Thread: Sedona Advice

Sedona Advice

I'm going to be doing a bunch of riding in Sedona in the next week. Looking for two very different sets of trail recommendations:

1) For me. Likes steep, rowdy trails.
    2) To ride with Ms. HAB, who is in great shape, but is a beginner mountain biker. Mellow, smooth, and flowy is the ticket.

Yo HAB, For you, Hiline, Hangover, The Hogs and Broken Arrow, Western Civ, Ground Control and Thunder Mountain Trail (west to east is preferred and tie it in with Ant Hill) should all be good for you.

For your wifey, The west side blues and greens are where it's at. I like parking at the cultural center.

Indian Gardens has a beautiful patio surrounded by massive cottonwood and sycamore trees. They have had really good food and a tasty beer selection in the past. I haven't been in a good long while and it's under new management since. Totas De Fuego is legit mexican food. I hear that there's a lot of new places these days and the food in Sedona has become much better than it used to be. I swear, it's like restaurants years ago felt like they didn't have to try much, it was weird how mediocre the food scene used to be.

I'm just up the hill (about a 40 min. drive on 89A) in flagstaff. I haven't checked the weather for next week but it's surprisingly cool right now. Lots of wind. I'd totally meet up with ya for a ride but I'm in Utah starting Monday for 10 days working on a trail system east of Zion NP.

You should definitely get up to Flagstaff and ride the new Heart Trail. I worked really hard on that one, it took 15 months to complete. I designed it and was the crew lead during construction. It's beautiful imho, our most "epic" sort of trail with huge sweeping views and a long, fun and flowing descent. I like to start on upper Sunset, descend Heart and take a left on Little Elden and around to Shultz Pass. Don't miss it, I promise it's worth your time.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Thanks! All the advice very much appreciated.

Sedona Advice

I found the village of oak creek ten mins to the south to be much more palatable than Sedona proper.

Parked at Bell Rock trailhead and had a great afternoon of solid blue mountain biking down some awesome trails. You will dodge tourists straight out of the gate, but they thin out. Views are insane.

My favorite was the Llama trail, but there is so much to explore elsewhere.
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 05-23-2021 at 11:00 AM.

I've only been once so I'm no expert. In addition to ra13's great suggestions, I found Pyramid to be a nice treat. Not super long, but steep and ledgy fun. I was also Brewer Trail curious when I was there but didn't get it in.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.