Post Pandemic Travel

Holy balls. I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get ahold of someone at Delta to extend our upcoming trip back east for Darling Daughter's graduation. By the time a live person called me back last night 10 hours after getting in que, I spend over an hour on the phone (most of it on hold) while they chased down an e credit that wasn't showing up in my account. The poor girl sounded shell shocked.

Sounds like the first thing people are doing after getting vaxxed is getting the hell out of dodge.

I flew out of Orlando the Monday after Mother’s Day. The TSA line snaked through the long maze, down one side of the terminal, made a U-turn and came all the way back up the other side of the terminal.

I had dropped off my rental are 1:45 before my flight and by the time I got thru security, it was a good thing my plane was late as I was the absolute last passenger to board. Never had that happen before.

Delta lounge yesterday at MSP - packed to the rafters 9-11 am.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Delta lounge yesterday at MSP - packed to the rafters 9-11 am.
    I've noticed that too. Do you think it's because they froze status and let people keep accruing miles/status all last year?

I’ve bounced around Southern Africa and Central America a bit over the past year and my advice is to be very patient and flexible. I had >36h of delays on one of my trips; it would have been hellish compared the the old standards. Couldn’t get anyone on the phone, stranded in cities not even on my booked itinerary, comped hotel fully booked. I think it’s just the new normal. Still better than the previous year when everything was cancelled.

I was also the dead last passenger to board a domestic flight recently… highly embarrassing! I generally consider myself a competent traveler.

TSA at Orlando sucks balls. Almost as bad as Newark Terminal C

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    at least when you get through TSA you're done with either of those states.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Arrow It was really costly but I made it

It was really expensive but after communicating with Delta I was able to go on the trip and ski without any problems. But it is really difficult and I recommend a lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I've noticed that too. Do you think it's because they froze status and let people keep accruing miles/status all last year?
    When a glass of wine is $21 in the airport and you can get in for $30 it’s a no brainer.

agree
    I hate it so much, makes me nervous

The pandemic is over?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Terminal C is a horror show. You NEED PreCheck for that and it still is a dog and pony show. While Im on the subject Newark is the filthiest airport Ive flown in or out of. It was convenient to take NJ Transit and just go to the terminal but what a shit hole the place is. Rant over.

I had to go to CLE for business recently. This place was dirty as fuck. It's like no one had cleaned it for a week. Trash all over the terminal and gate areas. Crumbs all over the seats and stains all over the carpet. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Terminal C is a horror show. You NEED PreCheck for that and it still is a dog and pony show. While Im on the subject Newark is the filthiest airport Ive flown in or out of. It was convenient to take NJ Transit and just go to the terminal but what a shit hole the place is. Rant over.
    Weird. I fly in and out of EWR every summer and it's always seemed fine to me. I actually think it's pretty decent as airports go.