr's site also.

I ran malwarebytes and it came up empty. Thought my phone may have caught the herp.
    Just out of curiosity, since I don't get the redirect...are you running the free version or the paid version? I have the paid and the biggest dif between the two is the real-time protection. I'm just wondering if this is proof of functionality.

It is coming right off the webpage when using Chrome on Android. It happens the first visit. Then doesn't happen if I go back and reload the page. If I close the browser and go back, it dose it again -- but not after a reload. So only when browser first opened for me. Hope that helps.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Just out of curiosity, since I don't get the redirect...are you running the free version or the paid version? I have the paid and the biggest dif between the two is the real-time protection. I'm just wondering if this is proof of functionality.
    Free version

Still happening

Was alibaba, now yifymovies on Android phone with Firefox with various ad blockers and script blockers, hasn't happened on the PC also running same Firefox build 89 with same ad blockers and script blockers. Looks like an issue with the different views for different devices? One is getting injected with a redirect, other is not?

only happens on my tablet but i too get the movie spam
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Thanks for all the feedback gang.
    I’m passing on this info to tgr and I think they’re following this thread by now so keep the info coming.
    skid luxury

I just got a new one

https://www.iptrack.info/

I only get them when opening the site from a quick link on my google homepage or from saved bookmarks.
    Once it opens clean and I am in, I can navigate the forum and it doesn't pop back up

I disabled the ad blocker, since it didn’t appear to fix the problem, and it does seem like the redirects are happening at about the same rate as with ad blocker on.

Like heckacali, I get the redirects only when I use a bookmark to access the site, but not when I’m navigating around inside the site. And it doesn’t happen every time I use the bookmark, either. Not sure of the frequency, may 50% of the time or less, I’m guessing.

Also, I was getting a steady dose of yifimovies.cam, but lately it has switched to iptracker.info.

It appears that I can just use the back arrow to get back to the page the bookmark was supposed to take me to. Not sure if it was always like that and I just didn’t notice before, or if that’s a recent change.

[QUOTE=m40691;6335428]this is interesting that you still have that problem[QUOTE]

Do you know something about this that we don't?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I just got a new one

#metoo. Only when on my I-Phone, not on tablet or desktop.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Still happening.....

YIFYmovies.cam was the most common one I get.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I disabled the ad blocker, since it didn’t appear to fix the problem, and it does seem like the redirects are happening at about the same rate as with ad blocker on.

Like heckacali, I get the redirects only when I use a bookmark to access the site, but not when I’m navigating around inside the site. And it doesn’t happen every time I use the bookmark, either. Not sure of the frequency, may 50% of the time or less, I’m guessing.

Also, I was getting a steady dose of yifimovies.cam, but lately it has switched to iptracker.info.

It appears that I can just use the back arrow to get back to the page the bookmark was supposed to take me to. Not sure if it was always like that and I just didn’t notice before, or if that’s a recent change.
    Pretty much summarizes my experience over past couple of weeks. Only happens on my iPhone 12, not on my 2019 iPad. It’s a pain in the ass…I can back arrow out of it, and have always been able to do that, but at some point I may accidentally click on something on the spam page while holding the phone.

Last few days I’ve just avoided tgr when I’m on my iPhone.

Been having same problem and sites as described on a pixel. I found that as the site opens if I click the "Use Desktop Site" in the chrome menu, it reverts back to the TGR site. Not sure if that helps anyone looking into this, if anyone is>

Spam redirect happening on my iPhone 6 too (in addn to the 12) Safari but still hasn’t happened on my iPad. All with updated iOS.

Whereas up to now, the redirects only occurred when I used a saved link (under the “frequently visited” tab) to first access the site, and not while navigating around while inside the site, that just changed. I just got a redirect while navigating around inside the site, so I thought that was worth mentioning.

The offending site is still iptrack.info, but it mentions something about “captcha” now. I’d say I get this redirect maybe ~10% of the time I used the saved link to first access the site (just guessing).

Another thing that could be significant (or not) is that I used the “Metro Mobile B&W” interface to access the site. I don’t use the app.

I have an iPhone 8, and I update the OS whenever an update is ready. Hope this helps whoever is looking into this, if anyone actually is.
    Last edited by billyk; 06-27-2021 at 11:18 AM.

My iPhone 12 / Safari is no longer getting the spam redirect.

i just tested my iphone - still redirecting
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ah shit, it’s redirecting to that Captcha page again.

i get it in on the desktop too now without uBlock.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

THE HACKERS HAVE BYPASSED THE BOX FAN AND INFILTRATED THE SERVER CLOSET!

I just got a new one

This is the one I get, 100% of the time when I open the TGR website on my Android (using Chrome) in a new tab. I immediately close it, and go to TGR again and it's fine.
    No issues on desktop for me.

I just got a new one

I'm getting this one on my lap top now. Fuckers.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Getting this on my windows PC now as well, using chrome. Seems to be a pretty major security issue, no? Wish this was being taken more seriously.