Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    stump? Thats a gooddamn tree still. Has it been like that for years?

I can see this tree breaking mid winter, getting cut at 6ft due to conditions, then actually cut to a stump the next summer by trail crew. Was that not the case?
    i think it broke off naturaly at > 6 feet cuz if some one had cut it there would be some kind of notching but it looks just busted off
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

you wouldn’t see the notch from the angle that picture was taken, even if there was one

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

stump? Thats a gooddamn tree still. Has it been like that for years?

I can see this tree breaking mid winter, getting cut at 6ft due to conditions, then not actually cut to a stump the next summer by trail crew. Was that not the case?
    FIFY

That said, if it was not on a groomed trail, inherent risk.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    FIFY

That said, if it was not on a groomed trail, inherent risk.
    Copy. I ski in Colorado where we have to tread lightly. Isnt this tree on one of the JH frontside blue runs?

JH locals. Is the tree broken naturally, or lopped clean with a chainsaw at the top?

The photo looks cut to me
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    They did leave that stump 6’ tall right next to a groomer like an asshole though. Agree with the legal decision but it’s not like he was in a glade.

I'll point out a few elements, again.
    This photo is from the spring, not likely a' time of accident' shot. Note the melted out valley floor.
    It's on thunder ridgeline. That opening is in my opinion, the top of Thunder proper, the tree cut double fall line. Maaaybee a tower or two uphill, a coupla gaps in there with the right angle.
    It's not often groomed. Average black diamond run. It gets groomed a little more frequently lately. Historically they never groomed it until St. Patty's day; when everyone early would mach to it and point it.
    That tree is about a 10-16" diameter. I sure wouldn't need a notch on that.
    It's a manmade cut, no question. But there are a few answers, handsaw, chainsaw, sawzall, winch cable...
    The 'cut off in mid season' is the winning bet.

The tram is outta commission for the summer or I'd go see what's there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'll point out a few elements, again.
    This photo is from the spring, not likely a' time of accident' shot. Note the melted out valley floor.
    It's on thunder ridgeline. That opening is in my opinion, the top of Thunder proper, the tree cut double fall line. Maaaybee a tower or two uphill, a coupla gaps in there with the right angle.
    It's not often groomed. Average black diamond run. It gets groomed a little more frequently lately. Historically they never groomed it until St. Patty's day; when everyone early would mach to it and point it.
    That tree is about a 10-16" diameter. I sure wouldn't need a notch on that.
    It's a manmade cut, no question. But there are a few answers, handsaw, chainsaw, sawzall, winch cable...
    The 'cut off in mid season' is the winning bet.

The tram is outta commission for the summer or I'd go see what's there now.
    Cut the tree mid winter at 6ft cause thats the only option. ok. Don't come back with the trail crew in the summer and cut that fucker to a stump? C'Mon man!

In JHMR's defense, Disney Witch gets a moist minge every time she sees it since it resembles Jay Kemmerer's 70-year-old slumber lumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    In JHMR's defense, Disney Witch gets a moist minge every time she sees it since it resembles Jay Kemmerer's 70-year-old slumber lumber.
    Lol. Lets be real though.

This is why our trail crews won't touch shit in black terrain (with good reason). You cut back a bush and it grows thick instead, ready to stop a ski even better than before. Where do you stop then? Lopping the tree at 6ft makes it a man made cut which opens you up to liability here in the USA. Suprised with the ruling, even though im anti lawsuit by nature.

I bet this (giant ass stump) tree gets taken care of this summer after all this...

Cut the tree mid winter at 6ft cause thats the only option. ok. Don't come back with the trail crew in the summer and cut that fucker to a stump? C'Mon man!
    I agree that it should have been dealt with in short order.
    Who's to say it wasn't?
    As I said earlier, maybe the cut was made earlier in the winter and then this picture was taken after closing but before the summer cut crew could address it. And there's not a crew cutting trees all the time anyway.
    I'm unclear on the timeline between the accident and that photo, see.

It's something that needed to be addressed asap but still just another thing to avoid or hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I agree that it should have been dealt with in short order.
    Who's to say it wasn't?
    As I said earlier, maybe the cut was made earlier in the winter and then this picture was taken after closing but before the summer cut crew could address it. And there's not a crew cutting trees all the time anyway.
    I'm unclear on the timeline between the accident and that photo, see.

It's something that needed to be addressed asap but still just another thing to avoid or hit.
    and i bet that fucker gets cut this summer