"Bad Bob" Salerno: RIP

Just saw this posted on FaceBook from Bob's sister:

It’s with a very heavy heart that I am writing this; my Twin Brother “Bad” Bob Salerno passed away in his sleep last night at his home in Santa Monica, California. It was of natural causes nothing suspicious, I think he may have had a heart attack. I am just relieved he went peacefully. He was my half, my best friend. We always laughed that when we had relationship issues that we knew we always had each other who loved us. Bob was an Icon in the Freestyle Skiing Industry, he was one of the pioneers of Freestyle Skiing in the West. It all began at Snow Basin 53 years ago. Bob was inducted into the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame in Aspen in 2016. He owned Virtual Snow L.A. where people could come learn to Ski and Snowboard indoors on a revolving ramp that simulated what it’s like to be on snow. It was also a training facility for expert Skiers, Boarders and Hollywood Stunt people. Myself and our Brother Brad Salerno are the only surviving members of our immediate Family. He had one son who he was so proud of and just so happened to be a kick ass Snowboarder and an amazing person, Rob Salerno Jr.. He is married to an amazing woman Kristi Slager Salerno. He had hundreds of friends who loved him dearly. His loss will be a void for a very long time. We are planning a Celebration of Life at Snowbird and Snow Basin sometime in the coming months. Please message me if you want to get more information. Thank you to all who were such good friends and who loved Bob like a Brother. He will be terribly missed. Til I see you again I loved you with all my heart and soul Bob!!

Aw man a freestyle legend. RIP. Loved training on his machines back in the day. Here's a great vid featuring him.

https://youtu.be/KZOPd8IAWbo

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Bummer.
    I met him in 2005 at Virtual Snow.
    He was a big supporter of our local ski areas.
    RIP ++++

Condolences

Sorry to hear this Becky. It's been too long since I saw Bad Bob because I moved out of the area. I have some great memories training at Virtual Snow, grabbing a burger at the Counter a few blocks from there with him, and skiing at Sun Valley, Snowbird, and Heavenly with him. The year I met you at Sun Valley might be the most fun I've ever had on a skiing trip. He was a phenomenal coach and a good friend. I miss him already.
    Hope you're well all things considered.